For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Some of these cards used revised mechanics (e.g. events requiring Drones instead of simply [Bor] personnel to play, as Dissident Borg shouldn't necessarily be able to use assimilation tactics). Others are intended as direct replacements for existing cards.

Dilemmas
[S] 3 Interplexing Beacon
Unless you have Officer, Programming, and Cunning >24 or Leadership, Security, and Str > 24 each opponent may download a nonunique [Bor] ship and/or up to four nonunique Drones.
"It's a subspace transmitter. If they activate the beacon they'll be able to establish a link with the Borg living in this century."
Events
[Evt] 5 •Adaptation
Plays in your core. While facing a dilemma, each of your non-Dissident Borg is attributes +1 for each dilemma beneath that mission. When you fail a mission attempt at a mission during which your non-Dissident Borg faced at least one dilemma, the opponent to your left places the top card of their dilemma pile beneath that mission.
[Evt] 3 •Assimilation Bays
Capture. Plays in your core. When you win combat or an engagement involving your Drone, randomly select an opponent's personnel involved to be placed in your brig.
Order - Stop your Engineer Drone and your Medical Drone to place a personnel in your brig at your Unicomplex. (You now command that personnel.)
[Evt] •1 Biological Distinctiveness
Plays in your core. Your non-Dissident Borg are attributes +1 for each species of personnel you command in addition to Borg.
[Evt] 5 •Power Distribution Nodes
Plays in your core. Your [Bor] ships require an additional damage card to destroy them. When you are about to to pay the cost of a card you own by losing 5 points or discarding the top card of your deck, you may stop your Drone instead.
"Projections suggest that a Borg ship like this one could continue to function effectively even if seventy eight percent of it was inoperable."
[Evt] 1 •Resistance Is Futile
To play this event, you must command three Drones. Plays in your core. When you lose combat or an engagement involving your Drone, you may place a card from your discard pile on the bottom of your deck. That card must be Abduction, an Assault card, or a Maneuver card.
[Evt] •1 Technological Distinctiveness
Plays in your core. Equipment cards in your core are present with each of your non-Dissident Borg.
Order - Stop your Engineer Drone to download a non-unique equipment card that costs 1 or less.
Order - Stop your Medical Drone to move an equipment you command to your core.
Order - Stop your Security Drone to take command to take command of an equipment present that you do not own.
[Evt] 5 •The Hive Mind
To play this event, you must command three Drones. Plays in your core. Each of your non-Dissident Borg gains Telepathy and is Integrity +1.
Order - Stop your your staffed [Bor] ship to remove a Damage card an opponent owns from that ship.
Interrupts
[Int] Borg Tractor Beam
Maneuver. When an opponent's ship present with your staffed [Bor] ship would be destroyed and/or has no personnel that you do not command aboard, remove 1 damage card from that ship and take command of it. (It becomes [Bor] .)
Order - Begin an engagement involving your [Bor] ship. If you win, choose an opponent's ship involved to be Range 0 until the start of your next turn.
Missions
A bunch of these are 50-point [Bor] AQ missions, for synergy with the various Borg mission-dependent cards.
[S] •Assimilate Biological Distinctiveness
[AQ] 50
2 Anthropology, 2 Biology, Exobiology, Navigation, Security, and Strength>48
While this mission is complete, your Borg Queen gains all skills on each personnel you command but do not own.
"Such a noble creature... a quality we sometimes lack. We will add your distinctiveness to our own"
[Bor]
Span 2
[S] •Assimilate Technological Distinctiveness
[DQ] 50
Astrometrics, 2 Engineer, Navigation, Physics, 2 Programming, and Cunning>48
While this mission is complete, for each non-personnel card you command but do not own your ships are attributes +1 and you may spend 1 additional counter each turn.
Galactic Cluster 3: "The Borg assimilated this technology in Galactic Cluster 3 from Species 259... Galactic Cluster 3 is a transmaterial energy plane intersecting 22 billion omnicordial life-forms."
[Bor]
Span 2
[P] •Earth, Assimilate Humanity
[AQ] 50
Borg Queen, (Locutus or a personnel you do not own), Cunning>50 and Strength>50
Region: Sector 001. While this mission is complete, you may play [E] cards, [Fed] cards, and [SF] cards here from any opponent's discard pile (as though those cards were in your hand). Whenever you lose command of one of those cards, that card's owner may choose to remove it from the game.
Earth: "You don't know what it's like in our universe. The Federation's gone! The Borg is everywhere! We're one of the last ships left. Please… you've got to help us!"
[Bor]
Span 2
Ideally there would be a Borg version of each other headquarters mission, possibly with an "Assimilation" keyword ("Assimilation. (Before your first turn, if no opponent commands a headquarters mission with this mission's title you may exchange this mission with a different Assimilation mission.)").
[P] •Nudios, Reestablish Neural Cooperative
[AQ] 40
2 Anthropology, Biology, Exobiology, Security, and Cunning>38
Region: Nekrit Expanse. You cannot complete this mission if your [Bor] non-Dissident personnel is on this planet. While this mission is complete, your [Bor] Dissidents and [NA] Borg gain Telepathy and are attributes +1.
Nudios: "We're not Borg anymore. We've learned from our past."
[Bor] [Fed] [NA]
Span 2
Revising Reestablish Neural Cooperative.
[S] •Transwarp Hub, Destroy Transwarp Network
[DQ] 50
2 Engineer, Exobiology, Navigation, Physics, Programming, Security, and Cunning>48
When you complete this mission, you may unstop all of your personnel here and move all of your ships here to your headquarters mission. (No Range is required or used.)
Grid 986: "You thought it might be a way home. You were right. I've come to tell you to take Voyager back to that nebula."
Any affiliation (except [Bor]) may attempt this mission.
Span 2
Splitting Destroy Transwarp Hub into more elegant versions for the two opposing sides (as should be done with all "You may attempt and complete this mission for _ points using your _ personnel with these requirements...", IMHO).
[S] •Transwarp Hub, Protect Transwarp Network
[DQ] 50
Astrometrics, Engineer, Leadership, Physics, Programming, 2 Security, and Strength>48
At the start of your first turn, you may download up to three copies of Transwarp Conduit and place them in your discard pile. When you complete this mission, you may add up to three copies of Transwarp Conduit from your discard pile to your hand.
Grid 986: "It allows the Collective to deploy vessels almost anywhere…"
[Bor]
Span 2
[H] •Unicomplex, Perfected Metropolis
[DQ] 0
You may play [Bor] non-Dissident cards and equipment at this mission.
You cannot command another Headquarters mission. Personnel you command but do not own gain Drone and are Borg in addition to their printed species. Personnel and ships you command but do not own become [Bor].
Unimatrix One: A massive structure in the heart of Borg space, it is from here that the Borg Queen typically controls the vast resources of the Collective.
Borg Headquarters
Span 2
Almost purely a flavour fix.
[H] •Unicomplex, Unimatrix Zero
[DQ] 0
You may play [Bor] Dissidents, [Bor] ships, and equipment at this mission.
You cannot command another Headquarters mission. While each of your missions is a [DQ] mission, cards an opponent owns cannot prevent or destroy copies of The New Resistance or Unimatrix Zero that you own.
Unimatrix One: The Unimatrix Zero rebels are everywhere, even in the heart of Borg territory.
Borg Headquarters
Span 2
At this point, why not?

