For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The first season after I took over after Matt‘s hiatus is over and I would like to thank everyone for participating. I really enjoyed running the series and I will do continue so in 2020. If you have any feedback how to improve the thematic challenges please feel free to contact me.

Here are now the entries from December‘s challenge ALTERNATE REALITY. The challenge‘s objective was to create a set of three to five cards that share a connected theme and are based on an alternate reality that was seen or mentioned on any show. Please note again that this month do count double for the end of the year standings. To vote please just post a comment below with the entry number.

ENTRIES FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE: Alternate Reality
  1. [Fed] (6) •U.S.S. Voyager, Revised Warship
    [Cmd] [Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]
    [Voy] [Fut] Intrepid Class
    While you do not command a headquarters mission, you may play this ship at Caretaker's Array. While this ship is at a [DQ] mission, you may play [Voy] personnel and equipment aboard this ship. Each non-unique [Voy] personnel you own gains Treachery, [Fut] and becomes a Hologram.
    Order: Discard a card titled U.S.S. Voyager from hand to score 5 points.
    Range 9 Weapons 11 Shields 8
    [Fer] (5) •Thief's Spoils, Mercenary Vessel
    [Stf] [Stf]
    Na'Fer Class
    When your [Fer] [AU] personnel at this mission leaves play, you may download a [Fer] [AU] personnel with a different card title you do not command and place him or her aboard this ship. You now command that personnel.
    “Brunt modified the dilithium matrix to maximise the output.”
    Range 7 Weapons 5 Shields 6
    [Kli] (5) •I.K.C. Kruge, Klingon Battleship
    [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
    [AU] K'Vort Class
    Cloaking Device
    Order: Discard an [AU] card from hand to begin an engagement involving this ship. If you win, randomly kill an opponent's personnel involved. If that personnel costs 4 or more, randomly kill another personnel involved.
    "Federation ship Enterprise, surrender and prepare to be boarded."
    Range 7 Weapons 8 Shields 7
    [Rom] (6) •Terix, Imperial Flagship
    [Cmd] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
    [AU] D'deridex Class
    Cloaking Device
    When you reveal cards from the top of an opponent's deck, if this ship is staffed and your corresponding Commander is aboard, you may discard one of the cards revealed. You may do this only once each turn.
    “Has Starfleet Command approved this arrangement?”
    “No.”
    “I like it already.”

Range 7 Weapons 9 Shields 9
    [SF] (5) •I.S.S. Khan's Wrath, Imperial Vessel
    [Cmd]
    [Pa] [AU] NX Class
    To play this ship, you must command 3 [AU] personnel. While you have no cards in hand, this ship is Weapons +2.
    When an engagement begins involving this ship (or your [SF] ship at this mission,) if you have no cards in hand you may download a Maneuver Interrupt.
    Terran battleship that engaged the Starship Defiant in 2155. Later swore fealty to Empress Sato, a superior leader.
    Range 6 Weapons 5 Shields 5
  2. [Evt] (3) Temporal Vortex
    Temporal.
    Plays in your core. After your opponent has chosen dilemmas for his or her stack, you may stop your Borg Queen to have dilemmas revealed from bottom to top during this mission attempt.
    "Sensors show chronometric particles emanating from the sphere."
    [Int] Prepare for Ramming Speed!
    Maneuver.
    When your ship is in an engagement, or your personnel aboard are attempting a mission, for each [Cmd] staffing requirement on that ship choose one: that ship is attributes +1, or a personnel aboard gains Navigation until the end of this turn. Then place this on that ship.
    Damage - This card cannot be removed from play.
    "Perhaps today is a good day to die."
    [S] •Typhon Sector, Engage the Borg
    [AQ] <50>
    3 Leadership, 4 Navigation, Cunning>48, and total Weapons at this mission>10
    When you win an engagement involving your [Bor] or [Fed] ship, you may choose one: place a personnel from hand on a headquarters mission where that personnel could be played or flip this mission.
    "We have it in visual range. A Borg cube on course 0 mark 215, speed warp nine point..."
    [Bor] [Fed]
    <3> (front)

