What's New Dashboard Articles Forums Chat Room Achievements Tournaments Player Map The Promenade Volunteers About Us Site Index
The Continuing Committee
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:13 pm

Thematic Challenge VI 05: All Good Things 
Delta Quadrant

Region: The Neutral Zone
Post Thematic Challenge VI 05: All Good Things
Thanks everyone who participated in last month's challenge and please apologize the delay in this month's challenge. It seems March's challenge was quite controversial because there was no clear winner (yet, because one vote is missing) and almost every single entry received a vote (including my first vote/point). Furthermore, I would like to welcome superdave former member of First Edition design team (please correct me if I am wrong).

ENTRIES FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE: Fire and Ice
  • A wrote:
    A
    [Inc] I Am Tosk
    The Gamma Quadrant alien Tosk is the only member of his species known to visit the Alpha Quadrant. Although initial communication with Miles O'Brien was difficult, the Tosk learned quickly. Countdown [2].
    Play on a personnel which is the only member of its species in a quadrant (for free if Tosk). It is attributes +4 and excluded from random selection. If killed or captured before countdown expires, score points. [15]

• B wrote:
    B
    [Int] "Not Today""
    When your personnel is about to be killed by a dilemma or in combat, if he or she is equipped with a Hand Weapon, stop that personnel instead.
    "There is only one god, and His name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death."

• C wrote:
    C
    [NA] Jon Snow {Game of Thrones}
    King in the North. Not a Stark, but raised as Ned's bastard son. Unbeknownst to most born as Aegon Targaryen. 998th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.
    [Cmd] OFFICER [1E-AU]
    [SD] Leadership x2 [SD] Honor x2 [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Attributes all +2 if with Daenerys.
    Integrity 9 Cunning 7 Strength 9

• D wrote:
    D
    [NA] (0) •Jon Snow, Knows Nothing
    [Stf] [AU] Human
    “You know nothing, Jon Snow!”
    Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 6

• E wrote:
    E
    [P] Investigate Ice and Fire
    Westeros: Conduct long term study of the effects of anthropogenic climate change brought on by native creatures.
    Anthropology + SCIENCE + Biology + (Honor OR Treachery) + (Youth OR Music)
    No Facilities allowed here.
    [Fed] [Kli] [35]

• F wrote:
    F
    [Fed] (0) •Julian Bashir, Doran Martell
    [Stf] [Fut] [DS9] Human
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Biology [SD] Exobiology [SD] Diplomacy [SD] 2 Medical [SD] Science
    Genetically enhanced. At the end of the turn, remove this personnel from the game.
    "Hey! I'm not supposed to be dead!"
    "Sorry Julian, Martin never finished writing his series, so we had to take some liberties with the plot of this holoprogram."

Integrity 5 Cunning 8 Strength 6

• G wrote:
    G
    [S] The Wall
    The galactic barrier was an energy field composed of negative energy surrounding the rim of the Milky Way Galaxy.
    To get past requires: Astrophysics x2 + (Stellar Cartography x2 OR Computer Skill x2). Then place this dilemma (owner's choice) between this mission and an adjacent mission. Creates a gap with a span of 4. Ships stopping on the gap kill one personnel (random selection).

• H wrote:
    H
    [NA] (2) •Tyrion Lannister, Small Talker
    Human
    [SD] Acquisition [SD] Anthropology [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Leadership
    At the start of your turn you may destroy your event. Unless your opponent destroys an event with higher cost, you may download a card.
    "A very small man, can cast a very large shadow."
    Integrity 5 Cunning 7 Strenght 4

SCOREBOARD
commdecker 6 (+1)
LostZoat 4 (+1)
MattgomeryScott 3
jrch5618 3
Naetor 3 (+1)
Danny 2 (+1)
WeyounsLastClone 2 (+1)
Cartagia 1
HoodieDM 1
winterflames 1
superdave 1 (+1) New!
Pazuzu 1 (+1)
Armus 0

PRIZE POOL
1st Place: 1 Year Premium Subscription + one random Continuing Committee Promo
2nd Place: 1 Booster Pack "The Motion Pictures" + one random Continuing Committee Promo
3rd Place: 1 Booster Pack "Reflections" (First Edition) + one random Continuing Committee Promo

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES
January 2019: New Year's Resolution (Link)
February 2019: Café des Armours (Link)
March 2019: The Neverending Story (Link)
April 2019: Fire and Ice (Link)

THEMATIC CHALLENGE V19 05: ALL GOOD THINGS
On May 23rd we will see the 25th anniversary of the airing of one of my favourite episodes of The Next Generation and the end of that Star Trek series: All Good Things... One of the most iconic scenes are included in the episode and I like the story and the setting a lot. Also, there are still a lot of cards to be created for this two-part episode.
Create a Star Trek CCG card (First Edition, Second Edition, or Tribbles) based on the episode (both parts) "All Good Things...".

