For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Is this what you mean? (I'm just putting it in different words, to see if I understood correctly.)
Opponent chooses: opponent loses 10 points (discard event) OR plays on table; increases the score required to win the game by 25 points for all players.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
The problem is that this errata does not present an actual choice. One "choice" affects players symmetrically, one only hurts the player who is choosing. I posit that there would be no fundamental difference between this text and one that simply reads:

"Plays on table, each player needs 25 more points to win the game."

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I didn't understand at first what Edge wrote, but now I do. Indeed, he has a point.

Just thinking out loud -- really raising stakes for both players (but not necessarily symmetrical, in practice?) might be if one of the options read,
"all missions with a point box, when solved, are worth +X (or double??) points"...

Or:
"at start of each mission attempt, that player loses X points".

I certainly would make a phonecall to Quinn, for such a card.

(Or, if line busy: 0800-555-UXBRIDGE.)

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Or try each mission is now worth double points, with some text phrasing to make it only after event is played. Other player may lose 10 points to prevent this from occuring or 1900CANCELIT

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Or...
Target opponent chooses: Discard this card and your opponents score 5 points OR score 10 points and this card is played on the table:
To win the game, players must score an additional 25 pts. (Immune to Kevin Uxbridge).
Then its a tough choice!

~D

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Personally I'm in favour of leaving the card as-is and completely banned in everything as an example of What Never, Ever, Ever To Do.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:Personally I'm in favour of leaving the card as-is and completely banned in everything as an example of What Never, Ever, Ever To Do.
I agree with Morty, mostly.

And I agree with Nob that such an example might be important. But the fact that the card was banned for decades, could be that reminder in itself.

Have our cake and eat it? 8)

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]