[S] •Sol System, Assimilate Species 5618
    [AQ] <50>
    7 of any one skill, and Cunning>44
    Region: Sector 001.
    Expand the Collective may be played on your Earth and cannot be prevented or removed from play.
    We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
    [Bor]
    <3> (back)
    [Fed] (5) •Jean-Luc Picard, Adept Captain
    [Cmd] [TNG] Human/Borg
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] 2 Leadership [SD] Honor [SD] Physics [SD] Security
    Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise-E.
    While this personnel is facing a dilemma, if a copy of that dilemma is overcome at a mission you command, you may discard the top card of your deck and stop this personnel to prevent and overcome that dilemma.
    "I can hear them."
    Integrity 8 Cunning 6 Strength 6
    [Fed] (7) •U.S.S. Enterprise-E, Fleet Commander
    [Cmd] [Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]
    [TNG] Sovereign Class
    When you play this ship, if you command more ships than your opponent, score 5 points.
    "How many planets are in this Federation?"
    "Over one hundred and fifty, spread across eight thousand light years."
    "You mustn't get home much."
    "Actually, I tend to think of this ship as home."

Range 9 Weapons 9 Shields 9
  3. [Fed] Vintner Picard
    In 2395 in an alternate timeline Jean-Luc Picard became a vintner in La Barre, Earth. Has advanced Irumodic Syndrome. Once married to Beverly Picard. Solved the never ending trial.
    CIVILIAN [1E-AU]
    [SD] May meet any one requirement of Investigate Anti-Time Eruption.
    [SD] Your 2395 [1E-AU] cards and Admiral Riker may mix and cooperate here.
    [SD] Music [DL] Any 2395 [1E-AU] card OR Admiral Riker.
    Integrity 7 Cunning 5 Strength 3
    [Fed] Professor Data
    Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University in an alternate timeline in 2395. Lives at Isaac Newton's house with several cats. Able to use contractions.
    CIVILIAN [1E-AU]
    [SD] ENGINEER [SD] Computer Skill x2 [SD] Music
    [SD] Astrophysics x3 [SD] Physics x2
    [SD] Scores 10 points if helps solve Spatial Anti-Time Anomaly.
    [DL] Data Laughing
    Integrity 7 Cunning 12 Strength 12
    [Fed] Nell Chilton
    Ensign served as helmsman abroad U.S.S. Pasteur in an alternate timeline in 2395. Got the position with the help of her boyfriend. Killled during a Klingon attack.
    [Stf] OFFICER [1E-AU]
    [SD] Navigation x2 [SD] MEDICAL [SD] Youth
    [SD] May volunteer for random selections (if applicable).
    Integrity 7 Cunning 7 Strength 5
    [Fed] Geordi
    Former chief of engineering abroad the U.S.S. Enterprise and captain of the U.S.S. Challenger. Visited his old friend and captain Jean-Luc Picard regulary in La Barre, Earth in an alternate timeline in 2395.
    CIVILLIAN [1E-AU]
    [SD] ENGINEER x2 [SD] Computer Skill [SD] Navigation
    [SD] Physics [SD] Diplomacy
    [SD] May report (for free) to Vinter Picard.
    Integrity 8 Cunning 7 Strength 5
    [P] Picard's Vineyard
    2395 Earth: Alternate future where Captain Picard retired as a vitner in La Barre, Earth.
    Plays on Table. You may download Vintner Picard here. Native to this timeline: all [1E-AU] cards with "alternate timeline" and "2395" in lore. Once each turn, one such card reporting at this location may report for free. When you solve Investigate Anti-Time Eruption, score points and discard timeline. [20]
  4. [P] Roswell Military Base Camp
    1947 Earth: U.S. Military base stationed in New Mexico.
    Seeds or plays on table. Once per turn, your cards native to this timeline or your Quark, Rom, Nog, or Quark's Treasure may play for free here. Every turn, first time you report a non-human here, draw three cards and then discard two from hand. Native to this timeline: all personnel and equipment with "1947" in lore.
    [NA] Faith Garland
    [1E-AU] MEDICAL
    Nurse in the United States Army Air Forces in 1947. Romantically involved with Jeff Carlson. Helped the Ferengi escape.
    [SD] Honor [SD] Exobiology [SD] Anthropology [DL] Rescue Captives
    Integrity 8 Cunning 7 Strength 4
    [NA] Jeff Carlson
    [1E-AU] SCIENCE
    Professor stationed in Roswell in 1947. Romantically involved with Faith Garland. Befriended the Ferengi who accidently crashed at the base.
    [SD] Biology [SD] Honor [DL] Incoming Message - Ferengi
    Integrity 7 Cunning 8 Strength 6
    [NA] Rex Denning
    [1E-AU] OFFICER
    Lieutenant general who was a flag officer in the United States Army Air Forces. Stationed at the Roswell Military base camp during the 1947 encounter of the Ferengi.
    [SD] Leadership x2
    Integrity 6 Cunning 7 Strength 8
  5. [Fed] (3) •Chakotay, "Galaxy's Most Wanted"
    Human
    [Cmd] [Voy] [Fut]
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Archaeology [SD] Leadership [SD] Security [SD] Treachery
    Commander: Delta Flyer. Thief. When you play this personnel, you may examine the top four cards of your deck. You may reveal a [Fut] card and take it into hand. Place the remaining cards on the bottom of your deck in any order.
