For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

Vote for the Winner of February's Challenge "Armada"

Tactical Cube 138
No votes
0%
Sela
18%
Temporal Research Facility, Develop Temporal Weapons
36%
Strong Alliance
9%
Neutral Space, Prelude to War
18%
U.S.S. Premonition, Last Best Hope
9%
Spock of Borg
No votes
0%
Starbase 612
9%

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
INTRODUCTION
Welcome to the seventh season of the monthly Thematic Challenges! For those who are new to this, this challenge was started in 2011 by MattgomeryScott and was rebooted by me in 2019. Every month I will announce a topic or theme and everyone may create a dream card during that month and post it in the month's thread. Voting will be done during the next month. Everyone is invited to join and we appreciate every single submission. At the end of the year, there will be a little bit more demanding challenge and we will announce the overall winner of the season.

This season I would like to give polls a try to vote for the entries. I hope we will get some more votes and overall participation as everyone is free to vote.

And as always, feel free to contact me as I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve this.

ENTRIES FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE: Armada
  1. [Bor] (7) •Tactical Cube 138
    [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
    Tactical Cube
    To play this ship, you must command a [Cmd] personnel.
    While this ship is staffed, each player ignores the game text of each of your opponents' non- [Voy] ships at this mission.
    "This is a class four tactical vessel, heavily armed. The central plexus is protected by multi-regenerative security grids. We'd be detected long before we could reach it."
    Range 11 Weapons 14 Shields 13
  2. [Bor] Sela
    [1E-AU]
    Half Human, half Romulan admiral who allies with the Borg promising the particle after they destroy Toral's remaining forces.
    [SD] V.I.P. [SD] Leadership [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Youth
    [SD] May download Omega Particle after defeating any Klingon ship (once per game).
    Integrity 3 Cunning 9 Strength 7
  3. [S] •Temporal Research Facility, Develop Temporal Weapons
    [AQ] (35)
    Intelligence, 2 Physics, Security, and Cunning>34
    When you complete this mission, you may destroy any number of Temporal events in your core. If the total cost of those events was 7 or more, you may take an additional turn after this one.
    [Fed]
    (3)
  4. [Inc] Strong Alliance
    [RC]
    Plays on table; you may download U.S.S. Avenger. Once each turn, your [1E-DS9] [Fed] or [1E-DS9] [Kli] Honor personnel may report (for free) aboard your U.S.S. Avenger and you may draw a card. Once per game, your personnel abroad your U.S.S. Avenger may use Honor as if it were any other regular skill (lasts until end of turn). Nullified if you have any Treachery personnel abroad your U.S.S. Avenger.
  5. [S] Neutral Space, Prelude to War
    [AQ] 30
    Any attribute>32, and total Weapons at this mission>10
    Multiplayer game only. When a player completes a mission with this title, flip this card.
    [Bor] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
    Span 3
    <front side>

[S] Dark Omens
    [AQ] 30
    Anthropology, Officer, Telepathy and Integrity>32
    When this side is revealed, each player may download a temporal event and place it in his or her core (if able).
    [Bor] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
    Span 3
    <back side: alternate 1>

[S] Unholy Alliances
    [AQ] 30
    Diplomacy, Intelligence, Treachery, and Cunning>32
    Each player may play a personnel of an affiliation they do not command at their headquarters mission.
    [Bor] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
    Span 3
    <back side: alternate 2>

[S] To the Gates of Sto'vo'kor
    [AQ] 30
    Honor, Law, Security, and Strength>32
    When a player wins combat, he or she may download a damage marker and place it on a ship at that mission. When a player wins an engagement, he or she may kill a personnel not involved in that engagement at that mission.
    [Bor] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
    Span 3
    <back side: alternate 3>

[S] The Alpha and the Omega
    [AQ] 30
    Acquisition, Astrometrics, Physics and all attributes>32
    When this side is revealed, each player discards their hand and draws 7 cards.
    [Bor] [Fed] [Kli] [Rom]
    Span 3
    <back side: alternate 4>
  6. [Fed] (7) •U.S.S. Premonition, Last Best Hope
    [Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]
    [Fut] [TNG] Premonition class
    Temporal. To staff this ship, you must have a [Fed] Engineer personnel aboard.
    When an engagement or mission attempt is about to end, if this ship is staffed and at that mission you may discard a copy of this ship from hand to choose one - unstop each personnel and ship at this mission, or stop each personnel and ship at this mission.
    "I've seen that ship before..."
    Range 9 Weapons 7 Shields 9
  7. [Bor] Spock of Borg
    Assimilated Counterpart who spoke to the Alpha Quadrant in an alternate universe "The knowledge and experience of the Vulcan Diplomat - Spock - is part of us now.
    [1E-AU] [SCC] [SCN] [SCD]
    [SD] Diplomacy x2 [SD] SCIENCE [SD] Honor [SD] V.I.P.
    [SD] May serve as a matching Counterpart for your
    Assimilate Homeworld targeting an Alpha Quadrant Mission
  8. [Evt] (0) Starbase 612
    Plays on your [Fed] mission. Ships are cost -1. If you command a Federation Headquarters mission, you may play [Fed] ships at this mission at cost +1.
    "Starfleet base located in the Beta Quadrant that was attacked by the Borg in 2376."