DEADLINE 31st May 2019

Sneak peak for June's challenge: What does God need with a starship?

Join our Discord channel | Join the Thematic Challenges | My Trade Thread

Last edited by Pazuzu on Mon May 06, 2019 9:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon May 06, 2019 3:26 am
Delta Quadrant

Post Re: Thematic Challenge VI 05: All Good Things
Vote E
I just didn't vote for F because I don't play Second Edition, but the idea and the design is really cool!

[Fed] Vintner Picard {Star Trek: The Next Generation}
In 2395 in an alternate timeline Jean-Luc Picard became a vintner in La Barre, Earth. Has advanced Irumodic Syndrome. Once married to Beverly Picard. Solved the never ending trial.
[1E-AU] CIVILIAN
[SD] May meet any one requirement of Investigate Anti-Time Eruption.
[SD] Your 2395 [1E-AU] cards and Admiral Riker may mix and cooperate here.
[SD] Music [DL] Any 2395 [1E-AU] card OR Admiral Riker.
Integrity 7 Cunning 5 Strength 3

Last edited by Pazuzu on Tue May 07, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 06, 2019 7:43 am
Delta Quadrant

Region: Omarion Nebula
Pazuzu wrote:
[Fed] Vintner Picard {Star Trek: The Next Generation}
In 2395 in an alternate timeline Jean-Luc Picard became a vintner in La Barre, Earth. Has advanced Irumodic Syndrome. Once married to Beverly Picard. Solved the never ending trial.
[1E-AU] CIVILIAN
[SD] May meet any one requirement of Investigate Anti-Time Eruption.
[SD] Your 2395 [1E-AU] cards may mix and cooperate here.
[SD] Music [DL] Any 2395 [1E-AU] card OR Admiral Riker.
Integrity 7 Cunning 5 Strength 3

That's a very nice card, and I can imagine building a fun theme deck around it. One question. Is it intentional that the cooperating text doesn't work with Admiral Riker?

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

Tue May 07, 2019 10:42 am
Delta Quadrant

Vote: E

My Entry:

[Kli] 7 *I.K.S. Fek'lhr, Gatekeeper

[Cmd] [Cmd] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]

[Fut] Negh'Var Class

Cloaking Device.
To play this ship, you must command Qo'noS and no other headquarters missions.
While this ship is at your Region: Neutral Zone mission, you may attempt and complete it using your [Kli] personnel.

“The Klingons have closed their borders to all Federation starships.”

Range: 9, Weapons 11, Shields: 10

Notes: The Klingons in the future timeline don't seem that interested in working with others, so I made it a requirement for playing the ship. And as they attacked the Enterprise in the Neutral Zone (which they now control,) seems only fair they can attempt the missions there. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

Tue May 07, 2019 1:24 pm
Delta Quadrant

MattgomeryScott wrote:
That's a very nice card, and I can imagine building a fun theme deck around it. One question. Is it intentional that the cooperating text doesn't work with Admiral Riker?

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Totally not :) Thanks! Only during design I noticed that Admiral Riker has no 2395 in his lore and thus I need to mention him always. Maybe it would be better to make an Objective about this, but now it stays on a personnel. Thanks for pointing out!

Last edited by Pazuzu on Wed May 08, 2019 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 07, 2019 2:08 pm
Delta Quadrant

Region: Risa
E -- pretty clever

[Evt] (0) Unknowable Possibilities of Existence
Q. Plays in your core.
Order- Exchange a [TNG] personnel or ship you command with a card from hand, with the same title.
"For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you had never considered."

Tue May 07, 2019 3:06 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Delta Quadrant

Region: Romulus
Vote G.

I was 1E Creative Manager (lore/image/titles) for a while.

