What's New Dashboard Articles Forums Chat Room Achievements Tournaments Player Map The Promenade Volunteers About Us Site Index
The Continuing Committee
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:46 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Ardra incident 
Author Message
Delta Quadrant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Posts: 1217
Post Ardra incident
Now we have ardra. We can have her incident too.

Seeds on table

If a ship with Holodeck in play. Ardra may change herself using the ardra objective once per turn. Ardra is now the selected personnel fully until the end of turn. (remove the selected personnel from the game at end of turn).


Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:53 am
Profile
Beta Quadrant

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:56 pm
Posts: 726
Post Re: Ardra incident
Note that a personnel using the original Incident and becoming the other personnel 'fully' is actually useless because then you come across the house arrest rule unless they were the same affiliation or all non-aligned. I'd combine the intent of the objective and the incident card.

[Inc] Known By Many Names
Seeds or plays on table. Your personnel with Eye Implant may choose any the regular skill of any ship you control at that location. At the start of each of your turns you may take one personnel card and 'overlay' it on top of the personnel with Eye Implant. That personnel is now considered the named personnel for the remainder of the turn unless another personnel with the same name is also at that location. The chosen personnel card is shuffled back into your deck at the end of the turn.

This combines the original objective and Incident together and I believe this bypasses the original problem that Ardra doesn't have a ship to command at the moment. This card requires the Eye Implant, which was needed for Ardra to change her forms anyway. It extends to anyone with the implant, as Picard took advantage of those tricks to ultimately win the case. The extra bits at the end is because in a way this would make the 'overlay' personnel an infiltrator of sort so I figured it should follow that kind of rule though in a way I see this as being used only for skill access you might not normally have. And again Picard became Feklh'r and The Devil when he accessed Ardra's tech so there was no reason to remove from the game.


Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:31 am
Profile
Delta Quadrant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Posts: 1217
Post Re: Ardra incident
I like it she can still use any personnel too. Only thing I would add is Fek'lhr may be download once per game to work with the eye impant. If 1E is about flavor then Fek'lhr is very flavorful for ardra. Since it is her on the card.

You see my point about Fek'lhr?


Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:59 am
Profile
Beta Quadrant

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:56 pm
Posts: 726
Post Re: Ardra incident
Well although not named specifically one can still download Fekl'hr if one is so inclined to. Aside from the great Strength it is kind of useless though. Ardra already has one of its two skills naturally. I do see your point about Fekl'hr from a trek sense angle I just don't know how useful it would be from the stance of game play.

I considered having this card download a [Univ] or [Holo] personnel as that overlay and that card is considered [NA] instead of any personnel, I don't know which would make more sense. It'd be it more limiting although there are unique holograms.


Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:09 am
Profile
Delta Quadrant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Posts: 1217
Post Re: Ardra incident
Slayer07 wrote:
Well although not named specifically one can still download Fekl'hr if one is so inclined to. Aside from the great Strength it is kind of useless though. Ardra already has one of its two skills naturally. I do see your point about Fekl'hr from a trek sense angle I just don't know how useful it would be from the stance of game play.

I considered having this card download a [Univ] or [Holo] personnel as that overlay and that card is considered [NA] instead of any personnel, I don't know which would make more sense. It'd be it more limiting although there are unique holograms.



My only point with Fek'lhr it was from that episode. It was the only reason honestly. If you could download a [Univ] it would have to be limited somehow to me. If you could download a [Holo] I think that works better overall. I do think the download is special reporting since you are not reporting the personnel at all. You are basically doing the old magic the gathering ability imprint in the game. I mean just think if ardra became revised doctor. She would definitely be played in tournaments.


Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:23 am
Profile
Beta Quadrant

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:56 pm
Posts: 726
Post Re: Ardra incident
Discovery suxs wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:
Well although not named specifically one can still download Fekl'hr if one is so inclined to. Aside from the great Strength it is kind of useless though. Ardra already has one of its two skills naturally. I do see your point about Fekl'hr from a trek sense angle I just don't know how useful it would be from the stance of game play.

I considered having this card download a [Univ] or [Holo] personnel as that overlay and that card is considered [NA] instead of any personnel, I don't know which would make more sense. It'd be it more limiting although there are unique holograms.



