For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

What from last week gets your vote?

Encrypted PADD
14%
An Unexpected Journey
14%
Section 31
14%
Orb of the Emissary
No votes
0%
Springball Racket
14%
Encryption Codes
43%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.

Last week's winner...

Congratulations to MattgomeryScott and his •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone for becoming the first card to enter the set.
21. Eleven of Twenty-Three.JPG
21. Eleven of Twenty-Three.JPG (82.8 KiB) Viewed 1436 times

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #9...
[Equ] 2 *Encrypted PADD

Each of your Intelligence personnel present is Cunning +1.
Order: Name a skill (except Intelligence.) Each of your Intelligence personnel present gain that skill and cannot lose that skill (or Intelligence) while facing a dilemma. This effect lasts until this order is executed again.

Personal Access Display Device used by various intelligence agencies across the galaxy to store classified information. Features a biometric lock and advanced encryption technology.

Notes:

This is an idea I came up with a couple of years ago, but never really had anywhere to use it. Basically allows spies to access classified information (a skill,) and because it's encrypted they can't lose it to things like Psychokinetic Control or Its Thinking is Chaotic .

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
[Evt] (1) •An Unexpected Journey
Plays on your mission worth 30 points. When you play this, reveal 5 dilemmas from the top of your opponent's dilemma pile. Choose 3 different skills listed among those requirements, then return them. Replace this mission's requirements with those and Cunning >30. When you solve this mission, you may download an artifact and place it in your core or here. Cards an opponent owns may not prevent or remove this from play.
"Gran fat ari oo-mox?"
[D] 3 Section 31
Randomly select a personnel with Intelligence or 2 Honour or 2 Security or 2 Treachery to be stopped. If you cannot, your opponent chooses a personnel to be killed. If the opponent on your left commands Earth, this dilemma gains Persistent. (When your personnel complete this mission, this dilemma's owner may discard a non-personnel card from hand to return this dilemma to his or her dilemma pile.)
"Interesting, isn't it? The Federation claims to abhor Section 31's tactics, but when they need the dirty work done, they look the other way. It's a tidy little arrangement, wouldn't you say?"
[Equ] (2) •Orb of the Emissary
Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) Orb. Prophet. Your [Baj] Benjamin Sisko present gains "While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may destroy your Orb of the Emissary present to make him Integrity +5 and gain a skill of your choice until the end of that dilemma."
[Equ] (2) Springball Racket
Equipment
Order - Choose one: stop your [Baj] [DS9] personnel present to unstop your stopped Vedek present; or stop your Vedek present to unstop your stopped [Baj] [DS9] personnel present. You may do this only once each turn.
"I think I'll see if we can arrange a game... I'm terrible. But it will give me a chance to talk to him about supporting Shakaar in the Vedek Assembly."
[Equ] (1) Encryption Codes
When you download a card, you may stop your Programming personnel present and shuffle this equipment into your deck to download any card instead. If your Intelligence personnel is present, you don't have to show the card to your opponent.
This week’s contest is...

Card #33!

As one card above it has now been established, we know this card can't be anything before a Borg affiliated personnel. Anything below that is fair game. Just for guidance, from what's appeared in similar places in other sets, this would most likely be:
  • a [Rom] personnel
  • a [SF] personnel
  • any affiliated ship
Closing date: 9th April(ish - I'll see how the entries come in, and if an extension's required/requested, we'll take it from there).

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg)

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Bor] 7 •Locutus' Borg Cube, Unstoppable
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Cube
While this ship is at an opponent's mission and it is staffed, each non-headquarters mission you command is a [Bor] mission. While this ship's corresponding commander is aboard, each of your Drones gains Intelligence.
"The fight does not go well, Enterprise. We're attempting to withdraw and regroup. Rendezvous with fleet—"
Range 10 Weapons 12 Shields 11
Support for Locutus, Implacable Scourge, and uses Picard's knowledge of Starfleet to gain tactical advantages.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Car] (1) Nor
[Cmd] [Stf]
Nor
While you command Cardassia Prime, you may play this at a [Car] mission if no other Nor there. You may play [Car] or [NA] personnel or ships here. When this mission is solved, if it requires: Archaeology, download an artifact; Geology, take a card from your discard pile into hand; Law, place a personnel in opponent's hand in your brig; or Treachery, each player discards the top 5 cards of his or her deck.
"This isn't a starship, Major."
R:1 W:1 S:1

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Decided it was time to have a go at the suggested Keyword theme.

