For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Interrupt

Lore

Guinan uses her ways to block Q from his inference.

You may counter one [Ref] card just played or played as a event. Place this card in opponent's points area for 5 points.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think I'm a bit confused here. Is this meant to just counter referee cards? If so there is really no need to mention events in the text box. If I'm reading your original intention right it's not a bad idea as many cannot be nullified by Kevin Uxbridge or Amanda Rogers while others are Incidents and an Objective that can't be touched anyway.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:I think I'm a bit confused here. Is this meant to just counter referee cards? If so there is really no need to mention events in the text box. If I'm reading your original intention right it's not a bad idea as many cannot be nullified by Kevin Uxbridge or Amanda Rogers while others are Incidents and an Objective that can't be touched anyway.
Yes just a counter for referee cards. So many people depend on them. I'm a big believer in the mtg theory . Every card has a counter to balance the game. You nailed it about the ones Kevin and Amanda can't do anything about in the game.

Yeah I guess I could get rid of events. My goal was to have it be able to get rid of ref card on table too. Cards like villagers with torches, white deprivation, and wake the borg. The fact 2 of those cards kill a deck and have no counters has always been a problem to me.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:I think I'm a bit confused here. Is this meant to just counter referee cards? If so there is really no need to mention events in the text box. If I'm reading your original intention right it's not a bad idea as many cannot be nullified by Kevin Uxbridge or Amanda Rogers while others are Incidents and an Objective that can't be touched anyway.
Yes just a counter for referee cards. So many people depend on them. I'm a big believer in the mtg theory . Every card has a counter to balance the game. You nailed it about the ones Kevin and Amanda can't do anything about in the game.

Yeah I guess I could get rid of events. My goal was to have it be able to get rid of ref card on table too. Cards like villagers with torches, white deprivation, and wake the borg. The fact 2 of those cards kill a deck and have no counters has always been a problem to me.
Agreed but since those cards are referee cards they're already affected by the first part of the sentence anyway. I like the concept of the card but I think the name and lore (unless you're describing the picture because that would probably work unless there is one of both of them in 'battle' position) need work, we never actually saw what Guinan would have done to stop Q, or if it would have even worked at all.

[Int] Breaking The Standoff
Q was ready to remove Guinan, Guinan was ready to ward of Q's power. Jean-Luc Picard quickly put an end to the impasse...or what could have been a bad end for someone.
Plays on table to cancel one face up [Ref] card. Place this card in your opponents extra point area {5}

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:

Agreed but since those cards are referee cards they're already affected by the first part of the sentence anyway. I like the concept of the card but I think the name and lore (unless you're describing the picture because that would probably work unless there is one of both of them in 'battle' position) need work, we never actually saw what Guinan would have done to stop Q, or if it would have even worked at all.

[Int] Breaking The Standoff
Q was ready to remove Guinan, Guinan was ready to ward of Q's power. Jean-Luc Picard quickly put an end to the impasse...or what could have been a bad end for someone.
Plays on table to cancel one face up [Ref] card. Place this card in your opponents extra point area {5}
I choose the name because there is a card called where's guinan that targets guinan.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The Where's Guinan? card though was a reference joke as there wasn't any Guinan card at all until Q Continuum (same set as WG), and no main universe Guinan card until Fajo Collection. So the reference wouldn't work for Q as he was in the game (even if not a personnel) since Premiere.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:The Where's Guinan? card though was a reference joke as there wasn't any Guinan card at all until Q Continuum (same set as WG), and no main universe Guinan card until Fajo Collection. So the reference wouldn't work for Q as he was in the game (even if not a personnel) since Premiere.
Flavor is fine but jokes just made for useless cards in the game. There is so many joke cards. How many people still to this day hate mot the barber?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Personally, I've never hated Mot the Barber. One of the highlights of my collection is a silver bordered Mot signed by Evan Lorentz, the player and eventual Decipher employee who went by that name on the Decipher boards.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
Boffo97 wrote:The Where's Guinan? card though was a reference joke as there wasn't any Guinan card at all until Q Continuum (same set as WG), and no main universe Guinan card until Fajo Collection. So the reference wouldn't work for Q as he was in the game (even if not a personnel) since Premiere.
Flavor is fine but jokes just made for useless cards in the game. There is so many joke cards. How many people still to this day hate mot the barber?
I don't hate Mot, I just have no use for the card lol. By the same token, no one has ever stopped and asked, "Hey where is Q?" He's such a conceited entity no one cares lol. And truth is there are a lot of useless cards.

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]