For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Pazuzu wrote:Last day to submit your entries!
Any chance we can get an extension?

It's been a long few days IRL and I haven't had a chance to finish my full entry yet.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Better get after it then...

Vote A
[Bor] Archer of Borg
[SCC] [1E-AU]
[SCN] [22]
[SCD]
Assimilated Counterpart who spoke to Starfleet in an alternate universe: "The knowledge and experience of the Human - Jonathan Archer - is part of us now."
[SD] OFFICER [SD] Diplomacy [SD] ENGINEER [SD] Honor [SD] Leadership [SD] SECURITY [SD] Weapons and Shields +4 vs. [SF]
Integrity 8 Cunning 7 Strength 11
[Bor] Soval of Borg
[SCC] [1E-AU]
[SCN] [22]
[SCD]
Assimilated Counterpart who spoke to the High Command in an alternate universe: "The knowledge and experience of the Vulcan - Soval - is part of us now."
[SD] V.I.P. [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Law [SD] Leadership x2
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Weapons and Shields +4 vs. [Vul]

Integrity 5 Cunning 9 Strength 10
[Bor] Valdore of Borg
[SCC] [1E-AU]
[SCN] [22]
[SCD]
Assimilated Counterpart who spoke to the Star Empire in an Alternate Universe: "The knowledge and Experience of the Romulan - Admiral Valdore - is part of us now."
[SD] OFFICER [SD] Leadership [SD] Computer Skill [SD] Treachery Weapons and Shields +4 vs. [Rom] [DL] Commandeer Ship
[SD] Scores 15 points for assimilating a Drone-class vessel.

Integrity 4 Cunning 7 Strength 12
[Inc] Establish New Collective
[BO] Seeds on table. You may download Assimilate Homeworld and/or Assimilate Emergent Civilization. Your [Bor] cards may not be excluded from battle at time locations. When you complete a [BO] Objective Targeting a 2154 Time Location, assimilate all opponent's cards there, and for remainder of game, your [22] [Bor] cards may report there, and non- [Bor] cards may not. Your Completed [BO] Objectives on missions with an affiliation icon matching an assimilated Homeworld's affiliation are worth +5 points. (Unique.)
[Obj] Assimilate Emergent Civilization
[BO] [HA] Suspends your Assimilate Homeworld targeting a Homeworld if your matching Counterpart is [22] and scouting is complete. Target Homeworld's corresponding 2154 Time Location. If your Borg there, you may probe:
[SCN] : Civilization Assimilated: Place on time location; Suspended Objective completed. Remove all opponent's matching affiliation cards from hand, deck, discard pile, and spaceline (except [MQ] cards) from the game. You may download Service the Collective (only works with your [22] Counterparts) and/or one Objective.
I've always thought that [22] affiliations got off easy against Borg. With time locations being a safe space an aggressive Borg player can't have any fun!

These cards change that. Now you can basically Stop First Contact in the 22nd century with pre-fab Counterparts for 3 of the 4 key [22] affiliations (Klingons catch a break on this one) and card-driven timeline disruption to go with (no rules cruft!) them.

And with a seedable card that downloads Assimilate Homeworld, you can start running and gunning early and often - just how fast are those [22] solvers? They'll need to find out!

And if your opponent isn't playing [22] ? No worries! Just go disrupt the timeline and get a bonus 5 points for your follow on objectives, which should enable a 3- Objective win with the right mission set (40 + 25 + 5 + 25 + 5)

Hopefully you find these cards as fun to think about the possibilities as I did when I was making them.

Thanks for running this contest Stefan, it was fun all year long! :cheersL:

- Brian
Last edited by Armus on Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote:Better get after it then...
[Bor] Archer of Borg
[SCC] [1E-AU]
[SCN] [22]
[SCD]
Assimilated Counterpart who spoke to Starfleet in an alternate universe: "The knowledge and experience of the Human - Jonathan Archer - is part of us now."
[SD] OFFICER [SD] Diplomacy [SD] ENGINEER [SD] Honor [SD] Leadership [SD] SECURITY [SD] Weapons and Shields +4 vs. [SF]
Integrity 8 Cunning 7 Strength 11
[Bor] Soval of Borg
[SCC] [1E-AU]
[SCN] [22]
[SCD]
Assimilated Counterpart who spoke to the High Command in an alternate universe: "The knowledge and experience of the Vulcan - Soval - is part of us now."
[SD] V.I.P. [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Law [SD] Leadership x2
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Weapons and Shields +4 vs. [Vul]

Integrity 5 Cunning 9 Strength 10
[Bor] Valdore of Borg
[SCC] [1E-AU]
[SCN] [22]
[SCD]
Assimilated Counterpart who spoke to the Star Empire in an Alternate Universe: "The knowledge and Experience of the Romulan - Admiral Valdore - is part of us now."
[SD] OFFICER [SD] Leadership [SD] Computer Skill [SD] Treachery Weapons and Shields +4 vs. [Rom] [DL] Commandeer Ship
[SD] Scores 15 points for assimilating a Drone-class vessel.

Integrity 4 Cunning 7 Strength 12
[Inc] Establish New Collective
[BO] Seeds on table. You may download Assimilate Homeworld and/or Assimilate Emergent Civilization. Your [Bor] cards may not be excluded from battle at time locations. When you complete a [BO] Objective Targeting a 2154 Time Location, assimilate all opponent's cards there, and for remainder of game, your [22] [Bor] cards may report there, and non- [Bor] cards may not. Your Completed [BO] Objectives on missions with an affiliation icon matching an assimilated Homeworld's affiliation are worth +5 points. (Unique.)
[Obj] Assimilate Emergent Civilization
[BO] [HA] Suspends your Assimilate Homeworld targeting a Homeworld if your matching Counterpart is [22]. Target Homeworld's corresponding 2154 Time Location. If your Borg there, you may probe:
[SCN] : Civilization Assimilated: Place on time location; Suspended Objective completed. Remove all opponent's matching affiliation cards from hand, deck, discard pile, and spaceline (except [MQ] cards) from the game. You may download Service the Collective (only works with your [22] Counterparts) and/or one Objective.
I've always thought that [22] affiliations got off easy against Borg. With time locations being a safe space an aggressive Borg player can't have any fun!

These cards change that. Now you can basically Stop First Contact in the 22nd century with pre-fab Counterparts for 3 of the 4 key [22] affiliations (Klingons catch a break on this one) and card-driven timeline disruption to go with (no rules cruft!) them.

And with a seedable card that downloads Assimilate Homeworld, you can start running and gunning early and often - just how fast are those [22] solvers? They'll need to find out!

And if your opponent isn't playing [22] ? No worries! Just go disrupt the timeline and get a bonus 5 points for your follow on objectives, which should enable a 3- Objective win with the right mission set (40 + 25 + 5 + 25 + 5)

Hopefully you find these cards as fun to think about the possibilities as I did when I was making them.

Thanks for running this contest Stefan, it was fun all year long! :cheersL:

- Brian
This is awesome

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So since this is the last go-round, and the voting is theoretically open now, how do you want to handle that, Stefan? New thread? Vote in this thread?

Standing by for instructions...

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.