For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Kevin Upbrixage

NA

Lore

Kevin destroyed a whole race after they killed his wife. He lives in sorrow now.

Skills

Leadership science astrophysics
[DL] supernova once per game to any planet.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
First off, Kevin Uxbridge is the name of an Interrupt in Premiere. This title has to change. Second he needs a classification. Third, lore needs to mention his species. Fourth, there is no evidence to support Leadership or Astrophysics. Fifth, there is no justification for Supernova whatsoever. This needs a lot of work.

[NA] Kevin
CIVILIAN
Douwd who put aside his powers. A botanist until retiring at Delta Rana IV. Eliminated all Husnock everywhere after his wife Rishon's death at their hands. A man of extraordinary power and conscious who is best left alone.
[SD] SCIENCE [SD] Biology x2 [SD] Geology
[SD] Once per turn may download any card with 'Uxbridge' in the title OR Rishon
Integrity 9 Cunning 9 Strength 2

Currently any Uxbridge card is Kevin Uxbridge, Kevin Uxbridge: Convergence and Rishon Uxbridge. The last one might even be unnecessary since Rishon will download Rishon Uxbridge twice per game.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:First off, Kevin Uxbridge is the name of an Interrupt in Premiere. This title has to change. Second he needs a classification. Third, lore needs to mention his species. Fourth, there is no evidence to support Leadership or Astrophysics. Fifth, there is no justification for Supernova whatsoever. This needs a lot of work.

[NA] Kevin
CIVILIAN
Douwd who put aside his powers. A botanist until retiring at Delta Rana IV. Eliminated all Husnock everywhere after his wife Rishon's death at their hands. A man of extraordinary power and conscious who is best left alone.
[SD] SCIENCE [SD] Biology x2 [SD] Geology
[SD] Once per turn may download any card with 'Uxbridge' in the title OR Rishon
Integrity 9 Cunning 9 Strength 2

Currently any Uxbridge card is Kevin Uxbridge, Kevin Uxbridge: Convergence and Rishon Uxbridge. The last one might even be unnecessary since Rishon will download Rishon Uxbridge twice per game.
Supernova was there because he destroyed a race. He has to have that power by my standards. I like your ideas.

I'm clearly alone at doing dream cards. So I'm trying to post my ideas as they come to me.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I understand but I don't think it matches. Someone can use Supernova and not have any ships or outposts at that location. Furthermore it does not eliminate an entire species. Also as worded it doesn't change the fact it's unusable without the Tox Uthat.

I don't have a committee helping me either but something's like classification and species are basic for any personnel.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:I understand but I don't think it matches. Someone can use Supernova and not have any ships or outposts at that location. Furthermore it does not eliminate an entire species. Also as worded it doesn't change the fact it's unusable without the Tox Uthat.

I don't have a committee helping me either but something's like classification and species are basic for any personnel.
True

I agree he is a wip right now.
I gave him astrophysics because if he destroyed a race. I would assume he would have to know something about space. I was only thinking leadership because he acted like a leader in that episode to picard. We just need to figure out how to reflect his ability in the game. I liked your idea for his downloads. Kevin upbrixage convergence actually would be useable that way. It is not worth a card slot otherwise in a deck. Since you don't know what will happen in the game.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Personally I think it's fine that you brainstorm your ideas, Disco -- that's what this subforum is mostly about, I reckon. But also, I think Slayer's ideas can be really helpful in making your dream cards better. Look at all of the aspects that make up a card, and run with them all. The more merit your designs have -- and/or, the more detailed they are -- the more you'll get reactions to them. (As seen in the past.)

I though about a Kevin-card way in the past, I remember now. Not designed it, but through Disco's inspiration Slayer has put down a great rendition! :thumbsup:
I have many favourite episodes for just as many reasons, and The Survivors was certainly one. The sheer power, honour, and tragedy of Kevin's person spoke to me. Great to see a card.
Discovery suxs wrote:We just need to figure out how to reflect his ability in the game.
I think Slayer's card on itself doesn't yet reflect his abilities -- but his download(s!), by proxy, do -- perfectly. Which is actually conceptually nice -- he is too big fit into one card (like the Q entities -- they have a whole side deck).
Maybe the once-per-turn is too strong, though. I'd limit the DLs to once per game each.

One question (and aside from my once-per-game-limit); what are the implications of turning this text...
Slayer's upgrade wrote:Once per turn may download any card with 'Uxbridge' in the title OR Rishon
... into this...
Once per turn may download any Uxbridge-related card
...?

Since Rishon has Uxbridge in her lore, that should work, right? And it seems more elegant. Is there a reason why you worded it like you did?

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Personally I think it's fine that you brainstorm your ideas, Disco -- that's what this subforum is mostly about, I reckon. But also, I think Slayer's ideas can be really helpful in making your dream cards better. Look at all of the aspects that make up a card, and run with them all. The more merit your designs have -- and/or, the more detailed they are -- the more you'll get reactions to them. (As seen in the past.)

