What's New Dashboard Articles Forums Chat Room Achievements Tournaments Player Map The Promenade Volunteers About Us Site Index
The Continuing Committee
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:54 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Kevin Upbrixage Personnel 
Author Message
Delta Quadrant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Posts: 1046
Post Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
Kevin Upbrixage

NA

Lore

Kevin destroyed a whole race after they killed his wife. He lives in sorrow now.

Skills

Leadership science astrophysics
[DL] supernova once per game to any planet.


Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:33 am
Profile
Beta Quadrant

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:56 pm
Posts: 667
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
First off, Kevin Uxbridge is the name of an Interrupt in Premiere. This title has to change. Second he needs a classification. Third, lore needs to mention his species. Fourth, there is no evidence to support Leadership or Astrophysics. Fifth, there is no justification for Supernova whatsoever. This needs a lot of work.

[NA] Kevin
CIVILIAN
Douwd who put aside his powers. A botanist until retiring at Delta Rana IV. Eliminated all Husnock everywhere after his wife Rishon's death at their hands. A man of extraordinary power and conscious who is best left alone.
[SD] SCIENCE [SD] Biology x2 [SD] Geology
[SD] Once per turn may download any card with 'Uxbridge' in the title OR Rishon
Integrity 9 Cunning 9 Strength 2

Currently any Uxbridge card is Kevin Uxbridge, Kevin Uxbridge: Convergence and Rishon Uxbridge. The last one might even be unnecessary since Rishon will download Rishon Uxbridge twice per game.


Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:50 am
Profile
Delta Quadrant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Posts: 1046
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
Slayer07 wrote:
First off, Kevin Uxbridge is the name of an Interrupt in Premiere. This title has to change. Second he needs a classification. Third, lore needs to mention his species. Fourth, there is no evidence to support Leadership or Astrophysics. Fifth, there is no justification for Supernova whatsoever. This needs a lot of work.

[NA] Kevin
CIVILIAN
Douwd who put aside his powers. A botanist until retiring at Delta Rana IV. Eliminated all Husnock everywhere after his wife Rishon's death at their hands. A man of extraordinary power and conscious who is best left alone.
[SD] SCIENCE [SD] Biology x2 [SD] Geology
[SD] Once per turn may download any card with 'Uxbridge' in the title OR Rishon
Integrity 9 Cunning 9 Strength 2

Currently any Uxbridge card is Kevin Uxbridge, Kevin Uxbridge: Convergence and Rishon Uxbridge. The last one might even be unnecessary since Rishon will download Rishon Uxbridge twice per game.


Supernova was there because he destroyed a race. He has to have that power by my standards. I like your ideas.

I'm clearly alone at doing dream cards. So I'm trying to post my ideas as they come to me.


Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:17 am
Profile
Beta Quadrant

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:56 pm
Posts: 667
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
I understand but I don't think it matches. Someone can use Supernova and not have any ships or outposts at that location. Furthermore it does not eliminate an entire species. Also as worded it doesn't change the fact it's unusable without the Tox Uthat.

I don't have a committee helping me either but something's like classification and species are basic for any personnel.


Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:34 am
Profile
Delta Quadrant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Posts: 1046
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
Slayer07 wrote:
I understand but I don't think it matches. Someone can use Supernova and not have any ships or outposts at that location. Furthermore it does not eliminate an entire species. Also as worded it doesn't change the fact it's unusable without the Tox Uthat.

I don't have a committee helping me either but something's like classification and species are basic for any personnel.


True

I agree he is a wip right now.
I gave him astrophysics because if he destroyed a race. I would assume he would have to know something about space. I was only thinking leadership because he acted like a leader in that episode to picard. We just need to figure out how to reflect his ability in the game. I liked your idea for his downloads. Kevin upbrixage convergence actually would be useable that way. It is not worth a card slot otherwise in a deck. Since you don't know what will happen in the game.


Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:18 am
Profile
Delta Quadrant
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 1:49 pm
Posts: 1097
Location: back from Borg Region.
Region: New Bajor
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
Personally I think it's fine that you brainstorm your ideas, Disco -- that's what this subforum is mostly about, I reckon. But also, I think Slayer's ideas can be really helpful in making your dream cards better. Look at all of the aspects that make up a card, and run with them all. The more merit your designs have -- and/or, the more detailed they are -- the more you'll get reactions to them. (As seen in the past.)

I though about a Kevin-card way in the past, I remember now. Not designed it, but through Disco's inspiration Slayer has put down a great rendition! :thumbsup:
I have many favourite episodes for just as many reasons, and The Survivors was certainly one. The sheer power, honour, and tragedy of Kevin's person spoke to me. Great to see a card.

