For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I've been doing the dailies in Star Trek Online lately to get a Bio-Engineered Furiadon Combat pet. Battle Dinos rock, what can I say. (see also: The '80s.)

Anyway: I was thinking about how best to put the Voth in 1E? My hope is a good discussion could be reference by a future design team. Memory Alpha lists 5 named Voth - and of course their City Ship.

My :twocents: is that they should NOT be an affiliation, 1E already has some affiliation bloat IMHO. Besides there's even less there to work with the Vidiians.
So would people rather see a [1E-DQ] [NA] team of sorts or a series of Dilemmas? I can see both approaches if I'm honest - but my personal desire would be to see some personnel and possibly a ship. Maybe even a hologram or two? :shifty:

Maybe they should be inverse Gamma-Feds? Instead of gaining skills in the Gamma Quadrant they should loose skills when not in the Delta Quadrant? That could play neat with some of the Delta hate cards.

I was originally thinking an objective but I'm not sure what that would look like? Do you strive to keep them in the Delta Quadrant? Do you give them a carrot for reaching Earth?

Lastly, to do them justice I feel like their ships would have to be HUGE, but how do you balance that with NA attack-restrictions?

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Most realistically they would be [1E-DQ] [NA] personnel. There just isn't enough of them to justify making an affiliation. There could be some dilemmas from that episode as well I would expect. Even the Malon are better contenders for a new affiliation, though if you're saying 1E doesn't really need more affiliations I am in complete agreement. Not without real good justification anyway. Maybe Andorians if there are enough for another [22] affiliation but that is neither here not there.

However I don't think they should lose skills if non in the Delta Quadrant, I believe further Delta hate should be avoided with passion and in fact Delta hate should be modified so as not to exist IMO, but again that is neither here nor there. Any Voth stuff should not copy that mentality.

I would actually like to see two objectives; one for keeping then [1E-DQ] bound and one for embracing their AQ history.

Not sure the Voth city ship could be balanced though. It would be worth noting it probably would not have a matching commander though.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The only new affiliation I can still see for 1E is Xindi. Yes, they were only in one season, but there is a _lot_ of material. More than can be said for Vidiians and maybe Hirogen.

[Kaz] deserves to be an affiliation. [Vid] does not. [Hir] is borderline.

Andorians don't really feel like an affiliation. They're fine as NA, maybe with a faction icon.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think [Hir] deserves to be an affiliation more than [Kaz] do. Not that it matters what anyone thinks about it at this point since they, along with [Vid] , are long time affiliations already. Xindii might be the last one and it would make some sense for the [22] stuff in case there is ever a format devoted just to that.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
As long as we continue to get plots/storylines (even if only an episode) made into playable Incidents/Objectives that create mini-factions.

I'm still a big supporter of Xindi getting their own affiliation. I think it would be quite ideal. I even created an icon for them in this forum (somewhere back there amongst the pages).

But I still hope we get the Khan [OS] & [CF] teams fleshed out, we get a bit more into the [1E-TNG] Cardies, [1E-DS9] Terok Nor, [1E-DS9] Dominion War, & I'd still love to see [Fut] Relativity and the crew make it to 1E and have its own win condition of solving Objectives (kind of like Borg).

~D
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]