ENTRIES FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE
  1. Isaac Newton, Natural Philosopher (3)
  2. I.S.S. Trump, Very Stable (3)
  3. Greta Thunberg (2)

SCOREBOARD
Naetor 3 (+3)
Danny 3 (+3)
HoodieDM 2 (+2)
MattgomeryScott0
Pazuzu 0
Armus 0
WeyounsLastClone 0

PRIZE POOL
TBD

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES
January 2020: The Greatest Minds
February 2020: Armada

THEMATIC CHALLENGE VII 03: Lady Crush
Create a Star Trek CCG card about James T. Kirk whos birthday is on 22th March 2233.

DEADLINE 31th March 2020

Sneak peak for April's challenge: DIY

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Fed] 3 •James T. Kirk, Starship Captain
[Cmd] [TOS] [Pa] Human
•Honor •2 Leadership •Officer
Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise.
Order - Choose Anthropology, Astrometrics, Engineering, Medical, Navigation, or Science and reveal your hand. If you do not command or reveal a unique [TOS] personnel with the chosen skill, download a unique [TOS] personnel with that skill. You may do this only once each turn.
"Captain Kirk, you and your crew have saved this planet from its own short-sightedness, and we are forever in your debt."
Integrity 7 Cunning 6 Strength 6
Allows you to assemble the TOS crew of Uhura, Sulu, Scotty, McCoy, Chekov, and Spock.
Last edited by rferries on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Fed] (3) •James T. Kirk, "Fletcher Christian"
Human
[Cmd] [TOS] [Pa] [E]
•Diplomacy •2 Honor •Leadership •Officer
Admiral. Commander: I.K.S. Qel'Poh.
When you complete this mission, you may place a [TOS] personnel from your discard pile aboard your ship at this mission. If you do, place this personnel in your opponent's brig.
"And like those mutineers of five hundred years ago, we too have a hard choice to make."
INT 7 CUN 6 STR 6
Last edited by Danny on Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I really need to start visiting the forums more again. Just not the same since I work somewhere that blocks it during the day!

Inspired by the end of Trek 09.

[Int] I Got Your Gun
Hand-to-hand combat is just as much about ingenuity and adaptation as it is martial skill. Those with enough training can often turn the tables on an armed opponent.
If your personnel with Cunning > 7 just engaged an adversary who is using a hand-weapon you may "steal" it (random selection) and use regardless of restrictions.

Oh also, Vote B.
Last edited by Cartagia on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Let's do 1E for a change.

My Entry:

[Fed] James T. Kirk (Star Trek: Generations.)

[1E-AU] Civilian

Within the Nexus the former Captain Kirk could make
right his past mistakes. Reunited with his lost love Antonia
and pet dog Butler. Skilled rider. Amateur cook.

[SD] Honour x2 [SD] May report beneath The Nexus (for free)
[SD] May cancel and re-select one random selection here. (Once per turn.)

Integrity: 8, Cunning: 9, Strength: 8

Notes:

While we already have a Kirk from later in Generations, this version represents him when he was trapped within the Nexus for 78 years. He's a Kirk whose happy to live a civilian life and put aside many of his skills as a Starfleet captain, though he's retained his sense of honour. The Nexus also gives him a second chance to do things differently, like random selections. With the ability to report directly to the Nexus he can essentially be reported to any planet (report him to The Nexus, then relocate to any planet.) Because he could be from any point during his time in the Nexus (as time has no meaning there,) he's a persona of both the 23rd Century Captain Kirk and the 24th Century James T. Kirk, and he's also now a cook (though perhaps not a good one, if he keeps burning those Ktarian eggs.) Finally he gets an extra point of strength because he's been chopping that wood for 78 years! ;-)

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[D] (5) Kobayashi Maru
When you draw this, remove it from the game. All your personnel are stopped.
"This is the Kobayashi Maru, ...nineteen periods out of Altair Six. We have struck a gravitic mine and have lost all power. ...Our hull is penetrated and we have sustained many casualties."

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[NA] Edith Keeler
Social worker in New York City, Earth in 1930. Saved by Dr. McCoy and created an alternate timeline. Romantically involved with James T. Kirk. Pacifist. Dreamer. Cook.
[1E-AU] CIVILIAN
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Honor [SD] Must volunteer for random selections (if applicable).
[SD] If with any Kirk, may be put on bottom of your draw deck to nullify an just encountered [1E-AU] dilemma.
Integrity 9 Cunning 7 Strength 5

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
[Evt](2) •Android Replicator

Plays in your core. When you play this event, name a unique personnel you command. You may play a second copy of that personnel, and their species becomes Android. If you lose command of this event, discard the Android copy.
Two Kirks are better than one...

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]