For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
We are about to gather pace and we are about to start the third thematic challenge. I would like to thank everyone for participating! We had 10 entries! If you have any comments, questions or critiques about the thematic challenges, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks!

ENTRIES FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE: Café des Armours
  • A wrote: [D] Mudd's Women
    Eve, Magda, & Ruth were beamed aboard the Starship Enterprise to distract the men, in Harry Mudd's plan to take over the ship.
    To get past, "stop" three male personnel present. Place on mission. All male personnel here are attributes all -2 and lose their first listed skill. Nullify with Venus Drug.
  • B wrote: [Fed] Will and Deanna {Star Trek: Nemesis}
    New Captain of the U.S.S. Titan William T. Riker and Counselor Deanna Troi were married in 2379. Neither had a hand in selecting the wedding music.
    OFFICER OFFICER
    [EE] Will: [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Leadership [SD] Music
    [EE] Deanna: [SD] Empathy [SD] Diplomacy [DL] Eyes in the Dark
    Integrity 8+8 Cunning 8+7 Strength 7+4
  • C wrote: [Fed] Annika Hansen {Star Trek: Voyager}
    [Cmd] [SCC] [SCN] [SCD] ENGINEER [1E-AU] [1E-DQ]
    Former Borg Seven of Nine joined the crew of the U.S.S. Voyager and became human again. Started a romantic relationship with Chakotay in 2378.
    [SD] SCIENCE [SD] Stellar Cartography x2 [SD] Honor
    [SD] Computer Skill x2 [SD] Attributes all +3 if with Chakotay.
    Integrity 8 | Cunning 8 | Strength 8
  • D wrote: [Fed] The Doctor and Seven
    In 2375 while singing “You Are My Sunshine” together, the hologram The Doctor
    fell for his Borg companion Seven of Nine. His love was unrequited.
    [Stf] [SCC] [SCN] [SCD] MEDICAL + SCIENCE [Holo] [1E-DQ]
    The Doctor: [SD] Anthropology, [SD] Music, [SD] Computer Skill
    Seven: [SD] Music, [SD] Nullifies any Romance-related Dilemma where present
    Integrity: 7 + 7, Cunning: 8 + 9, Strength: 5 + 9
  • E wrote: [Fed] (2) •William T. Riker, Imzadi
    Human
    [Cmd] [TNG]
    •Anthropology •Leadership •Navigation •Officer
    When you play this personnel, you may download Deanna Troi. While this personnel is present with Deanna Troi, he is attributes +2. When your Deanna Troi present is stopped, stop this personnel.
    "I knew I could count on my Imzadi, the ship's Counsellor to boost my self-image."
    INT 6 CUN 6 STR 6
  • F wrote: [D] Edith Keeler Must Die
    Jim Kirk faced one of the hardest decisions of his life when he realized that he needed to sacrifice his love to ensure the world's future.
    To get past requires a couple; one dies (your choice) and the other is stopped.
  • G wrote: [Baj] (0) •The Guide, Deceiver
    [Cmd] Cardassian
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] 2 Treachery
    Pah-wraith. Prophet. When you play this card, name a unique personnel. If this card has been removed from the game and there are no other copies of this card that have been removed from the game, that personnel cannot be stopped or killed by dilemmas.
    "The Prophets are smiling on us. They've not only brought us together, but they've given us a great task, the Restoration of Bajor."
    "Our world will be reborn. And you will be its leader."

