For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The first thematic dream card challenge after more than three years was a success I would say with ten entries and now it is time to continue and start the next challenge. But before announcing the new theme, I would like to announce the voting process. As Matt did it before, I will list all entries with just a letter for identification. Please make sure that you put your vote clearly visible at the beginning of your post. In order for a valid vote you will need to create a dream card on your own. You may vote on your own entry. Have fun!

ENTRIES FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE
  • A wrote:Throne Room
    Once each turn, when you play a Klingon Emperor, Chancellor, or General to The Great Hall, you may draw a card. Once per game, any player who has a "High Council" Klingon unopposed here, may download Klingon Civil War OR Arbiter of Succession to hand.
    Headquarters: The Great Hall
  • B wrote: [P] Mouth of the Wormhole, Key to the Alpha Quadrant
    [AQ] 40
    Anthropology, Engineer, Leadership, Officer, Security, and Cunning+Strength > 70.
    Bajor Region. Each [AQ] mission with both [Fed] and [Dom] icons (including alternate requirements) gains Dominion War. While attempting a Dominion War mission, your personnel are: Cunning +1 if you have won an engagement and/or Strength +1 if you have won combat this game.
    "Your sacrifices... our sacrifices made that victory possible."
    [Car] [Dom] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
    <4>
  • C wrote: [Kaz] 4 *Culluh, Ambitious Bully
    [Cmd] Kazon-Nistrim
    Acquisition, Diplomacy, 2 Leadership, Officer, 2 Treachery
    Commander: Sankur, First Maje
    While this personnel is equipped with an equipment card you command but do not own, he cannot be stopped or killed by dilemmas.
    "You may have ships and soldiers, but I have the technology."
    Integrity: 2, Cunning: 6, Strength: 6
  • D wrote: [Vul] Vulcan High Command
    [1E-AU] [22]
    The de-facto military government of the Vulcan race in the 22nd century. Was changed by the galaxy.
    Seeds or plays on 2154 Vulcan. Once per turn, one Vulcan Minister or personnel with "High Command" in lore OR one [Vul] ship may play for free here.(Not duplicatable.)
    HEADQUARTERS SHIELDS 40
  • E wrote: [NA]Species 8472 Vanguard {Star Trek Voyager}
    Changeling species from the fluid space dimension.
    [Cmd] [1E-AU] OFFICER
    [SD] At the end of your turn discard all your non-Species 8472
    personnel and top four cards of your draw deck.
    [SD] Cannot be stopped or killed. [SD] Empathy x2
    Integrity 4 | Cunning 8 | Strength 18
  • F wrote: Federation Charter
    [Evt]
    2161 saw the birth of the Federation, a historic coming together of disparate races.
    Plays on table. All your [SF], [Vul], Andorian, and Tellarite cards (and [NA] [1E-AU] humans) become multi-affilation with [Fed], and are compatible with [Fed] regardless of affiliation.
  • G wrote: [Inc] Reassignment
    Seed or plays on your Outpost. Once each turn, you may download a Lieutenant (or Lt.) here that you do not already have in play. When one such personnel helps solve a mission, you may place that personnel in your point area, worth points equal to their [SD] (limit one per mission, "in play" for uniqueness only). (Captain's order, Unique.)
  • H wrote: [Xindi](3) •Dolim, Ruthless Commander
    [Cmd] Reptilian
    Biology, Leadership, Officer, Security, 2 Treachery
    Your Reptilian and Insectoid ships at this mission are Weapons +1. Your Reptilian and Insectoid personnel present are Strength +1.
    "Patience is for the dead."
    Integrity 3 Cunning 5 Strength 7
  • I wrote: [Evt] (1) •Captain Picard Day
    Plays in your core. Each Commander personnel you own gains: Repute. (When you play this personnel, you may stop any number of personnel of the same affiliation at this mission. This personnel is cost -1 for each personnel stopped in this way.)
    "It's, er, it's for the children. I'm, er, ha, ha, I'm a role model."
    "I'm sure you are. Starfleet out."
  • J wrote: Bustling with Activity
    Seeds or plays on table. Once each turn, one ❖ [1E-DS9] personnel reported to a site on Deep Space 9 (or your matching outpost in the Bajor Region) plays for free. Once each turn, when you report a [1E-DS9] personnel with three or fewer [SD] (and no [DL] ) to Deep Space 9 (or to your matching Outpost in the Bajor Region, or aboard your U.S.S. Defiant at a [1E-GQ] mission) you may draw a card.