I though about a Kevin-card way in the past, I remember now. Not designed it, but through Disco's inspiration Slayer has put down a great rendition! :thumbsup:
I have many favourite episodes for just as many reasons, and The Survivors was certainly one. The sheer power, honour, and tragedy of Kevin's person spoke to me. Great to see a card.
Discovery suxs wrote:We just need to figure out how to reflect his ability in the game.
I think Slayer's card on itself doesn't yet reflect his abilities -- but his download(s!), by proxy, do -- perfectly. Which is actually conceptually nice -- he is too big fit into one card (like the Q entities -- they have a whole side deck).
Maybe the once-per-turn is too strong, though. I'd limit the DLs to once per game each.

One question (and aside from my once-per-game-limit); what are the implications of turning this text...
Slayer's upgrade wrote:Once per turn may download any card with 'Uxbridge' in the title OR Rishon
... into this...
Once per turn may download any Uxbridge-related card
...?

Since Rishon has Uxbridge in her lore, that should work, right? And it seems more elegant. Is there a reason why you worded it like you did?
Honestly it didn't occur to me that Kevin could download Rishon by virtue of her lore. To discoveries point I agree what he did to the husnock is not conveyed properly and to even make an attempt at that will require another card that would probably take on a title with Kevin Uxbridge in it like convergence did hence the wording of the download. I didn't necessarily want to to limit to once per game though because he did his illusions multiple times in one episode and since Kevin Uxbridge has a a point box and is out of play it's not recyclable.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:I understand but I don't think it matches. Someone can use Supernova and not have any ships or outposts at that location. Furthermore it does not eliminate an entire species. Also as worded it doesn't change the fact it's unusable without the Tox Uthat.

True

I agree he is a wip right now.
I gave him astrophysics because if he destroyed a race. I would assume he would have to know something about space. I was only thinking leadership because he acted like a leader in that episode to picard. We just need to figure out how to reflect his ability in the game. I liked your idea for his downloads. Kevin upbrixage convergence actually would be useable that way. It is not worth a card slot otherwise in a deck. Since you don't know what will happen in the game.
What he did with the husnock needs a whole new card made for it. I don't think destroying a race with a thought has anything to do with astrophysics. And what he tried (and ultimately failed to do) with Picard is not leadership.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:What he did with the husnock needs a whole new card made for it.
No, I think the idea is that his first card -- the interrupt killing an event -- was quite OK (i.e., extremely powerful) for its time (PAQ era).

Now, if you want to make new [Int] versions of him... WHO KILLS INCIDENTS & OBJECTIVES...

*mind explodes*

... go for it. :wink:

Kevin Uxbridge: Combat Evolved (nullifies [Obj] )

Kevin Uxbridge: Punisher Of Evil (nullifies [Inc] )

Be sure to give them a -40 point value. And once per game limit. :D

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:What he did with the husnock needs a whole new card made for it.
No, I think the idea is that his first card -- the interrupt killing an event -- was quite OK (i.e., extremely powerful) for its time (PAQ era).

Now, if you want to make new [Int] versions of him... WHO KILLS INCIDENTS & OBJECTIVES...

*mind explodes*

... go for it. :wink:

Kevin Uxbridge: Combat Evolved (nullifies [Obj] )

Kevin Uxbridge: Punisher Of Evil (nullifies [Inc] )

Be sure to give them a -40 point value. And once per game limit. :D
Well they would very likely have to be once per game. Not sure they need that steep of a point loss though. If they happen at all.

Side point, you asked about changing the skill to read any Uxbridge related card and what it would affect. Well it does affect Husnock Ship as he is named in the ship's lore. Not sure if that's a problem or not but it does seem weird to let him download it.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Interesting points, of which this one is the best:
Slayer07 wrote:Well it does affect Husnock Ship as he is named in the ship's lore. Not sure if that's a problem or not but it does seem weird to let him download it.
8) :thumbsup:

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:I'm clearly alone at doing dream cards. So I'm trying to post my ideas as they come to me.
I don't think you're alone. You could join the Thematic Challenge for instance :)

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Pazuzu wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:I'm clearly alone at doing dream cards. So I'm trying to post my ideas as they come to me.
I don't think you're alone. You could join the Thematic Challenge for instance :)
I don't think that's what Discovery meant when he said he was alone. I think he was saying that he makes them up without other people, unlike the expansions the CC releases where there are many people working on them.

I've thought about joining but I hate being limited in what I can do i.e. being stuck on a theme.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:
I don't think that's what Discovery meant when he said he was alone. I think he was saying that he makes them up without other people, unlike the expansions the CC releases where there are many people working on them.

I've thought about joining but I hate being limited in what I can do i.e. being stuck on a theme.

Definitely true. I mainly meant look how many people actually post dream cards. So I'm basically holding down the forum to try restore life into this forum. I have pretty much doubled the activity here since I first started posting cards. So that is good thing. Definitely big ups to slayer for helping me out.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]