I:2 C:6 S:6
  • H wrote: [Inc] Holoprogram: Make-Out Point
    Seeds or plays on your ship with a Holodeck. Once per turn, you can make a male and female (except ANIMALs) aboard together into a couple until end of turn. If both members of a couple help solve a mission together, score 5 points (once per mission). Once per game, you may download a [Holo] personnel who names a personnel of opposite gender in lore.
  • I wrote: [Int] For I have Pluck'd the Rose
    When your personnel is about to be commanded by your opponent, or placed in your opponent's brig, show a Diplomacy or Telepathy personnel from your hand to prevent that.
    'Mr Worf, arm phaser banks and torpedoes. If Lwaxanna Troi is not in my arms in ten seconds...'
  • J wrote: [Baj] [Fer] Rom and Leeta
    [Stf] ENGINEER CIVILIAN
    Former waiter and now Grand Nagus, the Ferengi Rom met Bajoran Leeta who worked as Dabo Girl at Quark's Bar. Married by Benjamin Sisko on DS9.
    Rom: [SD] ENGINEER [SD] Honor [SD] X=4 or 9
    Leeta: [SD] Anthropology [SD] Music [DL] Dabo OR The Union
    Integrity: 7+X Cunning: X+6 Strength: 3+4
  • K wrote: [Int] Change of Heart
    When given the choice between completing the mission or saving his par’machai Worf chose love. Benjamin Sisko would have made the same choice, regardless of the consequences.
    Plays to end a mission attempt that your two romantic parters are attempting together. May prevent either from dying. Neither personnel may meet matching commander status for remainder of game.

SCOREBOARD
commdecker 3 (+3)
MattgomeryScott 3 (+3)
jrch5618 2 (+2)
Naetor.Ret 2 (+2)
winterflames 1 (+1)
Armus 0
Danny 0
HoodieDM 0
Pazuzu 0
WeyounsLastClone 0

PRIZE POOL
1st Place: 1 Year Premium Subscription + one random Continuing Committee Promo
2nd Place: 1 Booster Pack "The Motion Pictures" + one random Continuing Committee Promo
3rd Place: 1 Booster Pack "Reflections" (First Edition) + one random Continuing Committee Promo

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES
January 2019: New Year's Resolution (Link)
February 2019: Café des Armours (Link)

THEMATIC CHALLENGE V19 03: THE NEVERENDING STORY
Inspired by the latest release Qpid this month's thematic challenge is all about stories, book, and literature in general. This could be a character from a book which was seen or mentioned on screen like for example Robin Hood from the episode Qpid or Hamlet because Jean-Luc Picard shows and mentions The Globe Illustrated Shakespeare which contains all works. But you do not limit yourself to Human literature, Klingons and Romulans have also some impressive amount of literature. You can find a list of books that were seen on screen on Memory Alpha.
Create a Star Trek CCG card from a piece of literature that was seen or mentioned on screen in any movie or series.

DEADLINE 31st March 2019

Sneak peak for April's challenge: You know nothing!

By LostZoat
 -  
Vote 'I'

[Evt] (1) The Never-Ending Sacrifice
To play this event, you must command a [Car] personnel who has Officer or Intelligence. Plays in your core. At the start of your turn, place the top card of your deck under this event. If there are seven cards under this event, destroy it and draw seven cards (your events may play for free this turn).

"There's more to life than duty to the state..."
"When it comes to art you're obviously a prisoner of Federaton dogma and human prejudice!"

Last edited by LostZoat on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote: I
[D] Telepathic Pitcher Plant

200,000 year-old, space-dwelling lifeform that feasted on starships' antimatter. Hunted for 39 years by an obsessed Qatai.
End of every turn: Moves to next location and destroys any ship without Empathy x2 OR Anti-Matter Pod. When reaches end of spaceline, turns around and heads back in opposite direction.
~D

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote H.

[D] Picard and Dathon at El-Adrel {Star Trek: The Next Generation}
In 2368 the Tamarian Dathon sacrified his life to establish first contact with the Federation of Planets. Dathon's sacrifice and Picard's experiences were remembered as a new "word" in the Tamarian language. [Countdown:3]
Opponent may download to this location one Tamarian personnel who joins your mission attempt. Cannot get past unless 3 Diplomacy OR 3 Honor present. If any Tamarian dies at this location, opponent scores points and place dilemma on this mission; it cannot be attempted or scouted. [10]
Last edited by Pazuzu on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
E

[Evt] (0) •Shevok'tah gish
Plays on your Boreth or Defiant-class ship. Klingons you own gain Anthropology. When you solve this mission, place a Klingon in your discard pile aboard your ship here.
Klingon opera that foretells the return of Kahless. Favorite of Worf.

