For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Q

Afflication Q

Lore

Q can be anything so count Q as so for everything.

Classification Q

Skills

[DL] ❖ borg cube as self controlling card
[DL] where's Guinan as a event
[DL] mortal Q to replace this Q
[DL] quatuam slipstream drive
[DL] armus: skin of evil may seed anywhere
[DL] imortal again

Int and str Q
Cunning 21

Q afflication can mix with anyone but they are Q too.
Last edited by Discovery suxs on Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This is way too powerful! :D
But a funny thought.

I'd rather see some more :-| personnel. This might be a good opportunity. And... checking... Immortal again would not work to get rid of (your own!?) Mortal Q, because a [DL] requires immediate play (at same location if possible) -- and if you've replaced your DC Q with Mortal Q, you cannot do the [DL] , obviously. But you can use Immortal again for its other function, while later replacing the DC with Mortal persona.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Discovery suxs wrote:
Skills

[DL] ❖ borg cube as self controlling card
This strikes me as overcomplicated. Why not just [DL] Borg Ship?

That might be a bit powerful though.

How about:
[DL] Borg Ship (starts here, may damage but not destroy ships it battles)
That way you can't just roll over to your opponent and drop a death bomb on him. That really isn't Q's way.
Last edited by Armus on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I knew it would be too powerful actually. It could be spilit into 2 versions. A tng version and voyager version. The borg ship dilemma is really powerful and way more powerful than just a borg cube.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:I knew it would be too powerful actually. It could be spilit into 2 versions. A tng version and voyager version. The borg ship dilemma is really powerful and way more powerful than just a borg cube.
Uh, you might have to tell me what I'm missing here. A Borg Ship is not more powerful than a Borg Cube. It has the same range, weapons, and shields regardless of rather it is ship or dilemma. As far as I can tell you just want to treat the ship as if it were the dilemma so why not cut out the proverbial middleman?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:I knew it would be too powerful actually. It could be spilit into 2 versions. A tng version and voyager version. The borg ship dilemma is really powerful and way more powerful than just a borg cube.
Uh, you might have to tell me what I'm missing here. A Borg Ship is not more powerful than a Borg Cube. It has the same range, weapons, and shields regardless of rather it is ship or dilemma. As far as I can tell you just want to treat the ship as if it were the dilemma so why not cut out the proverbial middleman?
In the glossary it says borg ship dilemma attacks all ships with 24 weapons. So I definitely think that is better than a regular borg cube ship. Since borg ship dilemma blows up everything with less than 24 shields.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:
In the glossary it says borg ship dilemma attacks all ships with 24 weapons. So I definitely think that is better than a regular borg cube ship. Since borg ship dilemma blows up everything with less than 24 shields.
A regular Borg Cube will blow up a ship that way too I'm pretty sure. And you only need 13 or more shields to survive, it would just damage the ship instead.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I played borg once. So I played my ship like regular ship not like borg ship dilemma. Of course I didn't attack that game. My borg were passive and wanted to increase there numbers not destroy drones. If that makes any sense.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
His IQ in the show is 2005.

So why not CUNNING 25 instead? Not overly ridiculous, but still echos the show ;)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:I played borg once. So I played my ship like regular ship not like borg ship dilemma. Of course I didn't attack that game. My borg were passive and wanted to increase there numbers not destroy drones. If that makes any sense.
Yes, makes sense, you were roleplaying (or chose strategical planning over tactically advancing). :thumbsup: We do that a lot in our games of STCCG -- doesn't everybody, at least in casual games?

And while I also wondered about your statement, I now get your point, and you're right; the dilemma card actually has a Multiplexor Drone built-in ("attacks everything"). On a ship card, you'd have to play that personnel to have the same offensive capabilities. :thumbsup:
Slayer07 wrote:Uh, you might have to tell me what I'm missing here. (...) A regular Borg Cube will blow up a ship that way too I'm pretty sure. And you only need 13 or more shields to survive, it would just damage the ship instead.
So, well, the Borg ship card in this case is missing its Multiplexor operator -- and will only destroy/damage 1 such ship. That may be considered "less powerful". :borg:
Last edited by SudenKapala on Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:I played borg once. So I played my ship like regular ship not like borg ship dilemma. Of course I didn't attack that game. My borg were passive and wanted to increase there numbers not destroy drones. If that makes any sense.
Yes, makes sense, you were roleplaying (or chose strategical planning over tactically advancing). :thumbsup: We do that a lot in our games of STCCG -- doesn't everybody, at least in casual games?