My only point with Fek'lhr it was from that episode. It was the only reason honestly. If you could download a [Univ] it would have to be limited somehow to me. If you could download a [Holo] I think that works better overall. I do think the download is special reporting since you are not reporting the personnel at all. You are basically doing the old magic the gathering ability imprint in the game. I mean just think if ardra became revised doctor. She would definitely be played in tournaments.


The Devil is also from that episode but there seems to be no rush to get that one mentioned lol. You're right though it was from that episode which is why from a trek sense I agree it should be somewhere, maybe not here but another 'Devil's Due' related card. I don't know if it would need be limited. What I mean is theoretically it would be:

At the start of each of your turns you may take one [Univ] or [Holo] personnel card and 'overlay' it on top of the personnel with Eye Implant. That personnel is now considered the named personnel for the remainder of the turn unless another personnel with the same name is also at that location. The chosen personnel card is shuffled back into your deck at the end of the turn.

That would actually make this card weaker since most [Univ] personnel just aren't worth it and only a handful of [Holo] would be worth it. And since it still gets shuffled into the deck at the end of the turn it wouldn't even be something that stays around forever. So Ardra would become Revised Doctor for one turn and then it would be lost until the card was drawn again. An since downloads are once per game it couldn't do the same trick twice.


Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:42 am
Profile
Delta Quadrant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Posts: 1217
Post Re: Ardra incident
Slayer07 wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:
Well although not named specifically one can still download Fekl'hr if one is so inclined to. Aside from the great Strength it is kind of useless though. Ardra already has one of its two skills naturally. I do see your point about Fekl'hr from a trek sense angle I just don't know how useful it would be from the stance of game play.

I considered having this card download a [Univ] or [Holo] personnel as that overlay and that card is considered [NA] instead of any personnel, I don't know which would make more sense. It'd be it more limiting although there are unique holograms.



My only point with Fek'lhr it was from that episode. It was the only reason honestly. If you could download a [Univ] it would have to be limited somehow to me. If you could download a [Holo] I think that works better overall. I do think the download is special reporting since you are not reporting the personnel at all. You are basically doing the old magic the gathering ability imprint in the game. I mean just think if ardra became revised doctor. She would definitely be played in tournaments.


The Devil is also from that episode but there seems to be no rush to get that one mentioned lol. You're right though it was from that episode which is why from a trek sense I agree it should be somewhere, maybe not here but another 'Devil's Due' related card. I don't know if it would need be limited. What I mean is theoretically it would be:

At the start of each of your turns you may take one [Univ] or [Holo] personnel card and 'overlay' it on top of the personnel with Eye Implant. That personnel is now considered the named personnel for the remainder of the turn unless another personnel with the same name is also at that location. The chosen personnel card is shuffled back into your deck at the end of the turn.

That would actually make this card weaker since most [Univ] personnel just aren't worth it and only a handful of [Holo] would be worth it. And since it still gets shuffled into the deck at the end of the turn it wouldn't even be something that stays around forever. So Ardra would become Revised Doctor for one turn and then it would be lost until the card was drawn again. An since downloads are once per game it couldn't do the same trick twice.


I like that way.

I was thinking since people like the interactive cards. I personally don't care for them. It would makes sense. Ardra blinks picard snaps his fingers. So there could be something like Klingon death yell there. Just a idea though.

I do appreciate you spending time in dream cards. I'm personally trying to bring more activity here. Who knows it may help out design team. Ardra might make the 2024 tng block since movies ends in 2023.

You are right about the devil picture. I just never play with that card. It is very situational card. If I want to be that kind of player. I will pack revolving doors, devil, Distiontion field, etc in my deck. I will probably win but it wouldn't be very fun to me anyway.


Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:42 am
Profile
Beta Quadrant

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:56 pm
Posts: 726
Post Re: Ardra incident
You're right The Devil is a very situational card. But then again, so is Felk'hr. I mean it needs a holodeck, it can't mortally wound (with 15 Strength before boosts) without yet another card, has 1 Cunning and two skills that are either incredibly common or not useful, depending on the kind of Klingon deck you want to run.

I'd spend more time here in dream cards but so many of them are 2E dream cards and I don't care about 2E.


Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Terms of Use

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.