SCOREBOARD
HoodieDM 0 New!
Naetor.Ret 0 New!
MattgomeryScott 0 New!
jrch5618 0 New!
Pazuzu 0 New!
commdecker 0 New!
winterflames 0 New!
WeyounsLastClone 0 New!
Armus 0 New!
Danny 0 New!

PRIZE POOL
1st Place: 1 Year Premium Subscription + one random Continuing Committee Promo
2nd Place: 1 Booster Pack "The Motion Pictures" + one random Continuing Committee Promo
3rd Place: 1 Booster Pack "Reflections" (First Edition) + one random Continuing Committee Promo

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES
January 2019: New Year's Resolution (Link)

THEMATIC CHALLENGE V19: CAFÉ DES ARMOURS
It is Valentine's Day! Create a Star Trek CCG (First Edition, Second Edition or Tribbles) card, that makes use of romantic partners in any way or is connected to love in general.

DEADLINE 28th February2019
Last edited by Pazuzu on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote: D

Entry:
Image Mudd's Women
Eve, Magda, & Ruth were beamed aboard the Starship Enterprise to distract the men, in Harry Mudd's plan to take over the ship.
To get past, "stop" three male personnel present. Place on mission. All male personnel here are attributes all -2 and lose their first listed skill. Nullify with Venus Drug.
Edit: since everyone else is adding pix!

~D
Last edited by HoodieDM on Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Vote G

[Fed] Will and Deanna [Nemesis]
New Captain of the U.S.S. Titan William T. Riker and Counselor Deanna Troi were married in 2379. Neither had a hand in selecting the wedding music.
[OFFICER] [OFFICER]
[EE] Will: [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Leadership [SD] Music
[EE] Deanna: [SD] Empathy [SD] Diplomacy [DL] Eyes in the Dark

Integrity 8+8 Cunning 8+7 Strength 7+4

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote D

[Fed] Annika Hansen {Star Trek: Voyager}
[Cmd] [SCC] [SCN] [SCD] ENGINEER [1E-AU] [1E-DQ]
Former Borg Seven of Nine joined the crew of the U.S.S. Voyager and
became human again. Started a romantic relationship with Chakotay in 2378.
[SD] SCIENCE [SD] Stellar Cartography x2 [SD] Honor
[SD] Computer Skill x2 [SD] Attributes all +3 if with Chakotay.
Integrity 8 | Cunning 8 | Strength 8

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Vote: B (I love the idea of using a keyword to tie missions from a particular storyline together.)

My Entry:

[Fed] The Doctor and Seven

[Stf] [SCC] [SCN] [SCD] MEDICAL + SCIENCE [Holo] [1E-DQ]

In 2375 while singing “You Are My Sunshine” together, the hologram The Doctor
fell for his Borg companion Seven of Nine. His love was unrequited.

The Doctor: [SD] Anthropology, [SD] Music, [SD] Computer Skill

Seven: [SD] Music, [SD] Nullifies any Romance-related Dilemma where present

Integrity: 7 + 7, Cunning: 8 + 9, Strength: 5 + 9

Notes: I always thought these two made a better couple than the weird Seven and Chakotay pairing we ended up with, so here they are in card form. But alas, like the episode, Seven squashes any romantic feelings flat. (“Romance-Related” would be not only “X Love Interest” dilemmas, but also things like Brief Romance and Parallel Romance. She's a real heartbreaker.)