And while I also wondered about your statement, I now get your point, and you're right; the dilemma card actually has a Multiplexor Drone built-in ("attacks everything"). On a ship card, you'd have to play that personnel to have the same offensive capabilities. :thumbsup:
Slayer07 wrote:Uh, you might have to tell me what I'm missing here. (...) A regular Borg Cube will blow up a ship that way too I'm pretty sure. And you only need 13 or more shields to survive, it would just damage the ship instead.
So, well, the Borg ship card in this case is missing its Multiplexor operator -- and will only destroy/damage 1 such ship. That may be considered "less powerful". :borg:
So I was right. I played with borg ship dilemma once. If I could not time travel it would of blown up everything I had period. I did lose alot still in that game.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
That Borg Cube that acts like a dilemma is still worth 45 points, that wasn't changed. So would it then still be worth 45 points?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:That Borg Cube that acts like a dilemma is still worth 45 points, that wasn't changed. So would it then still be worth 45 points?
I don't understand the question (and for whom it is meant).

You point at the Ship still being worth 45 pts, while the Dilemma has been nerfed to be worth less... got that. :)

So... Are you asking whether the Q personnel DC should download a ship card that is worth 45 pts and shoots at a single target per battle or a Multiplexing card that is worth far less points? Valid question. :thumbsup:

Or are you expressing doubt on whether that difference between Ship and Dilemma exists?
(Unless there has been a rules change, difference does exist. A Borg ship, of course, acts like any other ship when in battle. And targets one ship -- unless the Multiplexor drone has his [SCD] buddies target additional ones.)

Oh -- or are you genuinely wondering why ship was still worth so many points, while its "better" dilemma counterpart was nerfed, points-wise?
I think that's because a self-controlled ship -- with silver bullets pitted against it -- is far less of a threat than a player-controlled ship; and moreover, because you could (well, can, but won't now) self-seed the dilemma and score near half your points if you're of a mind. That had to be mitigated.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:That Borg Cube that acts like a dilemma is still worth 45 points, that wasn't changed. So would it then still be worth 45 points?
I don't understand the question (and for whom it is meant).

You point at the Ship still being worth 45 pts, while the Dilemma has been nerfed to be worth less... got that. :)

So... Are you asking whether the Q personnel DC should download a ship card that is worth 45 pts and shoots at a single target per battle or a Multiplexing card that is worth far less points? Valid question. :thumbsup:

Or are you expressing doubt on whether that difference between Ship and Dilemma exists?
(Unless there has been a rules change, difference does exist. A Borg ship, of course, acts like any other ship when in battle. And targets one ship -- unless the Multiplexor drone has his [SCD] buddies target additional ones.)

Oh -- or are you genuinely wondering why ship was still worth so many points, while its "better" dilemma counterpart was nerfed, points-wise?
I think that's because a self-controlled ship -- with silver bullets pitted against it -- is far less of a threat than a player-controlled ship; and moreover, because you could (well, can, but won't now) self-seed the dilemma and score near half your points if you're of a mind. That had to be mitigated.
This isn't directed at anyone, anyone can answer questions. My point is why would this download bring in a ship that is worth more points and yet has its power nerfed compared to the ship that is worth less points and yet it deemed more powerful because of a built in multiplexor ability? In my mind this does not balance out.

To be honest I kind of feel like Q shouldn't download a borg ship of any kind. I know it works against the spirit of the episode of Q-Who but sometimes spirit has to be forgotten for terms of gameplay. Q was around for plenty of things after all.

Also what's the point of letting Q seed Armus: Skin of Evil anywhere? Q has nothing to do with Armus nor did he directly kill anyone in his entire time in the show.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:To be honest I kind of feel like Q shouldn't download a borg ship of any kind. I know it works against the spirit of the episode of Q-Who but sometimes spirit has to be forgotten for terms of gameplay. Q was around for plenty of things after all.
Agree on some. But I like the idea of him introducing the Borg en Feds to each other. Why not [DL] Rogue Borg Mercenaries (to any location, may be nullified only by cards that nullify Q-related cards)?
Or some such... something more innocent (I only envision a one-time stopping scenario with those RBMs)... just for flavour. (It's just that they're rogue. Those that Q brought the E'prise to were not rogue. Hmpf.)
[SD] May download up to 2 ❖ [Bor] drones from outside of game to opponent's ship where present; they may initiate battle.
Or:
[DL] Borg Cutting Beam ( [Down] ). Nah, bad idea.
Also what's the point of letting Q seed Armus: Skin of Evil anywhere? Q has nothing to do with Armus nor did he directly kill anyone in his entire time in the show.
Good catch! Missed that. Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, that's got to go, Disco. But we should think of a good Borg angle.
Last edited by SudenKapala on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]