For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I always loved MattgomeryScott's dream card challenges, but unfortunately he does not have the time anymore to run these. I tried to contact him about this in the past, but that was not to fruitful. Therefore, I will just continue his legacy and I am happy to announce the comeback of the Thematic Challenges!

Starting in January, I will create a new challenge for all three games. You will have time to create a card until the end of the month. Then, I will need some time to prepare statistics and stuff and then after a week I will post results and the new challenge. Because this is the first thematic challenge there will be no voting this time. The overall scoreboard will be reset every year and maybe there will be some prize support, too.

RESULTS FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE
tbd

SCOREBOARD
tbd

THEMATIC CHALLENGE V19: NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION
Create a Star Trek CCG (First Edition, Second Edition or Tribbles) card, with a new design element. Such new elements could be a new skills, a brand new affiliation, a new keywords or a new mechanism. Please keep in mind that you cannot have new rules; everything must be self-explaining and needs to fit on the card.

DEADLINE 31st January 2019
Last edited by Pazuzu on Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
:thumbsup: I look forward to this.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Pazuzu wrote:I always loved MattgomeryScott's dream card challenges, but unfortunately he does not have the time anymore to run these. I tried to contact him about this in the past, but that was not to fruitful. Therefore, I will just continue his legacy and I am happy to announce the comeback of the Thematic Challenges!

Starting in January, I will create a new challenge for all three games. You will have time to create a card until the end of the month. Then, I will need some time to prepare statistics and stuff and then after a week I will post results and the new challenge. Because this is the first thematic challenge there will be no voting this time. The overall scoreboard will be reset every year and maybe there will be some prize support, too.

RESULTS FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE
tbd

SCOREBOARD
tbd

THEMATIC CHALLENGE V19: NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION
Create a Star Trek CCG (First Edition, Second Edition or Tribbles) card, with a new design element. Such new elements could be a new skills, a brand new affiliation, a new keywords or a new mechanism. Please keep in mind that you cannot have new rules; everything must be self-explaining and needs to fit on the card.

DEADLINE 31st January 2019
I fully support this. And I'm really sorry Pazuzu I never got back to you. This past year has been a particularly rough one for my health and my family, and some things fell through the cracks including your message. Please accept my apologies.

Also a great challenge to begin the next generation of Thematic. As it happens, I think I may have an old unfinished Dream Card project I've been meaning to do more on that could be right up this alley... :shifty: [Kaz] :shifty:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
You still have two weeks for your submission!

There will be also prices at the end of the year!

1st Place: 1 Year Premium Subscription + one random Continuing Committee Promo
2nd Place: 1 Booster Pack "The Motion Pictures" + one random Continuing Committee Promo
3rd Place: 1 Booster Pack "Reflections" (First Edition) + one random Continuing Committee Promo

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pazuzu wrote:THEMATIC CHALLENGE V19: NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION
Throne Room
Once each turn, when you play a Klingon Emperor, Chancellor, or General to The Great Hall, you may draw a card. Once per game, any player who has a "High Council" Klingon unopposed here, may download Klingon Civil War OR Arbiter of Succession to hand.
Headquarters: The Great Hall
~D

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
[P] Mouth of the Wormhole, Key to the Alpha Quadrant
[AQ] 40
Anthropology, Engineer, Leadership, Officer, Security, and Cunning+Strength > 70.
Bajor Region. Each [AQ] mission with both [Fed] and [Dom] icons (including alternate requirements) gains Dominion War. While attempting a Dominion War mission, your personnel are: Cunning +1 if you have won an engagement and/or Strength +1 if you have won combat this game.
"Your sacrifices... our sacrifices made that victory possible."
[Car] [Dom] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
<4>

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:

[Kaz] 4 *Culluh, Ambitious Bully

[Cmd] Kazon-Nistrim

Acquisition, Diplomacy, 2 Leadership, Officer, 2 Treachery

Commander: Sankur, First Maje
While this personnel is equipped with an equipment card you command but do not own, he cannot be stopped or killed by dilemmas.

"You may have ships and soldiers, but I have the technology."

Integrity: 2, Cunning: 6, Strength: 6

New elements: 2E Kazon Affiliation; First Maje keyword; Using the Species box for a political/societal, rather than biological difference (unless you count Vulcan/Romulan.)

Notes: Back in the days of 1E when the Delta Quadrant was dominant, I had a lot of fun playing the Kazon. I've always wanted to see them appear in 2E, so for quite a few years I've been coming up with a 2E Kazon affiliation. Someday I may post them properly, but in the meantime here's a sneak peak of the main man himself, who just loves to get his hands on other people's tech.

Bonus Card (Not part of entry):

[Kaz] 5 *Sankur, Culluh's Raider

[Stf] [Stf] [Stf]

Reaper Class

When you play this ship, if any player has an equipment card in his or her discard pile, this ship is cost -1.
When you win an engagement involving this ship, you may take an opponent's equipment card involved and place it on this ship. You now command that equipment.

"I've had some help updating our technology since we last met."

Range: 7, Weapons: 7, Shields: 7

Notes: Two of my 2E Kazon's themes are technology (equipment,) and scavenging or stealing it, both on show here. Culluh's Raider was never named on screen, so I picked the founder of the Nistrim as Culluh is egotistical enough that it's just the sort of thing he'd pick. As for Reaper Class, well the bigger ships are called Predators, so I figured I'd borrow the names of other UAVs for the rest.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Vul] Vulcan High Command
[1E-AU] [22]
The de-facto military government of the Vulcan race in the 22nd century. Was changed by the galaxy.
Seeds or plays on 2154 Vulcan. Once per turn, one Vulcan Minister or personnel with "High Command" in lore OR one [Vul] ship may play for free here.(Not duplicatable.)
HEADQUARTERS SHIELDS 40

(My take on the Vulcan HQ. My innovation - making "High Command" a relevant lore keyword found on 15 of the 35 Vulcans.)
Last edited by jrch5618 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[NA]Species 8472 Vanguard {Star Trek Voyager}
Changeling species from the fluid space dimension.
[Cmd] [1E-AU] OFFICER
[SD] At the end of your turn discard all your non-Species 8472
personnel and top four cards of your draw deck.
[SD] Cannot be stopped or killed. [SD] Empathy x2
Integrity 4 | Cunning 8 | Strength 18

Note: I just wanted to try out and show case a new card cost mechanism for First Edition, because I think, this is the game mechanism that is most needed for balance. This mechanism is based on Magic's upkeep cost and Star Wars' maintenance cost (from Reflection III).
Last edited by Pazuzu on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Federation Charter
[Evt]
2161 saw the birth of the Federation, a historic coming together of disparate races.
Plays on table. All your [SF], [Vul], Andorian, and Tellarite cards (and [NA] [1E-AU] humans) become multi-affilation with [Fed], and are compatible with [Fed] regardless of affiliation.

New mechanism: adding a new affiliation to a card, without replacing what's already there.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Inc] Reassignment
Seed or plays on your Outpost. Once each turn, you may download a Lieutenant (or Lt.) here that you do not already have in play. When one such personnel helps solve a mission, you may place that personnel in your point area, worth points equal to their [SD] (limit one per mission, "in play" for uniqueness only). (Captain's order, Unique.)

Establishes a use for all those Lt.s and a little bonus for thier attrition. Uses your once per turn download so it can be stacked with a ❖ play engine but not Holodeck Door or other downloaders.

Lt. In Title
Last edited by winterflames on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0