EDIT: And yes, there's a Doctor Who reference in there. :shifty:

EDIT 2: To fix a typo in the lore.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Vote: B

Dang, this is a tougher sell for 2E - gender-related cards aren't a thing, nor are "romantic partners". I'm going to have to go literal.
[Fed] (2) •William T. Riker, Imzadi
Human
[Cmd] [TNG]
•Anthropology •Leadership •Navigation •Officer
When you play this personnel, you may download Deanna Troi. While this personnel is present with Deanna Troi, he is attributes +2. When your Deanna Troi present is stopped, stop this personnel.
"I knew I could count on my Imzadi, the ship's Counsellor to boost my self-image."
INT 6 CUN 6 STR 6

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
You may vote on your own entry.
Really? Sounds like a great way to get an all-way tie.

Vote F.

Edith Keeler Must Die
[D] Dilemma
Jim Kirk faced one of the hardest decisions of his life when he realized that he needed to sacrifice his love to ensure the world's future.
To get past requires a couple; one dies (your choice) and the other is stopped.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
C

[Baj] (0) •The Guide, Deceiver
[Cmd] Cardassian
[SD] Anthropology [SD] 2 Treachery
Pah-wraith. Prophet. When you play this card, name a unique personnel. If this card has been removed from the game and there are no other copies of this card that have been removed from the game, that personnel cannot be stopped or killed by dilemmas.
"The Prophets are smiling on us. They've not only brought us together, but they've given us a great task, the Restoration of Bajor."
"Our world will be reborn. And you will be its leader."

I:2 C:6 S:6

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote F. (That's a cool idea, and... well... there's literally something in the new Current Rulings now about how it works to give a card a new affiliation icon without taking one away.)

[Inc] Holoprogram: Make-Out Point
Seeds or plays on your ship with a Holodeck. Once per turn, you can make a male and female (except ANIMALs) aboard together into a couple until end of turn. If both members of a couple help solve a mission together, score 5 points (once per mission). Once per game, you may download a [Holo] personnel who names a personnel of opposite gender in lore.

Notes: As the one who keeps tabs on broken links, I thought that making a card to fill one in would be cool. It lets you 'create' a temporary couple, lets that couple do something together for a benefit (but both have to survive the mission attempt unstopped for the bonus points) and lets you download amorous holograms like Dr. Pel once per game (more would be unbalanced).

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Pazuzu wrote:Maybe but I am more lazy than worried :D
This is the tagline for my life.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Pazuzu wrote:
commdecker wrote:
You may vote on your own entry.
Really? Sounds like a great way to get an all-way tie.
Maybe but I am more lazy than worried :D
To be honest, when I was running these, I kind of relied on the honour system. That if I said "you can't vote for your own entry" players here were honourable enough that they wouldn't. I didn't check every one. :shifty:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By LostZoat
 -  
[Int] For I have Pluck'd the Rose

When your personnel is about to be commanded by your opponent, or placed in your opponent's brig, show a Diplomacy or Telepathy personnel from your hand to prevent that.

'Mr Worf, arm phaser banks and torpedoes. If Lwaxanna Troi is not in my arms in ten seconds...'

I vote F
Attachments:
For I Have Pluck'd the Rose.png
For I Have Pluck'd the Rose.png (174.46 KiB) Viewed 2240 times

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
We already have some incredible entries. Thanks everyone! But there is still one week left! That's plenty of time to come up with a new innovative entry for this month's theme of all themes: LOVE :) Stay tuned for next month's theme.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote C

[Baj] [Fer] Rom and Leeta
[Stf] ENGINEER/CIVILIAN
Former waiter and now Grand Nagus, the Ferengi Rom met Bajoran Leeta who worked as Dabo Girl at Quark's Bar. Married by Benjamin Sisko on DS9.
Rom: [SD] ENGINEER [SD] Honor [SD] X=4 or 9
Leeta: [SD] Anthropology [SD] Music [DL] Dabo OR The Union
Integrity: 7+X Cunning: X+6 Strength: 3+4

Secretly creating a broken link :D , but I could see a card for the bar association/the union that the dabo girls/waiters formed and make more use of waiters/dabo girls mentioned in the lore.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]