For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome to the seventh season of the monthly Thematic Challenges! For those who are new to this, this challenge was started in 2011 by MattgomeryScott and was rebooted by me in 2019. Every month I will announce a topic or theme and everyone may create a dream card during that month and post it in the month's thread. Voting will be done during the next month. Everyone is invited to join and we appreciate every single submission. At the end of the year, there will be a little bit more demanding challenge and we will announce the overall winner of the season.

This season I would like to give polls a try to vote for the entries. I hope we will get some more votes and overall participation. And as always, feel free to contact me as I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve this.

ENTRIES FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE
None

SCOREBOARD
Empty

PRIZE POOL
TBD

THEMATIC CHALLENGE VII 01: The Greatest Minds
Sir Isaac Newton's birthday was on 4th January and there are already some cards around the most genius persons from Earth on the game, but I think it would be a good start for this season to enhance this list. Create a Star Trek CCG (First Edition, Second Edition or Tribbles) based on any famous genius from the history of Earth. The most obvious way to do this is by creating new [Holo] -personnel cards, but I do not want to limit it. Be free of how such a card might look like.

DEADLINE 31st January 2020

List of Historic Personnel cards
Sir Isaac Newton
Albert Einstein
Stephen Hawking
Leonardo da Vinci 1E/2E
Sigmund Freud 1E/2E
Samuel Clemens

Sneak peak for January's challenge: We have been hailing Starbase 612 ever since we received the USS Premonition's warnings about the Borg.
Last edited by Pazuzu on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The obvious temptation is to do Einstein (3 Physics, Science, etc... the card writes itself!), but "genius" is a term that can apply to the Arts as well as the Sciences.
[NA] •4 Samuel Clemens, Mark Twain
[E] [Pa] Human
•Acquisition •2 Anthropology •Diplomacy •Geology •Honour •Navigation •Science
While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may meet Law and Treachery requirements of that dilemma using Anthropology instead.
"Young lady, I come from a time when men achieve power and wealth by standing on the backs of the poor, where prejudice and intolerance are commonplace and power is an end unto itself, and you're telling me that isn't how it is anymore?!"
Integrity 6 Cunning 7 Strength 4
Although the TNG crew come from a time far beyond his understanding, Twain holds his own against them in a battle of wits and is instrumental in their secret plot to foil the Devidians.

EDIT: Revised him after reading about him a bit more (apparently was a miner, inventor, sailor, and businessman at various points in his life).
Last edited by rferries on Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:

[Evt] 2 *The Great Bird of the Galaxy

Plays on your incomplete planet mission (limit one per mission.)
This mission is worth 10 more points. At the start of each player's turn, that player moves this event to a different planet mission.

Mythical creature said to have created this and many other universes. Has visited many worlds, including Earth, Betazed and Caitian. Fond of roddenberrys and reconstituted meatloaf. "May the great bird of the galaxy bless your planet!"

Notes:

When I saw this challenge, I knew there was only one genius I wanted to represent. A man without whom none of us would be here today. I speak, of course, of “The Great Bird of the Galaxy” and creator of Star Trek, Gene Roddenberry.

His fondness for 'roddenberrys' probably needs no explanation, but reconstituted meatloaf may be more surprising, unless you're familiar with Gene Roddenberry's only on screen appearance in Star Trek, as the voice of the USS Enterprise galley chef in “Charlie X.”

He visited many worlds, but the ones I highlight all have one thing, or should I say one person, in common. His second wife Majel Barret-Roddenberry's roles in TOS, TNG and TAS respectively.

And the final line (and the gametext) comes from a line Sulu said to Yeoman Rand in “The Man Trap.” He really does bless the planets he visits.

As for the image, it's an Okudagram from the TNG episode “The Naked Now.”
Pazuzu wrote:Sneak peak for January's challenge: We have been hailing Starbase 612 ever since we received the USS Premonition's warnings about the Borg.
"I've seen that ship before..."

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I started a list of already existing cards of famous genius historic characters. I would be happy to receive some feedback from Second Edition and any missing ones.

My entry:
[NA] Galileo Galilei
[Holo] SCIENCE
Holographical recreation of 17th century father of modern science and scientific methods. Born in 1564 in Pisa, Italy. Condemned by the Catholic Church but redeemed in the 20th century.
[SD] SCIENCE [SD] ENGINEER [SD] Physics
[SD] Astrophysics [SD] Stellar Cartography [SD] Honor x2
[DL] Scientific Method (as an interrupt)
Integrity: 10 Cunning: 11 Strength: 4
I would have done Alexander Fleming, but unfortunately, there are no bacteria dilemmas available to nullify.
Last edited by Pazuzu on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Pazuzu wrote:I started a list of already existing cards of famous historic characters. I would be happy to receive some feedback from Second Edition and any missing ones.
2E has a da Vinci but that's about it.

EDIT: We also have a Freud.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Because it was the big guy's b'day...
[NA] (2) •Isaac Newton, Natural Philosopher
Human
[Pa]
•Anthropology •Astrometrics •Biology •2 Physics •2 Science
Q.
To play this personnel, you must discard a Q card from your hand.
One of the most influential scientists of all time, who without Q, would have died forgotten in a debtor's prison, a suspect in several prostitute murders.
INT 5 CUN 7 STR 4

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Int] Greta Thunberg
Human child from Stockholm, Sweden. She fought for environmental rights in the 21st century. A revolutionary to some, revolting to others.
Play to nullify a dilemma that has lore with "environment", "environmental", "hazard", or "hazardous" OR play to "stop" any one personnel present with your Youth personnel.
~D

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
[Fed] Sun Tzu
[Holo] [OFFICER]
Recreation of Famed Chinese General and Military Genius. His book, The Art of War, is required reading at Starfleet Academy.
[SD] Leadership x2 [SD] SECURITY [SD] Law
[DL] Any Tactic [DL] Wartime Conditions
Integrity 7 Cunning 9 Strength 7

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[SF] (5) I.S.S. Trump, Very Stable
[Cmd] [Cmd]
[Pa] [AU] New York Class
When you are about to place a card in your discard pile, remove it from the game instead. At the end of your turn, you may take a card in your discard pile into hand.
Warship named after the first dynasty of the United Earth Empire.
R:6 W:6 S:6

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:[SF] (5) I.S.S. Trump, Very Stable
[Cmd] [Cmd]
[Pa] [AU] New York Class
When you are about to place a card in your discard pile, remove it from the game instead. At the end of your turn, you may take a card in your discard pile into hand.
:lol:

Between you and Hoodie, it's fairly clear that I'm taking this month's challenge way too seriously.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Naetor wrote:[SF] (5) I.S.S. Trump, Very Stable
[Cmd] [Cmd]
[Pa] [AU] New York Class

Between you and Hoodie, it's fairly clear that I'm taking this month's challenge way too seriously.
Create a Star Trek CCG (First Edition, Second Edition or Tribbles) based on any famous genius from the history of Earth.
The most famous stable genius in Earth's history should count, no?

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:
Armus wrote:

Create a Star Trek CCG (First Edition, Second Edition or Tribbles) based on any famous genius from the history of Earth.
The most famous stable genius in Earth's history should count, no?
8) 8)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[NA](3) •Genghis Khan, Brutal Emperor
Human, [Cmd] [Pa]
2 Leadership, 2 Security, 2 Treachery
At the start of your turn you may shuffle your event into your deck to download an Assault or Maneuver event and place it in your core.
"Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.”
Integrity 2 Cunning 5 Strength 7

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]