[Obj] Epiphany
Image: Image
Text: [HA] Seeds on table. When your ship is about to be damaged, destroyed, or discarded, suspend play: place this card at that location, discard all of your personnel, ships, equipment, and artifacts in play. Select one ship, up to 8 personnel, and up to 2 [Equ] or [Art] with "use as equipment" in text cards from your discard pile and report them here; place your discard pile out-of-play. Draw no cards this turn.

dclr42 Last night I dreamt about the Battle of Culloden. I don't know anything about the Battle of Culloden. Those poor Scots, though.

Wed May 08, 2019 8:29 am
Beta Quadrant

Vote: D

Quote:
[Evt] 0 •Two Down...
Q. Temporal. Plays in your core. When you play a card, you may download all other copies of that card and place them in your discard pile.
"...one to go."

Last edited by rferries on Fri May 17, 2019 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 15, 2019 4:46 am
Gamma Quadrant

Vote E.

It's Bigger In the Past
[1E-AU] [S/P] Dilemma
Jean-Luc Picard had to expand his horizons to understand that he caused humanity to never evolve, despite the normal rules of causality.
To get past requires 2 Anthropology and a personnel with CUNNING>8; then opponent may download and seed up to two [1E-AU] dilemmas OR up to two dilemmas that require CUNNING.

Hundreds of tribbles. Thousands of tribbles. Millions and billions and trillions of tribbles.
We live for the Glossary, we die for the Glossary.

Wed May 15, 2019 2:45 pm
Gamma Quadrant

Region: Romulus
Vote B.

Prehistoric France
[P] 3.5 Billion BCE Earth: Origin site of life on earth. Would become Jean-Luc Picard's old stomping grounds.
Seeds on table if Devron System is in play; download Anti-Time Anomaly. Anti-Time Anomaly is not duplicatable, and is relocated here instead of discarded after it has had its effect (or if nullified). No player may attempt Investigate Anti-Time Eruption unless they seeded a copy. Dead End is nullified at Devron System. Investigate Anti-Time Eruption is worth +25 points when solved (or -25 if Anti-Time Anomaly here).

Fri May 17, 2019 4:01 pm
Delta Quadrant

Vote E

[Int] ignite the midnight petroleum
Plays to unstop a personnel just stopped by a dilemma (random selection). That personnel rejoins the crew/away team and mission attempt.

Have a nice day!
//Smiley - First Edition Designer

Former First Edition Brand Manager, Creative Development Team member, Rules Committee member, and Decipher Ambassador.

Sblm Thank you The Prodigy for spending all my hours with me this year on @Spotify. You are my #1. #spotifywrapped

Sun May 26, 2019 6:36 pm
Delta Quadrant

Location: Former Chicagoland, then Charlottean, and back to Qo'noSian
Region: Qo'noS
Vote: E

Quote:
One More Mission
[WC]
Plays on your Devron System; you may download Treaty: Federation/Klingon. This mission may not be stolen unless opponent attempted to seed this mission. You may only report ships or personnel that are [Fed] or [Kli]. Once each turn, one [1E-TNG] personnel may report for free. Once every turn, when you play a [1E-AU] card; you may discard one card from hand, place bottom card of discard pile beneath draw deck or out-of-play, then draw up to two cards.

Tue May 28, 2019 10:45 am
Delta Quadrant

Region: New Bajor
[Fed](1) •Jessel, Trying Housekeeper
[E] [Fut]
Anthropology, Biology
When you begin a mission attempt at a mission requiring Diplomacy or Leadership, you may remove a dilemma beneath that mission from the game to make your [TNG] personnel present attributes +1 until the end of the turn.
"How do you like your tea?"
Integrity 5 Cunning 5 Strength 4

Edit: seems I forgot to vote, sorry! Vote D

Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 28, 2019 5:12 pm
Alpha Quadrant

Region: Kazon Collective
[Evt] 2 The Chicken Or The Egg

Decay 3
Plays in your core. You must command 3 or more [Fed] personnel to play this card. You my place a card from hand onto this card to draw a [E] or [TNG] card from your deck or take a [E] or [TNG] card from your discard pile. You may play that card at -1 cost.

"It's like the chicken and the egg, Will, the chicken and the egg! We-we think it started in the past, but it didn't. It started right here, in the future! That's why it's getting larger in the past."

Just what popped into my head when I saw this months dream card criteria.

Wed May 29, 2019 9:05 am
Delta Quadrant

Thank you all for your wonderful entries! Just as a reminder: today is the last day for this months challenge!

Fri May 31, 2019 4:34 am