Discovery suxs wrote:
We just need to figure out how to reflect his ability in the game.

I think Slayer's card on itself doesn't yet reflect his abilities -- but his download(s!), by proxy, do -- perfectly. Which is actually conceptually nice -- he is too big fit into one card (like the Q entities -- they have a whole side deck).
Maybe the once-per-turn is too strong, though. I'd limit the DLs to once per game each.

One question (and aside from my once-per-game-limit); what are the implications of turning this text...
Slayer's upgrade wrote:
Once per turn may download any card with 'Uxbridge' in the title OR Rishon

... into this...
Quote:
Once per turn may download any Uxbridge-related card
...?

Since Rishon has Uxbridge in her lore, that should work, right? And it seems more elegant. Is there a reason why you worded it like you did?

_________________
LLAP & Qapla' -- RIF!
:borg:
Subcommand: [SCN] Assembly Drone, Twenty-Nine Hundred Twenty-Eight Of Four-Thousand Thirty-Eight.
Flogger .Of. Dead Horses.
Couldn't resist talking to the legendary Commandeur.
(Something about me & my game preferences.)


Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:40 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Beta Quadrant

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:56 pm
Posts: 667
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
SudenKapala wrote:
Personally I think it's fine that you brainstorm your ideas, Disco -- that's what this subforum is mostly about, I reckon. But also, I think Slayer's ideas can be really helpful in making your dream cards better. Look at all of the aspects that make up a card, and run with them all. The more merit your designs have -- and/or, the more detailed they are -- the more you'll get reactions to them. (As seen in the past.)

I though about a Kevin-card way in the past, I remember now. Not designed it, but through Disco's inspiration Slayer has put down a great rendition! :thumbsup:
I have many favourite episodes for just as many reasons, and The Survivors was certainly one. The sheer power, honour, and tragedy of Kevin's person spoke to me. Great to see a card.

Discovery suxs wrote:
We just need to figure out how to reflect his ability in the game.

I think Slayer's card on itself doesn't yet reflect his abilities -- but his download(s!), by proxy, do -- perfectly. Which is actually conceptually nice -- he is too big fit into one card (like the Q entities -- they have a whole side deck).
Maybe the once-per-turn is too strong, though. I'd limit the DLs to once per game each.

One question (and aside from my once-per-game-limit); what are the implications of turning this text...
Slayer's upgrade wrote:
Once per turn may download any card with 'Uxbridge' in the title OR Rishon

... into this...
Quote:
Once per turn may download any Uxbridge-related card
...?

Since Rishon has Uxbridge in her lore, that should work, right? And it seems more elegant. Is there a reason why you worded it like you did?


Honestly it didn't occur to me that Kevin could download Rishon by virtue of her lore. To discoveries point I agree what he did to the husnock is not conveyed properly and to even make an attempt at that will require another card that would probably take on a title with Kevin Uxbridge in it like convergence did hence the wording of the download. I didn't necessarily want to to limit to once per game though because he did his illusions multiple times in one episode and since Kevin Uxbridge has a a point box and is out of play it's not recyclable.


Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:51 am
Profile
Beta Quadrant

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:56 pm
Posts: 667
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
Discovery suxs wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:
I understand but I don't think it matches. Someone can use Supernova and not have any ships or outposts at that location. Furthermore it does not eliminate an entire species. Also as worded it doesn't change the fact it's unusable without the Tox Uthat.

I don't have a committee helping me either but something's like classification and species are basic for any personnel.


True

I agree he is a wip right now.
I gave him astrophysics because if he destroyed a race. I would assume he would have to know something about space. I was only thinking leadership because he acted like a leader in that episode to picard. We just need to figure out how to reflect his ability in the game. I liked your idea for his downloads. Kevin upbrixage convergence actually would be useable that way. It is not worth a card slot otherwise in a deck. Since you don't know what will happen in the game.


What he did with the husnock needs a whole new card made for it. I don't think destroying a race with a thought has anything to do with astrophysics. And what he tried (and ultimately failed to do) with Picard is not leadership.


Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:54 am
Profile
Delta Quadrant
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 1:49 pm
Posts: 1097
Location: back from Borg Region.
Region: New Bajor
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
Slayer07 wrote:
What he did with the husnock needs a whole new card made for it.

No, I think the idea is that his first card -- the interrupt killing an event -- was quite OK (i.e., extremely powerful) for its time (PAQ era).

