For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Fed] 1 Engineering Officer
[Stf] Tellarite
•Engineer
You may play this personnel as though it were a [DS9] , [E] , [TNG] , or [Voy] personnel.
When you play this personnel, you may download Engineering Kit, Engineering Officer, or Engineering PADD.
"..."
Integrity 5 Cunning 5 Strength 5
[Fed] 1 Medical Officer
[Stf] Human
•Medical
You may play this personnel as though it were a [DS9] , [E] , [TNG] , or [Voy] personnel.
When you play this personnel, you may download Medical Kit, Medical Officer, or Medical Tricorder.
"..."
[Fed] 1 Science Officer
[Stf] Vulcan
•Science
When you play this personnel, you may download Science Officer, Science PADD or Tricorder.
"..."
[Fed] 1 Security Officer
[Stf] Andorian
•Security
When you play this personnel, you may download Security Officer or Starfleet Type-2 Phaser.
"..."
[Bor] 2 Borg Drone
[Stf] Borg
•Engineering •Medical •Science
Drone. You may include up to 6 copies of this personnel in your deck.
When you play this personnel, you may download Borg Drone or a nonartifact equipment card that costs 1 or less.
"TASK: ..."
[Bor] 1 •Specialty Drone
[Stf] Borg
Drone. When you play this personnel, name a skill. Specialty Drone gains the named skill.
Interlink: the named skill. (While this personnel is attempting a mission, you may discard the top card of your deck to make each of your Borg gain the named skill until the end of that mission attempt.)
"TASK: ..."
Last edited by rferries on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Re: Officers - neat idea, although under-costed; (in the past) typically a download "would and should*" add a cost somewhere to it (either a discard to download or a cost +1).

*: I say "would and should" because, as the game has aged, naturally power creep has...crept in, and made cards cheaper (in one fashion or another) than they originally might've been.

Re: Specialty Drone - needs to be unique. Dropping three and naming three different skills would cause confusion in the event of those folks being stopped or killed. I'd also maybe exclude Honor, Telepathy and Treachery from the list of nameable skills, as these aren't things that can really be 'learnt' (but that's just me).

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Generic folks like this would *probably* need to be statted as 5-4-4; otherwise they strictly outclass some existing choices.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
re: Feds

The download is strong since it acts as a free draw and pulls what would be a weak draw (the equipment) out of your deck. You always have to consider the cost of a draw in factoring relative costs. So what you have is something like:

3 counters (draw personnel, play personnel, play equipment) gives you a body with at least 2 skills (more if you have personnel who can use the equipment), 1 decent attribute, and an equipment to fuel different cards (eg GPT).

The closest comparison is a card like Davies + an equipment. That costs 2 draws + 2 counters, which would be stronger by 2 skills, but costs 1 more and needs both draws.

So I would guess your personnel are under-costed by around half a counter relative to what exists right now. I think the way you solve that is by removing the download (which some people find to be NPE anyways) and make it 3 cost if everything works perfectly and 4 if not. Something like:

[Fed] (1) Engineer/Medical/Science/Security Dude
[Stf] Any Fed race -- if you're doing 4 I would make 1 Human, 1 Vulcan, 1 Tellarite, 1 Andorian
1 Skill
When you play this personnel, you may place X (eg eng padd/kit) from hand at your HQ.
5-6-5 (in some combination)

Basically to get it down to 3 cost, you need to have both cards in hand. Waiting to draw both is the 0.5 cost.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I've flattened out their stats, altered their races (so the Science Officer is a particularly weak and dumb Vulcan haha), and made it explicit that they can only download 1 other card (whether a personnel or an equipment). I've made Specialty Drone unique but didn't restrict the skill choices (most other personnel that can "gain a skill of your choice" don't have restrictions e.g. Vina).
Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]

New Tribbles are coming! Look busy! https://www.t[…]

You will need one more thing for this - compatibil[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]