For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The skills don't fit with what we saw her doing, so that needs to be reworked I think.

[Fed] ❖ Tung
[Stf] OFFICER
Reprsentative of female ensigns that can serve as diplomatic receptionists like the one aboard the USS Enterprise-E for the Evora in 2375. Often told to relay messages like skipping a fish course.
[SD] Diplomacy [SD] Anthoroplogy

Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 5

This is more fit with what we saw of this character representative. Switched the Cunning and Strength because this wasn't a fighting moment.
Last edited by Slayer07 on Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I appreciate the effort you put in all the dreamcards, but is there a way to consolidate some of the topics? The board gets flooded with single posts, leaving things like the monthly contest and the Memory Alpha Random DC card to the bottom of the page.

As for the card, bold choice to go for only skills. I kinda like it, funny with the 2x Music.
I would give Picard more than 5 strength.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:The biggest problem I see here is I don't believe there are any water related dilemmas so unless one or more are made it's a useless card.
I know it fits the movie but trying to fit the dilemmas in the game is different story.

There is one dilemma that says it is a water virus. The problem is data was affected by it in the show. He slept with tasha.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
WeyounsLastClone wrote:I appreciate the effort you put in all the dreamcards, but is there a way to consolidate some of the topics? The board gets flooded with single posts, leaving things like the monthly contest and the Memory Alpha Random DC card to the bottom of the page.

As for the card, bold choice to go for only skills. I kinda like it, funny with the 2x Music.
I would give Picard more than 5 strength.
I accomplished my goal now. So I'm taking a break for at least a month. I have increased the activity here in this forum. I have enough dreamcards for sure. So no need to do anything with my stuff. Just bump the other topics to the top of the page. Dreamcards were basically buried before me. I feel I have gave design enough ideas. Slayer has added much needed help to my cards too.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I copied the lore name from a actually card. You are forgetting the rules of the game. The name is always mentioned in the lore for matching to other cards.

For example your Beverly crusher is not matching captain of her ship like the others. If you had a card that downloads Beverly crusher. You could not download your version. You can't persona swap either since yours is not a persona of the others.

=====

For example your worf is not matching captain of the defiant like others. If you had a card that downloads worf. You could not download your version. You can't persona swap either since yours is not a persona of the others.

I honestly didn't remember him having a big part in the movie. I guess that is why you said this was a miss. I just wanted to fit the slots of the rest of the insurrection federation people.

=====

For example your data is not matching captain of the Sutherland like homefront data. If you had a card that downloads data. You could not download your version. You can't persona swap either since yours is not a persona of the others.

=====

For example your picard is not matching captain the enterprise like the others. If you had a card that downloads picard. You could not download your version. You can't persona swap either since yours is not a persona of the others.

Mod Edit [Boffo97]: Merged many redundant posts with copy and pasted content together.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I merged all the Insurrection Dream Cards thread into this one thread. If you're not going to post all DC suggestions to one thread, then at least all related suggestions should be in one thread.

We do appreciate that you're bringing activity into this forum, but spamming so many threads is disruptive and buries other activity. It's more likely to cause people to see all these new threads started by one person and hit the "Mark Forum as Read" button than it is to cause them to post.

Also I merged posts with copy & pasted content into one post rather than have the same post with just a few different notes repeatedly posted.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:I copied the lore name from a actually card. You are forgetting the rules of the game. The name is always mentioned in the lore for matching to other cards.

For example your Beverly crusher is not matching captain of her ship like the others. If you had a card that downloads Beverly crusher. You could not download your version. You can't persona swap either since yours is not a persona of the others.

=====

For example your worf is not matching captain of the defiant like others. If you had a card that downloads worf. You could not download your version. You can't persona swap either since yours is not a persona of the others.

I honestly didn't remember him having a big part in the movie. I guess that is why you said this was a miss. I just wanted to fit the slots of the rest of the insurrection federation people.

=====

For example your data is not matching captain of the Sutherland like homefront data. If you had a card that downloads data. You could not download your version. You can't persona swap either since yours is not a persona of the others.

=====

For example your picard is not matching captain the enterprise like the others. If you had a card that downloads picard. You could not download your version. You can't persona swap either since yours is not a persona of the others.

Mod Edit [Boffo97]: Merged many redundant posts with copy and pasted content together.
Worf didn't have a big part, I had to go to memory alpha to do a quick read up on Insurrection to find what I did.