By superdave (David Runyon)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Vote K.

[Equ] Kiss Me Deadly
Lore: The crime novels of Earth native Mike Spillane appealed to Odo's interest in justice. He was introduced to the stories by Miles O'Brien.
Text: During a mission attempt, if you have SECURITY, you may meet one additional SECURITY requirement here. If you do, you may discard this to score points. (Not cumulative.) [5]

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Vote: F.

My Entry:
[NA] Michael Williams (Star Trek: TNG)

[Holo] <Fed-Infiltrator> SECURITY

Holographic representation of the Shakespearean character. Soldier under Henry V. Bears a passing resemblance to Jean-Luc Picard, but nobody comments.

[SD] Anthropology [SD] Honour [DL] Earn Your Rank!

Integrity: 7, Cunning: 7, Strength: 7
Notes: For many years I thought this was in fact Picard playing the role in the scene in The Defector... Made the it a little confusing on the rewatch! In fact Patrick Stewart, due to his love of Shakespeare, requested he play one of the holograms as well, and so does double duty here.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Vote: I
[NA] (3) •Freya, Shield maiden
Hologram
•Anthropology •2 Honor •Security
When your unique hologram personnel present is about to be killed by a dilemma or in combat, you may kill this personnel to prevent that.
"My lord, my time has come."
INT 7 CUN 5 STR 7

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It seems that this month's thematic challenge is not very well received. I am truely sorry for that. If you are still undeceided or un-inpsired I would like to remind you that you still have a little more than a week for your submission. Then, a new thematic challenge will start.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Vote J (but why the X for integrity?)

Broken link from [NA] Dukat!

[Inc] Kosst Amojan
Plays on your Kai; gains Treachery x2 and [Nem, 1>. All other [Orb] personnel gain <Nem, 1]. If Kai stays on Bajor for two full turns, place all [Orb] cards in play and all Bajoran Wormholes in play into your point area (move ships at Bajoran Wormhole to an adjacent location, or discard if none) (5 points per card).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Pazuzu wrote:It seems that this month's thematic challenge is not very well received. I am truely sorry for that. If you are still undeceided or un-inpsired I would like to remind you that you still have a little more than a week for your submission. Then, a new thematic challenge will start.
Number of entries vary greatly, so don't worry about it. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pazuzu wrote:It seems that this month's thematic challenge is not very well received. I am truely sorry for that. If you are still undeceided or un-inpsired I would like to remind you that you still have a little more than a week for your submission. Then, a new thematic challenge will start.
I'm always a last minute kind of guy, so hopefully I can get my entry in later today or this weekend.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Vote F

[NA] Clemens and London {TNG}
Literary legend Samuel Clemens shamelessly enlisted young author Jack London to get the truth that was out there.

[V.I.P.] [CIVILIAN]
[1E-AU]
Clemens: [SD] Greed [DL] Samuel Clemens' Pocketwatch
London: [SD] Acquisition [DL] Gold-Pressed Latinum

Integrity 4+5 Cunning 8+7 Strength 4+6

When two famous authors become part of the Trek story, how can they NOT be an entry into a literary based dream card contest? :D

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Vote A

[Fed](4) •Jean-Luc Picard, Dixon Hill
[Cmd] [TNG] Human
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Honor, Law, Officer, Security
When this personnel uses a skill to overcome a dilemma or solve a mission, choose an event. Opponent's cards cannot destroy that event until the start of your next turn.
"Sometimes it almost seemed too real."
Integrity 8 Cunning 6 Strength 6
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]