    Integrity 5 Cunning 6 Strength 5
    [Fed] (3) •Tessa Omond
    Human
    [Stf] [E] [Fut]
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Engineer [SD] Physics [SD] Transporters [SD] Treachery
    Thief. You may play this personnel aboard your [Voy] ship. While this personnel is present with your Chakotay, she is attributes +1 and gains Honor.
    "I didn't want Chakotay or Harry to have to face this alone."
    Integrity 5 Cunning 6 Strength 5
    [Int] "Guardian Angel"
    Temporal. When your unique personnel is facing a dilemma, you may discard a [Fut] personnel with the same title from hand to make him or her gain all the discarded personnel's skills and attributes of until the end of that dilemma.
    "...but if you're watching this right now, that means all of that has changed. You owe me one."
  6. [Bor] Archer of Borg
    [SCC] [SCN] [SCD] [1E-AU] [22]
    Assimilated Counterpart who spoke to Starfleet in an alternate universe: "The knowledge and experience of the Human - Jonathan Archer - is part of us now."
    [SD] OFFICER [SD] Diplomacy [SD] ENGINEER [SD] Honor [SD] Leadership [SD] SECURITY [SD] Weapons and Shields +4 vs. [SF]
    Integrity 8 Cunning 7 Strength 11
    [Bor] Soval of Borg
    [SCC] [SCN] [SCD] [22] [1E-AU]
    Assimilated Counterpart who spoke to the High Command in an alternate universe: "The knowledge and experience of the Vulcan - Soval - is part of us now."
    [SD] V.I.P. [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Law [SD] Leadership x2
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Weapons and Shields +4 vs. [Vul]
    Integrity 5 Cunning 9 Strength 10
    [Bor] Valdore of Borg
    [SCC] [SCN] [SCD] [22] [1E-AU]
    Assimilated Counterpart who spoke to the Star Empire in an Alternate Universe: "The knowledge and Experience of the Romulan - Admiral Valdore - is part of us now."
    [SD] OFFICER [SD] Leadership [SD] Computer Skill [SD] Treachery Weapons and Shields +4 vs. [Rom] [DL] Commandeer Ship
    [SD] Scores 15 points for assimilating a Drone-class vessel.
    Integrity 4 Cunning 7 Strength 12
    [Inc] Establish New Collective
    [BO] Seeds on table. You may download Assimilate Homeworld and/or Assimilate Emergent Civilization. Your [Bor] cards may not be excluded from battle at time locations. When you complete a [BO] Objective Targeting a 2154 Time Location, assimilate all opponent's cards there, and for remainder of game, your [22] [Bor] cards may report there, and non- [Bor] cards may not. Your Completed [BO] Objectives on missions with an affiliation icon matching an assimilated Homeworld's affiliation are worth +5 points. (Unique.)
    [Obj] Assimilate Emergent Civilization
    [BO] [HA] Suspends your Assimilate Homeworld targeting a Homeworld if your matching Counterpart is [22] and scouting is complete. Target Homeworld's corresponding 2154 Time Location. If your Borg there, you may probe:
    [SCN] : Civilization Assimilated: Place on time location; Suspended Objective completed. Remove all opponent's matching affiliation cards from hand, deck, discard pile, and spaceline (except [MQ] cards) from the game. You may download Service the Collective (only works with your [22] Counterparts) and/or one Objective.
  7. [Evt] (2) •Before and After
    Temporal. Plays in your core. At the start of your turn, you may shuffle your [AU] , [Fut] , or [Pa] personnel in play into your deck to download a [AU] , [Fut] , or [Pa] personnel with the same card title (or with lower cost of the same affiliation) and place him or her at that mission (that personnel is stopped).
    "As far as I can tell I've jumped backwards a total of five times so far."
    [NA] (4) •Kes, Confused Grandmother
    [Voy] [Fut] Ocampa
    Anthropology, Biology, Diplomacy, Honor, Telepathy
    Order- Download Kes. You may remove that Kes, this personnel, and a copy of Kes from your discard pile from the game to score 15 points.
    "Everyone listen to me, please."
    Integrity 7 Cunning 6 Strength 3
    [NA] (2) •Kes, Determined Ocampa
    [Voy] [AU] Ocampa
    Biology,Honor, Medical, Science, Telepathy
    Order- Download a [AU] , [Fut] , or [Pa] card. Discard it, then shuffle a [AU] , [Fut] , or [Pa] card from your discard pile into your deck.
    "I have to find the exact temporal variance of that torpedo."
    Integrity 7 Cunning 6 Strength 4
    [NA] (0) •Kes, Confused Child
    [Pa] Ocampa
    Anthropology, Telepathy
    At the end of your turn you must choose: place this in your discard pile to draw a card, or discard a card from hand to shuffle this card into your deck.
    "Please try to believe me. I've been living aboard a starship called Voyager."
    Integrity 7 Cunning 5 Strength 3
    [Fed] (2) •Linnis, Concerned Daughter
    [Voy] [Stf] [AU] Human/Ocampa
    Biology, Medical, Physics, Science, Telepathy
    When a personnel present is shuffled into your deck, choose an event. Until the start of your next turn, opponent's cards cannot destroy that event.
    "I'm your daughter and I love you."
    Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 5