You are wrong in one respect. Per the most current rule book; You can identify whether a card shares the persona of another in three ways:

if the two cards have the exact same card title, letter-for-letter, they are the same persona (for example, the Miles O'Brien from Star Trek: The Next Generation and the Miles O'Brien from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
if one card has the exact name of the other card written in bold in its lore, they are the same persona (e.g. Falcon and Miles O'Brien)
if the two cards both have the same name written in bold in their lores, they are the same persona (e.g. Falcon and Ensign O'Brien)

Because my cards mention the exact same name compared to their Premiere or First Contact personas, that puts them in the persona category. Just look at any character with multiple personas like Data. They are all considered personas because they either list them in lore like with Carlos and Sherlock Holmes or are personas because the name is the exact same card title like with Data (Cold Front) and Data (The Next Generation). That also means if a card would download say again Data, that my Insurrection version could be the one downloaded because it meets the first qualification check for the persona rule.

As for Data not being able to command the USS Sutherland, as far as I'm concerned that is an acceptable loss. Worf can still command the USS Defiant by virtue of the lore in U.S.S. Defiant (Chain of Command) even if he cannot command The Dominion version of the same ship. Further reminder; Beverly Crusher does not have a ship to command in any version (Beverly Picard does not count). My version of Insurrection Picard does say he is captain of USS Enteprise-E which still means he retains that matching commander status anyway.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:I merged all the Insurrection Dream Cards thread into this one thread. If you're not going to post all DC suggestions to one thread, then at least all related suggestions should be in one thread.

We do appreciate that you're bringing activity into this forum, but spamming so many threads is disruptive and buries other activity. It's more likely to cause people to see all these new threads started by one person and hit the "Mark Forum as Read" button than it is to cause them to post.

Also I merged posts with copy & pasted content into one post rather than have the same post with just a few different notes repeatedly posted.
All I can say I'm the only one that cared enough to even bring life to dreamcards. I tried putting all my stuff in one topic in gameplay. It was overkill and nobody cared about it. So as you can guess I'm done with dreamcards. Why do anymore if you are going around messing with my topics. All because people who don't care enough to post topics complains about my topics. They need to join in and stop being a follower of other people's ideas. If that was the case I would not have to post so much on this forums period. It is time for a change. So I'm sore to say boffo you are now clearly my foe. You rather have dead forums with little bits of life than active forums. I might honestly just go somewhere where I'm respected for my efforts instead of what has happened on here.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Discovery suxs wrote:All I can say I'm the only one that cared enough to even bring life to dreamcards. I tried putting all my stuff in one topic in gameplay. It was overkill and nobody cared about it. So as you can guess I'm done with dreamcards. Why do anymore if you are going around messing with my topics. All because people who don't care enough to post topics complains about my topics. They need to join in and stop being a follower of other people's ideas. If that was the case I would not have to post so much on this forums period. It is time for a change. So I'm sore to say boffo you are now clearly my foe. You rather have dead forums with little bits of life than active forums. I might honestly just go somewhere where I'm respected for my efforts instead of what has happened on here.
Firstly, in the words on this century's greatest philosopher, Taylor Swift, "You need to calm down".

Secondly, calling bullshit on your "I'm the only one that cared enough to even bring life to dreamcards"; this thread's been active for years, and has consistently had competitions and contests running on it. It might seem to be in a trough at the moment, but that's what happens. If anything, your spamming it was choking the life out of it like vineweed.

Thirdly, although one of the mods might have actually done it (thanks, Dave :thumbsup: ), someone else actually called it out (earlier in this very thread)
WeyounsLastClone wrote:I appreciate the effort you put in all the dreamcards, but is there a way to consolidate some of the topics? The board gets flooded with single posts, leaving things like the monthly contest and the Memory Alpha Random DC card to the bottom of the page.
, so it's just that Dave was acting in the community's interest.

If you can't see this tidying up and consolidation as a good thing, then maybe "just go[ing] somewhere where [you're] respected for [your] efforts instead of what has happened on here" is for the best.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
When I say I'm the only one I'm the creater. Slayer has been the one that flushes out the cards. Sudden adds input on the cards. So we are a 3man team here. It is sad it has come to a end. I guess all good things come to a end at some point. I don't know maybe I will start my own star trek ccg message board. I had to do it for fantasy sports because people were not active in the yahoo leagues. I view complainers as people who ask for a ride but complain about your car. I have put people out on the street. Fin

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Discovery suxs wrote:When I say I'm the only one I'm the creater. Slayer has been the one that flushes out the cards. Sudden adds input on the cards. So we are a 3man team here.
Okay, sure. I guess the 20+ threads you've started where they've not commented anything have just been swing and misses?
Discovery suxs wrote:I don't know maybe I will start my own star trek ccg message board.
More power to you. Remember to let us know when you have so we can sign up.
Discovery suxs wrote:I view complainers as people who ask for a ride but complain about your car. I have put people out on the street. Fin
Dude, no one asked for a ride. All they asked was for you to quieten down your revving. To use your analogy, you're driving up and down the road, just honking your horn, while others (the contest entrants and the like) are riding the bus.

