For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each entry (after the first) will require an accompanying vote. Each contestant can vote for any of the previous week’s entries (including their own).

Let's get the ball rolling. This week’s contest is...

Card #21!

As this is the first to be decided, it can be anything. In previous sets, a card appearing between half and two-thirds of the way down has typically been...
  • a [Baj] personnel
  • a [Bor] personnel
  • a [Car] personnel
  • a [Dom] personnel
  • a [Fed] personnel
However, like I said, it could be any card type, and its type will influence those surrounding it.

Closing date: 23rd March(ish - I'll see how the entries come in, and if an extension's required/requested, we'll take it from there.)

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Bor] 4 •Tuvok, Three of Twelve
[Cmd] Borg
•Intelligence •Law •Officer •Security •Treachery
Drone.
Order - Name a keyword and begin combat involving this personnel. If you win, randomly select an opponent's personnel involved who has that keyword and take command of him or her. You may do this only once each turn.
"My designation is Three of Twelve."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 9
From Dark Frontier, after he succumbs to the Collective. Now the former intelligence agent/security chief helps you against Assassins, Criminals, Dissidents, Infiltrators, Thieves, etc.
Last edited by rferries on Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
rferries wrote:From Dark Frontier, after he succumbs to the Collective. Now the former intelligence agent/security chief helps you against Assassins, Criminals, Dissidents, Infiltrators, Thieves, etc.
Going down both rabbit-holes at once? Nice :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:

[Bor] 2 *Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone

•Programming, •Science, •Security

Drone.
While this personnel is at your mission requiring Intelligence he gains Intelligence.
While this personnel is at your mission requiring Programming, you may attempt it.

TASK: Monitor encrypted communications. Decrypt.

Integrity: 5, Cunning: 5, Strength: 5

Notes: The word Decipher (when not being used for the company that created STCCG,) makes me think of codes and cryptography. So here's a Borg Drone who helps you decrypt codes being used locally (gains Intelligence,) but is not a spy himself (the mission has to require it.) And who also allows you to decrypt those mission icons (allowing you to attempt,) but only if there's computer technology of interest to the Collective (requires Programming.)

Even his designation is a code, though I'll let you figure that one out. :shifty:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Car](2) •Weyoun, Dangerous Liaison
Vorta, [Cmd]
Anthropology, Biology, Diplomacy, Intelligence, Law, Leadership, 2 Treachery
At the start of your turn, discard the top card of your deck.
"Your people, Damar? (...) We all serve the Founders and we will all make whatever sacrifices they deem necessary."
Integrity 2 Cunning 6 Strength 4

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
[Fed](2) •Pamela McKnight
Clued-in Helmsman

[Stf] Human
[TNG]

[SD] Astrometeics [SD] Navigation [SD] Officer
While facing a dilemma, this personnel is cost +2 and gains Acquisition and Intelligence
Descendant of many famous people, from game designers to secret agents. Somehow always comes up with a solution to the problem
Integrity 7 Cunning 7 Strength 4
---
I wanted to riff on McKnight because of the direct tie to Decipher, but also wanted her to be a TNG Skeleton Key dilemma buster. For example, she avoids In Development, takes care of Distraction solo, can get you past Rogue Borg Ambush, and with her lower strength, even gets Adopted Authority to go under. Unfortunately she's still vulnerable to Personal Duty but you can't have everything.
Last edited by Armus on Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Decipher is also the Art of Great Games, so I'm working a gaming theme in.
[Car] (2) •Elim Garak, Kotra Master
[Stf] [DS9]
[SD] Intelligence [SD] Security [SD] 2 Treachery
Assassin. When a card your opponent owns is about to destroy an Assault or Maneuver event you own, you must kill your [Car] or [DS9] personnel present to prevent that.
"I can't help thinking what a perfect metaphor this game is for our present situation. Two players, two minds, two strategies."
Integrity 1 Cunning 6 Strength 7

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] (3) •Kurlan Naiskos
Artifact. Decay: 3. You may play this event if you command a personnel with 2 Archaeology. Plays in your core. When this event is destroyed, place each dilemma here beneath your Archaeology mission (score 5 points if Avert Solar Implosion).
Order- Name a dilemma. Your opponent searches his or her dilemma pile for a copy of that card an places it on this event. You may do this only once each turn.
"I am currently on an expedition. A journey into an unexplored and historical territory, and I intend to take you with me."

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
[Fed] (4) •Weyoun, Hospitable Handler
Hologram
[E]
•Anthropology •Diplomacy •Intelligence •Security •Treachery
Order -
Remove this personnel from the game to randomly select an opponent's personnel present. If that personnel has Cunning<7, place them on your headquarters mission. (You now command that personnel.)
"Did they mistreat you? I don't see any bruises."
INT 3 CUN 6 STR 4

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Good haul of entries. Next one going up later!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:Oh, I'm dumb and didn't read all the instructions.

That's ok, you can copy/paste it into the next one :wink:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Naetor wrote:Oh, I'm dumb and didn't read all the instructions.
That's ok, you can copy/paste it into the next one :wink:
Huh. What did I miss?

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]

The deck qualifies, but the tournament currently[…]