Now, if you want to make new [Int] versions of him... WHO KILLS INCIDENTS & OBJECTIVES...

*mind explodes*

... go for it. :wink:

Kevin Uxbridge: Combat Evolved (nullifies [Obj] )

Kevin Uxbridge: Punisher Of Evil (nullifies [Inc] )


Be sure to give them a -40 point value. And once per game limit. :D

_________________
LLAP & Qapla' -- RIF!
:borg:
Subcommand: [SCN] Assembly Drone, Twenty-Nine Hundred Twenty-Eight Of Four-Thousand Thirty-Eight.
Flogger .Of. Dead Horses.
Couldn't resist talking to the legendary Commandeur.
(Something about me & my game preferences.)


Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:13 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Beta Quadrant

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:56 pm
Posts: 667
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
SudenKapala wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:
What he did with the husnock needs a whole new card made for it.

No, I think the idea is that his first card -- the interrupt killing an event -- was quite OK (i.e., extremely powerful) for its time (PAQ era).

Now, if you want to make new [Int] versions of him... WHO KILLS INCIDENTS & OBJECTIVES...

*mind explodes*

... go for it. :wink:

Kevin Uxbridge: Combat Evolved (nullifies [Obj] )

Kevin Uxbridge: Punisher Of Evil (nullifies [Inc] )


Be sure to give them a -40 point value. And once per game limit. :D


Well they would very likely have to be once per game. Not sure they need that steep of a point loss though. If they happen at all.

Side point, you asked about changing the skill to read any Uxbridge related card and what it would affect. Well it does affect Husnock Ship as he is named in the ship's lore. Not sure if that's a problem or not but it does seem weird to let him download it.


Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:46 pm
Profile
Delta Quadrant
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 1:49 pm
Posts: 1097
Location: back from Borg Region.
Region: New Bajor
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
Interesting points, of which this one is the best:
Slayer07 wrote:
Well it does affect Husnock Ship as he is named in the ship's lore. Not sure if that's a problem or not but it does seem weird to let him download it.

8) :thumbsup:

_________________
LLAP & Qapla' -- RIF!
:borg:
Subcommand: [SCN] Assembly Drone, Twenty-Nine Hundred Twenty-Eight Of Four-Thousand Thirty-Eight.
Flogger .Of. Dead Horses.
Couldn't resist talking to the legendary Commandeur.
(Something about me & my game preferences.)


Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:40 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Delta Quadrant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 1507
Region: The Neutral Zone
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
Discovery suxs wrote:
I'm clearly alone at doing dream cards. So I'm trying to post my ideas as they come to me.
I don't think you're alone. You could join the Thematic Challenge for instance :)

_________________
"Seize the time... Live now. Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." (Jean-Luc Picard, The Inner Light)

Join our Discord channel | Join the Thematic Challenges | My Trade Thread


Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:43 am
Profile
Beta Quadrant

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:56 pm
Posts: 667
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
Pazuzu wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:
I'm clearly alone at doing dream cards. So I'm trying to post my ideas as they come to me.
I don't think you're alone. You could join the Thematic Challenge for instance :)


I don't think that's what Discovery meant when he said he was alone. I think he was saying that he makes them up without other people, unlike the expansions the CC releases where there are many people working on them.

I've thought about joining but I hate being limited in what I can do i.e. being stuck on a theme.


Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:58 am
Profile
Delta Quadrant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Posts: 1046
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
Slayer07 wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:
I'm clearly alone at doing dream cards. So I'm trying to post my ideas as they come to me.
I don't think you're alone. You could join the Thematic Challenge for instance :)


I don't think that's what Discovery meant when he said he was alone. I think he was saying that he makes them up without other people, unlike the expansions the CC releases where there are many people working on them.

I've thought about joining but I hate being limited in what I can do i.e. being stuck on a theme.



Definitely true. I mainly meant look how many people actually post dream cards. So I'm basically holding down the forum to try restore life into this forum. I have pretty much doubled the activity here since I first started posting cards. So that is good thing. Definitely big ups to slayer for helping me out.


Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:41 pm
Profile
Delta Quadrant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 1507
Region: The Neutral Zone
Post Re: Kevin Upbrixage Personnel
Then I stand corrected and I sincerly beg for perdon, good sir :) You indeed gave this dusty forum some a fresh breeze!

_________________
"Seize the time... Live now. Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." (Jean-Luc Picard, The Inner Light)

Join our Discord channel | Join the Thematic Challenges | My Trade Thread


Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:54 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Terms of Use

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.