You started spamming the board two weeks ago. The whole DC Forum's been regularly active for over a decade. I think it'll survive.

Melodrama aside, you seem prolific and creative - have you considered joining the 1E Design Team? I don't know how they do things over there, but on the 2E design side of things, there's a consolidated thread for ideas. Maybe you could post stuff there?

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:All I can say I'm the only one that cared enough to even bring life to dreamcards.
You've said this more often. I've not commented on it until now (I think), but I always took it as a metaphorical phrase. To me, you seem to mean, "I'm the one most active". That's how I read it -- for almost everywhere you've said it, there were other people active -- and you must've seen that.
I think I read a sort of bold pride in it, and/or a sort of challenge from you -- "c'mon guys, match my output, let's get (even?) more life into this forum!"
(If my assumptions are wrong, please correct me!!)

But I can see how the metaphorical, but literally visible, phrase of "I'm the only one" might hurt some people a bit ("sting" them?), since other people do participate as much as they can, want, or need to. That's their prerogative, and they're entitled to a fair share of respect and appreciation for their efforts, too. Sometimes, it may seem from what you write, that you don't appreciate other people's efforts.
But I think that you do, in reality. Incorrect?

Why do anymore if you are going around messing with my topics. (...) So I'm sore to say boffo you are now clearly my foe. You rather have dead forums with little bits of life than active forums.
I don't think that's true, as I've said before. Boffo doesn't seem to me -- at all -- to be restraining you; but he does call you on a "messy" forum. I don't think that your ideas are ever being deleted or otherwise made to disappear.
Mods like Boffo, however, have an idea of how these forums run smoothest, and are the easiest readable for everyone. It's their personal (but communal) idea, granted -- but they're the mods, after all. And they do listen to other people's input, it seems.

But again -- they/he do(es) not censor you. They do not want to see you leave. Boffo does compliment / thank you for your diverse and ample input! Please see that also!
Disco wrote:They need to join in and stop being a follower of other people's ideas.
I do see myself as a follower, mostly, at least on this forum. And indeed, I follow you where DCs are concerned.
I don't think there's anything wrong with being a follower. Conversely, if there are too many leaders, trouble ensues. :wink: Which we may see here.
You have the character of a leader (which shows) -- but Mods are (in a way) leaders of the forum. (Yet they also follow the wishes of the general populace of the forum, where needed.)
However...
Discovery suxs wrote:I might honestly just go somewhere where I'm respected for my efforts instead of what has happened on here. (...) I don't know maybe I will start my own star trek ccg message board.
... don't do that, please.
I don't want to divide my time, energy and attention (with all of those deficient enough as they are! :P ) across different places. That is the (only) reason I did not yet attend the Discord/Dojo; and it would be the reason for me to not keep track of a second place about this game. I'd lose your input and ideas. I'd miss that. :(
(But that's just my personal opinion and feeling -- you must first do what is best for you and second what's good for the community in general; and only third, bear my wishes in mind if you're so inclined. :twocents: )

Please, just find a way to accept Boffo helping you out in keeping the place tidy so that other, less dynamic, people (which are most of us! But that's on you -- you're just extremely active! :wink: ) can still find their way here.
Danny wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:When I say I'm the only one I'm the creater. Slayer has been the one that flushes out the cards. Sudden adds input on the cards. So we are a 3man team here.
Okay, sure. I guess the 20+ threads you've started where they've not commented anything have just been swing and misses?
Hmm, well... I don't have input on all of Disco's topics, indeed, no. Also, I don't have time to give input on everything. And that should be fine.
However, on one hand, it should be OK to occasionally swing a-miss; and OTOH, it might be handy to also be able to restrain yourself a bit, Disco. :wink:
You indeed put others to shame sometimes, making this forum a one-man show. Which it shouldn't be -- others might participate a bit more, and you might participate a bit less. A bit. For me, that certainly includes, "do not STOP participating, please".
People have been giving you hints about all this -- aside from complimenting you on how creative you are.

Cherish the one -- and learn from the other. :thumbsup: :cheersL:

But now, on-topic and most importantly;
ANY NEW VERSION of Data should have [SD] SCIENCE!
I've said it before. He's the only thing that goes for a chief science officer in any of the TNG episodes (except for Nella Daren and some few other 1-shot guest personnel); and he's good at it. He sciences the crap out of any possible obstacle; give the android some more 1e Science skill, please! 8) :P :wink: :cross:
Aso, good to play with his attributes a bit, but not too much. And keeping them 8/12/12 is, conversely, a bit too strict adherance to existing situations. :twocents:
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]