For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

Vote for the Winner of January's Challenge "The Greatest Minds"

Samuel Clemens, Mark Twain
11%
The Great Bird of the Galaxy
No votes
0%
Galileo Galilei
No votes
0%
Isaac Newton, Natural Philosopher
33%
Greta Thunberg
22%
Sun Tzu
No votes
0%
I.S.S. Trump, Very Stable
33%
Genghis Khan, Brutal Emperor
No votes
0%

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
INTRODUCTION
Welcome to the seventh season of the monthly Thematic Challenges! For those who are new to this, this challenge was started in 2011 by MattgomeryScott and was rebooted by me in 2019. Every month I will announce a topic or theme and everyone may create a dream card during that month and post it in the month's thread. Voting will be done during the next month. Everyone is invited to join and we appreciate every single submission. At the end of the year, there will be a little bit more demanding challenge and we will announce the overall winner of the season.

This season I would like to give polls a try to vote for the entries. I hope we will get some more votes and overall participation as everyone is free to vote.

And as always, feel free to contact me as I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve this.

ENTRIES FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE: The Greatest Minds
  1. [NA] (4) •Samuel Clemens, Mark Twain
    [E] [Pa] Human
    [SD] Acquisition [SD] 2 Anthropology [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Geology [SD] Honour [SD] Navigation [SD] Science
    While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may meet Law and Treachery requirements of that dilemma using Anthropology instead.
    "Young lady, I come from a time when men achieve power and wealth by standing on the backs of the poor, where prejudice and intolerance are commonplace and power is an end unto itself, and you're telling me that isn't how it is anymore?!"
    Integrity 6 Cunning 7 Strength 4
  2. [Evt] (2) •The Great Bird of the Galaxy
    Plays on your incomplete planet mission (limit one per mission.)
    This mission is worth 10 more points. At the start of each player's turn, that player moves this event to a different planet mission.
    Mythical creature said to have created this and many other universes. Has visited many worlds, including Earth, Betazed and Caitian. Fond of roddenberrys and reconstituted meatloaf. "May the great bird of the galaxy bless your planet!"
  3. [NA] Galileo Galilei
    [Holo] SCIENCE
    Holographical recreation of 17th century father of modern science and scientific methods. Born in 1564 in Pisa, Italy. Condemned by the Catholic Church but redeemed in the 20th century.
    [SD] SCIENCE [SD] ENGINEER [SD] Physics [SD] Astrophysics [SD] Stellar Cartography [SD] Honor x2 [DL] Scientific Method (as an interrupt)
    Integrity 10 Cunning 11 Strength 4
  4. [NA] (2) •Isaac Newton, Natural Philosopher
    Human [Pa]
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Astrometrics [SD] Biology [SD] 2 Physics [SD] 2 Science
    Q. To play this personnel, you must discard a Q card from your hand.
    One of the most influential scientists of all time, who without Q, would have died forgotten in a debtor's prison, a suspect in several prostitute murders.
    Integrity 5 Cunning 7 Strength 4
  5. [Int] Greta Thunberg
    Human child from Stockholm, Sweden. She fought for environmental rights in the 21st century. A revolutionary to some, revolting to others.
    Play to nullify a dilemma that has lore with "environment", "environmental", "hazard", or "hazardous" OR play to "stop" any one personnel present with your Youth personnel.
  6. [Fed] Sun Tzu
    [Holo] OFFICER
    Recreation of Famed Chinese General and Military Genius. His book, The Art of War, is required reading at Starfleet Academy.
    [SD] Leadership x2 [SD] SECURITY [SD] Law [DL] Any Tactic [DL] Wartime Conditions
    Integrity 7 Cunning 9 Strength 7
  7. [SF] (5) I.S.S. Trump, Very Stable
    [Cmd] [Cmd]
    [Pa] [AU] New York Class
    When you are about to place a card in your discard pile, remove it from the game instead. At the end of your turn, you may take a card in your discard pile into hand.
    Warship named after the first dynasty of the United Earth Empire.
    Range 6 Weapons 6 Shields 6
  8. [NA] (3) •Genghis Khan, Brutal Emperor
    Human [Cmd] [Pa]
    [SD] 2 Leadership [SD] 2 Security [SD] 2 Treachery
    At the start of your turn you may shuffle your event into your deck to download an Assault or Maneuver event and place it in your core.
    "Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.”
    Integrity 2 Cunning 5 Strength 7

SCOREBOARD
Empty

PRIZE POOL
TBD

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES
January 2020: The Greatest Minds

THEMATIC CHALLENGE VII 01: ARMADA
From the beginning the Star Trek franchise had great computer games like 25th Anniversary, Judgment Rites or the almost cinematic Starfleet Academy. Twenty years ago, on 29th February, Activision released Star Trek: Armada in a time where strategy games were very popular. To boost both games, Activision and Decipher created a promo card, the U.S.S. Jupiter, which was included in the computer game's box set. To celebrate the anniversary of this computer game, create a Star Trek CCG card for any edition from the video game Star Trek: Armada.

DEADLINE 29th February 2020

Sneak peak for Februar's challenge: I don't believe in the no-win scenario.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  

[Bor] 7 •Tactical Cube 138
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Tactical Cube
To play this ship, you must command a [Cmd] personnel.
While this ship is staffed, each player ignores the game text of each of your opponents' non- [Voy] ships at this mission.
"This is a class four tactical vessel, heavily armed. The central plexus is protected by multi-regenerative security grids. We'd be detected long before we could reach it."
Range 11 Weapons 14 Shields 13
Tried to make a Fusion Cube, but there aren't enough CCG cubes in print to make it work thematically (need 8 of them haha). A revamped version of U.S.S Enterprise-E, Royal Refuge as that ship apparently doesn't see much use.