Personnel
[Bor] 2 Assimilated Ferengi
[Stf] Borg/Ferengi
•Acquisition •Treachery
Drone. While you command Unicomplex and any opponent commands Ferenginar, this personnel is owned by each opponent that commands Ferenginar. (You command but do not own this personnel.)
"ORIGIN: Species 180. Ferengi."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 4
[Bor] 2 Assimilated Human
[Stf] Borg/Human
•Diplomacy •Honour
Drone. While you command Unicomplex and any opponent commands Earth, this personnel is owned by each opponent that commands Earth. (You command but do not own this personnel.)
"ORIGIN: Species 5618. Human."
Integrity 6 Cunning 5 Strength 5
[Bor] 3 Assimilated Klingon
[Cmd] Borg/Klingon
•Honour •Law •Leadership •Officer
Drone. While you command Unicomplex and any opponent commands Qo'noS, this personnel is owned by each opponent that commands Qo'noS. (You command but do not own this personnel.)
"ORIGIN: Species 6001. Klingon."
Integrity 6 Cunning 5 Strength 6
[Bor] 2 Assimilated Romulan
[Stf] Borg/Romulan
•Intelligence •Treachery
Drone. While you command Unicomplex and any opponent commands Romulus, this personnel is owned by each opponent that commands Romulus. (You command but do not own this personnel.)
"ORIGIN: Species 7685. Romulan."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 5
[Bor] •7 Borg Queen, Unique
[Cmd] Borg
•3 Leadership
Commander: Borg Queen's Cube. While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may meet Acquisition, Diplomacy, Honour, Intelligence, Law, Officer, Telepathy, and Treachery requirements of that dilemma using Leadership instead.
"I am the Borg."
Integrity 4 Cunning 8 Strength 6
[Bor] 4 •Hugh, Third Of Five
[Cmd] Borg
•Astrometrics •Engineer •Honour •Leadership •Navigation •Programming
Dissident. Drone. Each of your other Borg present is Integrity +1.
Order - This personnel loses either Dissident or Drone. This effect lasts until this order is executed again.
"We are Hugh."
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 6
[Bor] 2 Medical Drone
[Stf] Borg
•Engineering •Medical
Drone. When you play this personnel, you may download up to two cards. Those cards must be Biological Distinctiveness, Recover Components, or Regeneration Alcoves.
"TASK: Process assimilated lifeforms. Maintain."
Integrity 5 Cunning 5 Strength 5
[Bor] 2 Tactical Drone
[Stf] Borg
•Navigation •Security
Drone. When you play this personnel, you may download up to two cards. Those cards must be Abduction, Expand The Collective, or Overrun.
"TASK: Calculate stratagems. Execute."
Integrity 5 Cunning 5 Strength 5
Ships
[Bor] 7 •Tactical Cube 138
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Cube
Your [Cmd] personnel aboard this ship are its corresponding Commanders. Each player ignores the game text of each of your opponents' non- [Voy] ships at this mission.
"This is a class four tactical vessel, heavily armed. The central plexus is protected by multi-regenerative security grids. We'd be detected long before we could reach it."
Range 11 Weapons 14 Shields 13
[Bor] 4 Borg Probe
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Probe
"A VESSEL HAS BEEN DETECTED. UNIMATRIX FOUR TWO FOUR GRID ONE ONE SIX. ACTIVATE. ALTER COURSE TO INTERCEPT."
Range 8 Weapons 8 Shields 7
Extras
[Equ] 3 •Comm Badges
While your staffed ship is at this mission, each of your personnel at this mission is attributes +1.
[Equ] 1 •Command Codes
Each of your Officer personnel present gains Programming.
[Equ] 1 •Command Pips
Each of your Officer personnel present gains Leadership.
[Equ] 1 Dermal Regenerator
Each of your Medical personnel present gains Anthropology.
[Equ] 1 Pattern Enhancer
Each of your Engineer personnel present gains Transporters.
[Equ] 1 Stellar Cartography PADD
Each of your Astrometrics personnel present gains Navigation.
[Evt] 2 •Insurrection
To play this event, you must command three Dissidents and/or Infiltrators. Plays in your core. You have 1 fewer counters to spend during each of your Play and Draw Cards segments. When a personnel that the player on your right commands begins a mission attempt, you may choose one: draw an extra dilemma; or, spend one extra in total cost on dilemmas.
[Evt] 1 Launch Probe
Plays on a mission with your Astrometrics personnel at that mission.
Order - Destroy this event to examine each card aboard a ship at this mission or each card on this planet.
[Evt] 2 Interstellar Commerce
Plays on your mission requiring Acquisition or Geology (limit one per mission). You may spend an additional counter each turn.
Last edited by rferries on Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Have you been working a long time on this?

