For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Cross-post (and expansion) from here.

For those that wish tro slow down the game, limiting free draw or play engine cards' powers (by making them nullifiable), is not a bad idea. At least, in theory. I think I'd like a Kevin Uxbridge variant for that.
[Door] Kevin Uxbridge: Window Into Omnipotence

(Photo of Uxbridge house's window --preferably with characters in the shot; such as the left part of this image, if better composition available -- OR just partial or whole window. It's nice enough.)

[Ref]
Once per turn (thrice per game), may nullify any [Inc] or [Obj] that allows a card to play for free OR that lets any player draw a card.
[0]
Point box of 0 to make it end up in Special Card / Bonus Point Area (and not in Discard Pile); also interacts with Oof!
And/or could have Quinn-like integrated penalty points.

I made it a [Door] i.s.o. [Int] because less powerful/surprising. Also, it could put such a card on top of draw deck, or back into hand i.s.o. nullification! But still -- this might be far too destructive (and far-reaching), as-is.
There's merit in the idea though, I think. It could be further developed...

It could also be split -- an Amanda Rogers variant could take over for the second function (destroy draw engines). Or one could do [Inc] , the other could do [Obj] .
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I think the point box is warranted here. It keeps it from being a zombie card that can be raised from the dead. The ability to kill a deck-enabling "engine" card is extremely powerful. The ability to do it multiple times makes it even more powerful. Opponents would need to stock revival cards so they can recover from that by nanoprobing it back to hand or something. Forcing the player to stock multiples in order to use this extremely powerful mechanic more than once seems warranted.

However, some incidents and objects are seed only, aren't they? So if a card like this removes them from the table, it effectively destroys the deck. That's probably too powerful.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:Get rid of the point box. The game needs more defensive cards not defensive cards at a penalty.
So you DO like my idea VERY MUCH, even so much that you don't agree with the penalty. I'm taking that as a compliment! :) 8) :wink:
JeBuS wrote: It keeps it from being a zombie card that can be raised from the dead.
Agreed, for that reason. :thumbsup:
However, some incidents and objects are seed only, aren't they? So if a card like this removes them from the table, it effectively destroys the deck. That's probably too powerful.
Agreed, good point. I hope not all powerful card engines fall into said category, but let's keep that category safe: either we add,
"... that may play on table..."
to its functions; and/or -- and I thought about this mechanic earlier but found it wanting for sufficient supressive power, yet may be very suitable here! -- we (also) add a function,
[COUNTDOWN 3] ... OR plays on any such card; it is suspended.
The countdown is "negotiatable"; could be 2 or 4, too. Idea is that only playable [Obj] and [Inc] can be nullified (or suspended, but why do that); seeds-only can only be suspended for a while.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
What about this:

[Int] Kevin Uxbridge: Diversion

Countdown: 3
Lore wrote: Kevin tried multiple times todistract the Enterprise crew and lure them away from Delta Rana IV.
Gametext wrote: Plays on any [Inc] , [Obj] , Facility, or Time Location. Suspends all text on that card allowing any personnel, ships, or equipment to report for free. (Unique).
Thoughts?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Armus wrote:What about this:

Lore wrote: Kevin tried multiple times todistract the Enterprise crew and lure them away from Delta Rana IV.
Gametext wrote: Plays on any [Inc] , [Obj] , Facility, or Time Location. Suspends all text on that card allowing any personnel, ships, or equipment to report for free. (Unique).
Thoughts?
I like this idea. But I would still put a point box on it so it isn't resurrectable.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Simpler, which is good. But also... lacks some versatility, since suspends only limited free plays (and -- worse -- no draws!). On the other hand, is also less mitigated by lack of point box. It may well supplement my card(s), rather than replace it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not sure if the card types should not be switched, then. Tuning both concepts could yield a "common" and a "rare" version, each with its use and cost.

Also, minor detail: wording.
Suspends all text on that card that allows any personnel, ships, or equipment to report for free.
is less ambiguous. (It was sound, but might be slightly confusing; this, IMO, is not.)

Actually, it's a close tie in confusionlessness for me, but Armus' version may win in the end, after all. :thumbsup:

I also like the lore/title concept. I could see it tweaked / flavoured a bit more, but very solid idea. We should use the music box as picture! (Maybe?) 8)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:
Armus wrote:What about this:

Thoughts?
I like this idea. But I would still put a point box on it so it isn't resurrectable.
Since it's unique, it can be resurrectable.

It's also cancelable with Q2. Let's give people a reason to play Q2 again (because let's be real: the post-errata Q dilemma sure doesn't...:roll:)
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Armus wrote: Since it's unique, it can be resurrectable.

It's also cancelable with Q2. Let's give people a reason to play Q2 again (because let's be real: the post-errata Q dilemma sure doesn't...:roll:)
At the end of the count-down, it is discarded. Then general resurrection techniques apply.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think Armus means to say, that because of its mitigating uniqueness, it is "allowed" to be resurrectable.

Actually, myself, I'm not so sure if either aspect is the best choice. Maybe I do really like to see it non-zombieable, and NOT unique.
But OTOH, the combined ideas do sound good, in a way, too.

So -- again, I find myself favouring both cards, as companions, to battle the ongoing game speed acceleration back-to-back. (Cue melodramatic music and Wolverine snarling sound.)
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]