SCOREBOARD
WeyounsLastClone 12 (+1)
commdecker 10
Armus 10 (+1)
MattgomeryScott 10 (+2)
Pazuzu 9
HoodieDM 9 (+2)
Danny 7
Naetor 6
LostZoat 4
winterflames 4 (+1)
jrch5618 3
superdave 3
rferries 2
Sexecutioner 2
Cartagia 1
Smiley 1

PRIZE POOL
1st Place: 1 Year Premium Subscription + one random Continuing Committee Promo
2nd Place: 1 Booster Pack "The Motion Pictures" + one random Continuing Committee Promo
3rd Place: 1 Booster Pack "Reflections" (First Edition) + one random Continuing Committee Promo

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES
January 2019: New Year's Resolution (Link)
February 2019: Café des Armours (Link)
March 2019: The Neverending Story (Link)
April 2019: Fire and Ice (Link)
May 2019: All Good Things (Link)
June 2019: The Final Frontier (Link)
July 2019: God is a DJ (Link)
August 2019: The machines are rising (Link)
September 2019: Mon Capitaine (Link)
October 2019: Nobody calls me chicken (Link)
November 2019: We are old now (Link)
December 2019: Alternate Reality (Link)

DEADLINE 31th December 2019

Sneak peak for January's challenge: To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction.
Last edited by Pazuzu on Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Pazuzu wrote:No votes yet?!
Whoops. I have not been paying attention over the festive period.

Vote G

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Sorry, almost forgot about it with the holidays. And maybe it's the Christmas spirit, but it's hard to vote for only 1 entry, as clearly everyone put some really nice effort in the cards, and there's really not a bad entry in there.

But in the end I Vote B, I love that Temporal Vortex card and nice combination of cards.

Was also tempted to vote A, as I do love the concept of a boutique product, but the Klingon, Romulan and Ferengi ship seemed a bit powerful,

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Vote D.

I remember doing a similar Dream Card for something years ago, so it struck a chord with me.

Happy New Year everyone! :cheersL:

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]