For me: Learning more about 2e, dream card style... educational and fun. Especially when [Bor] . These 2 things stuck out for me:
Not a real 2e question, but anyway. How do you explain the working of this card? (From skin healing to cultural knowledge and psychological insight? I might have chosen a PADD, but of course that's been used a lot. So -- nice idea to pick another implement. But why a DR?)
[Bor] 3 •Hugh, Third Of Five
[Cmd] Borg
Order - This personnel loses either Dissident or Drone. This effect lasts until this order is executed again.
"We are Hugh."
I love having more cards of Hugh, of course. But isn't this card really strong for only 3 counters? If not, why not?

Actually, when looking it up, I seem to feel great diversity in power levels of cost-3 :borg: personnel. Is there a hidden drawback to the skill-laden ones, or a hidden advantage to ❖ 2-skill drones, or another element of equalization that I'm missing?
(An answer is also appreciated when it's general for 2e.)
Last edited by SudenKapala on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Have you been working a long time on this?
Not too long, thankfully! Occasionally inspiration strikes and I churn out a bunch at a time haha. The formatting is the really time-consuming part.
For me: Learning more about 2e, dream card style... educational and fun. Especially when [Bor] . These 2 things stuck out for me:
Not a real 2e question, but anyway. How do you explain the working of this card? (From skin healing to cultural knowledge and psychological insight? I might have chosen a PADD, but of course that's been used a lot. So -- nice idea to pick another implement. But why a DR?)
It's a rather boring story - I was planning a full set of nonunique equipment granting skills to Engineering/Medical/Science personnel (along the lines of Hypospray, Engineering Kit, Science PADD etc). However that got kind of muddled and I just threw Anthropology in with Medical... rationalised it as DR's being used in some episodes for creating various alien disguises/restoring people's appearance (probably fits Diplomacy better than Anthropology haha).
[Bor] 3 •Hugh, Third Of Five
[Cmd] Borg
"We are Hugh."
I love having more cards of Hugh, of course. But isn't this card really strong for only 3 counters? If not, why not?

Actually, when looking it up, I seem to feel great diversity in power levels of cost-3 :borg: personnel. Is there a hidden drawback to the skill-laden ones, or a hidden advantage to ❖ 2-skill drones, or another element of equalization that I'm missing?
(An answer is also appreciated when it's general for 2e.)
Good point, I've edited him to cost 4. There's a great deal of variance in costing (especially for unique personnel), but 3 was still probably too cheap. Bareil Antos, Esteemed Vedek is probably the closest comparison.
Last edited by rferries on Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
rationalised it as DR's being used in some episodes for creating various alien disguises/restoring people's appearance (probably fits Diplomacy better than Anthropology haha).
Not a boring story at all. Rather, exactly what I was looking for. With a fitting picture of somebody getting a disguise of different skin and ears (I vote for Miles as a Klingon, if there's a scene where that's being done), that would feel quite naturally, as Trek AND game logic go. :thumbsup:
I just didn't know they used the DR for that, too! But makes sense. :thumbsup: :cheersL:
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]