Bonus: the generic version, following the Sphere - Cube - Tactical Cube progression for cost vs stats.
[Bor] 7 Tactical Cube
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Tactical Cube
The tactical cube differed from the standard Borg cube in several ways, the most notable being the extensive hull armor that covered large portions of the exterior hull of the ship.
Range 11 Weapons 14 Shields 13
Last edited by rferries on Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Bor] Sela
[1E-AU]
Half Human, half Romulan admiral who allies with the Borg promising the particle after they destroy Toral's remaining forces.
[SD] V.I.P. [SD] Leadership [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Youth
[SD] May download Omega Particle after defeating any Klingon ship (once per game).

Integrity: 3 Cunning: 9 Strength: 7
~D

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[S]Temporal Research Facility, Develop Temporal Weapons
[AQ] (35)
Intelligence, 2 Physics, Security, and Cunning>34
When you complete this mission, you may destroy any number of Temporal events in your core. If the total cost of those events was 7 or more, you may take an additional turn after this one.
[Fed]
(3)

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Inc] Strong Alliance
[RC]
Plays on table; you may download U.S.S. Avenger. Once each turn, your [1E-DS9] [Fed] or [1E-DS9] [Kli] Honor personnel may report (for free) aboard your U.S.S. Avenger and you may draw a card. Once per game, your personnel abroad your U.S.S. Avenger may use Honor as if it were any other regular skill (lasts until end of turn). Nullified if you have any Treachery personnel abroad your U.S.S. Avenger.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Alright, let's get weird.

[S] Neutral Space, Prelude to War
[AQ] 30
Any attribute>32, and total Weapons at this mission>10
Multiplayer game only. When a player completes a mission with this title, flip this card.
[Bor] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
Span 3
<front side>

[S] Dark Omens
[AQ] 30
Anthropology, Officer, Telepathy and Integrity>32
When this side is revealed, each player may download a temporal event and place it in his or her core (if able).
[Bor] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
Span 3
<back side: alternate 1>

[S] Unholy Alliances
[AQ] 30
Diplomacy, Intelligence, Treachery, and Cunning>32
Each player may play a personnel of an affiliation they do not command at their headquarters mission.
[Bor] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
Span 3
<back side: alternate 2>

[S] To the Gates of Sto'vo'kor
[AQ] 30
Honor, Law, Security, and Strength>32
When a player wins combat, he or she may download a damage marker and place it on a ship at that mission. When a player wins an engagement, he or she may kill a personnel not involved in that engagement at that mission.
[Bor] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
Span 3
<back side: alternate 3>

[S] The Alpha and the Omega
[AQ] 30
Acquisition, Astrometrics, Physics and all attributes>32
When this side is revealed, each player discards their hand and draws 7 cards.
[Bor] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
Span 3
<back side: alternate 4>

Basically each player plays with 1 of 4 different versions. The front side is the same for everyone, and the back side remains hidden but gets revealed when anyone solves the front.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:

[Fed] 7 *U.S.S. Premonition, Last Best Hope

[Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]

[Fut] [TNG] Premonition class

Temporal. To staff this ship, you must have a [Fed] Engineer personnel aboard.
When an engagement or mission attempt is about to end, if this ship is staffed and at that mission you may discard a copy of this ship from hand to choose one - unstop each personnel and ship at this mission, or stop each personnel and ship at this mission.

"I've seen that ship before..."

Range: 9, Weapons: 7, Shields: 9

Notes:

As it appears to be based off the Sovereign class I've used that as a basis for the attributes and staffing - though dropped the weapons a couple of points on the basis the power for the time drive has to come from somewhere. It's an experimental ship and even the captain was an engineer so gave it a similar staffing restriction to the [Dom] Defiant.

As for the ability, the Premonition went back in time to prevent a disaster and also could freeze time for a short period, which I've tried to represent in the ability. As it triggers off any engagement or mission attempt you can also use it offensively or defensively, depending on the situation. But it's a powerful ability, which the requirement to discard a copy of the U.S.S. Premonition to use should help to balance.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Spock of Borg
Assimilated Counterpart who spoke to the Alpha Quadrant in an alternate universe "The knowledge and experience of the Vulcan Diplomat - Spock - is part of us now.
[1E-AU]
[SCC]
[SCN]
[SCD]
[SD] Diplomacy x2 [SD] SCIENCE [SD] Honor [SD] V.I.P.
[SD] May serve as a matching Counterpart for your
Assimilate Homeworld targeting an Alpha Quadrant Mission

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt](0) Starbase 612
Plays on your [Fed] mission. Ships are cost -1. If you command a Federation Headquarters mission, you may play [Fed] ships at this mission at cost +1.
"Starfleet base located in the Beta Quadrant that was attacked by the Borg in 2376."

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:Alright, let's get weird.

[AQ] 30
Multiplayer game only. When a player completes a mission with this title, flip this card.
[Bor] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
Span 3
<front side>

Basically each player plays with 1 of 4 different versions. The front side is the same for everyone, and the back side remains hidden but gets revealed when anyone solves the front.
I just realised - shouldn't this specify "When another player..." or "When you flip this card, return all dilemmas under it to their owner's dilemma pile"? Otherwise you could complete it, then complete the flip side with ease due to all the dilemmas under it from your first success.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
rferries wrote:
Naetor wrote:Alright, let's get weird.

[AQ] 30
[Bor] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
Span 3
<front side>

I just realised - shouldn't this specify "When another player..." or "When you flip this card, return all dilemmas under it to their owner's dilemma pile"? Otherwise you could complete it, then complete the flip side with ease due to all the dilemmas under it from your first success.
I don't think the rules on solving a mission that flips has been established. The only one has been a HQ. So I'm just going to assume the rule is that you can only solve one card.

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]