For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Event

Lore

Tripp tries to rebuild the first warp 5 engine.

You may search your draw deck for a engine card and put it into your hand. Or
Discard 1 card and draw 2 cards.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
How are engine cards defined? Are they [WC] and/or [RC] cards, or at least related? Should we mention those icons, instead of "engine"?

Follow-up question. Why are there 2 icons that mean the same, but for different deck types ( [1E-TNG] / [1E-DS9] )? Are there cards that fall back on that distinction (i.e., on which kind of Core icon a card boasts)?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:How are engine cards defined? Are they [WC] and/or [RC] cards, or at least related? Should we mention those icons, instead of "engine"?

Follow-up question. Why are there 2 icons that mean the same, but for different deck types ( [1E-TNG] / [1E-DS9] )? Are there cards that fall back on that distinction (i.e., on which kind of Core icon a card boasts)?
The different Icons helped make them mutually exclusive.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:How are engine cards defined? Are they [WC] and/or [RC] cards, or at least related? Should we mention those icons, instead of "engine"?

Basically [WC] is tng and [RC] is ds9

I think this card should exist because otherwise you have to pack alot of useless engine cards in your draw deck. If you want to do a combination of 2 engine cards. I have tested this theory. My end of the game. I had 5 useless cards in my hand. Once you play the engine card it is pointless in your hand.

So be nice to have a card you can still use after you get your engine card out of your deck.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Are there such a thing as engine cards that aren't [WC] or [RC] ? I ask this because sometimes these things confuse me and if there aren't any other types then it might be best to use the icons rather than calling them engine cards. Even if I missed something and others exist maybe using the icons would be better than calling them engine cards.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:Are there such a thing as engine cards that aren't [WC] or [RC] ? I ask this because sometimes these things confuse me and if there aren't any other types then it might be best to use the icons rather than calling them engine cards. Even if I missed something and others exist maybe using the icons would be better than calling them engine cards.
Excellent point about the icons. I'm not sure about other engine cards. I could see how that might confuse players.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:Are there such a thing as engine cards that aren't [WC] or [RC] ? I ask this because sometimes these things confuse me and if there aren't any other types then it might be best to use the icons rather than calling them engine cards. Even if I missed something and others exist maybe using the icons would be better than calling them engine cards.
Excellent point about the icons. I'm not sure about other engine cards. I could see how that might confuse players.
When I saw this originally I thought maybe there might be events or interrupts in the title that this was referring to lol. That's why I'd want to avoid any sort of confusion with icons.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Actually, this was also where I was headed; but I, too, was wondering whether the icons fully fit the bill or not. On the other hand, I also wonder whether "engine" is a bona fide game term. I always assumed it was an informal phrase (which was partially formalized in the 2 icons), that's why I originally brought it up. :thumbsup:

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
As far as I know the term engine is not an official characterization. It's not a stretch to imagine [1E-DQ] , [OS], or [EE] engines though.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:As far as I know the term engine is not an official characterization. It's not a stretch to imagine [1E-DQ] , [OS], or [EE] engines though.

True I could even see [SF] engine cards too. Of course the cc keeps killing that block. They might not want to give 22 century anything else. I actually think of the emperor [SF] objectives as engine cards. Since they are chained together.

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]