For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Incident

Lore

The personnel of a ship sets off on there new adventure together.

Gametext
Seeds on table
You may report 1 personnel for free only to a outpost each turn. You may not play any engine cards. (Unique)
Last edited by Discovery suxs on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Everybody likes the game to go faster. So cards get made that do that. They get called engine cards. The one you've just suggested could be called that too.

(https://xkcd.com/927)

Engines are meant to be helpful, in being what you want to build your deck around. If you want to grab a handful of [Fed] cards and have them be your deck, that's fine, but it's probably not going to do much. The game started as play-1-draw-1, and that strategy doesn't move beyond that. Now imagine that you select Finest Crew of the Fleet, or Here by Invitation, or Home Away From Home, and now you've got a ready-made way to have a bunch of cards that do things together, and ease of play and/or rewards for doing things.

And as for why some engines have restrictions (which I think you've mentioned in other posts) -- that's because some players have been thinking more deviously than you (or me), and tried fusing this powerful engine with that powerful other card -- so Design made the restrictions so the engine on its own would make a decktype that's powerful and/or fun, without making a situation of a combo that's too powerful.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
commdecker wrote:Everybody likes the game to go faster. So cards get made that do that. They get called engine cards. The one you've just suggested could be called that too.

(https://xkcd.com/927)

Engines are meant to be helpful, in being what you want to build your deck around. If you want to grab a handful of [Fed] cards and have them be your deck, that's fine, but it's probably not going to do much. The game started as play-1-draw-1, and that strategy doesn't move beyond that. Now imagine that you select Finest Crew of the Fleet, or Here by Invitation, or Home Away From Home, and now you've got a ready-made way to have a bunch of cards that do things together, and ease of play and/or rewards for doing things.

And as for why some engines have restrictions (which I think you've mentioned in other posts) -- that's because some players have been thinking more deviously than you (or me), and tried fusing this powerful engine with that powerful other card -- so Design made the restrictions so the engine on its own would make a decktype that's powerful and/or fun, without making a situation of a combo that's too powerful.
I understand all that for sure.

I'm just saying my card idea would be for people who have a bunch of cards laying around that are pretty much worthless in the game today. Since they probably don't have lore or other engine required stuff to make them playable in decks.

You can combo engine cards it is just not practical honestly. If you stack like 8 or 9 of the second engine card in your deck. I have combined finest in the fleet and leader of the empire this way. Yes it makes 7 or 8 useless in your deck. It is far better than using attention at all hands with 1 engine card.

I make decks and when there finished that is it. I don't tweek my decks later. I know that is one big difference between me and other ccg players. I really don't collect or like having cards. I like having alot of unique decks. Which is why I never messed with hirogen and villdian decks. There is really only a few ways to make those decks.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I really don't collect or like having cards. I like having alot of unique decks.
So cool, how people can interpret and use these cards in so many ways. Well, a lot of members use them in generally the same way, I guess (which is: effectively), so I enjoy seeing people like me who have different ideas and run with it.

But it's a CCG -- everything goes! (Even competitive effectiveness.) 8)

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

An unlimited deck size might be one, from the orig[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]