My Entry:

[Car] 6 *Aldara, In Pursuit

[Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]

When you win an engagement involving this ship, name a keyword. Randomly select an opponent's personnel involved with that keyword to be placed in your brig.
Order: Discard a Pursuit card from hand to begin an engagement involving this ship.

“Our time to intercept is two minutes, fourteen seconds...”

Range: 8, Weapons: 8, Shields: 8

Notes: This is very much a case of I had an idea for gametext, then found a story to fit. The Aldara was pursuing Bajoran terrorist (and Bajoran Resistance member) Tahna Los in DS9 “Past Prologue,” and might have captured him if not for those pesky Feds. So it seemed to fit my flyby keyword capture idea.

By my count this lets you target 31 different types of personnel, from broad categories like Drone or Gatherer, to specific ones like Kai or Praetor. You might even nab the ships Commander.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

P.S. Thanks to the people who voted for my entry from #1, "Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone," and Danny's wheel of fortune. :D For anyone still wondering, the code I hinted was in the name of this card is the numbers 1, 1, 2, 3 aka the first four digits of the Fibonacci Sequence, a mathematical sequence that is used in both computing and cryptography. :shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[SF](2) •Harris, Covert Operative
[Cmd] [Pa] Human
Anthopology, Intelligence, Law, Leadership, Officer
Order- Discard a card from hand to give a personnel present Intelligence and Treachery until the end of the turn (limit once per turn).
"Then I suggest you adjust your comfort level, Lieutenant."
Integrity 5 Cunning 6 Strength 5
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[SF] (3) •Malcolm Reed, Motivational Speaker
Human
[Cmd] [Pa]
•Honor •Officer •2 Security •Transporters
When your MACO present is killed by a dilemma, you may make each MACO present attributes +2 and gain Security until the end of the turn. You may do this only once each turn.
"That's why Major Hayes picked each one of you for this mission. Because he knew you'd get the job done."
INT 6 CUN 5 STR 6

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
WeyounsLastClone wrote:[SF](2) •Harris, Covert Operative
[Cmd] [Pa] Human
Anthopology, Intelligence, Law, Leadership, Officer
Order- Discard a card from hand to give a personnel present Intelligence and Treachery (limit once per turn).
"Then I suggest you adjust your comfort level, Lieutenant."
Integrity 5 Cunning 6 Strength 5
Quick question. Is that intended to be a permanent gain of Intelligence and Treachery (which is I think how it works as written) or a temporary one for say a single turn (which might be the intent from the limit once per turn text?)

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
[Fed] (7) •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship
[Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] [Stf]
Defiant Class
[E]
Cloaking Device. This ship is attributes +1 for each Paranoia event you command (limit +3).
Order - Begin an engagement involving this ship. If you win, you may destroy an event on your mission or in your core.
"Someone has equipped her with ablative armor and neglected to inform Starfleet operations."
Range 8 Weapons 10 Shields 10

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote: Quick question. Is that intended to be a permanent gain of Intelligence and Treachery (which is I think how it works as written) or a temporary one for say a single turn (which might be the intent from the limit once per turn text?)

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Thanks for your sharp eye! Wasn't intended as a permanent gain, so I changed the wording.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
MattgomeryScott wrote: Quick question. Is that intended to be a permanent gain of Intelligence and Treachery (which is I think how it works as written) or a temporary one for say a single turn (which might be the intent from the limit once per turn text?)

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Thanks for your sharp eye! Wasn't intended as a permanent gain, so I changed the wording.
Well, those years running Thematic did give me some practice spotting unintended card effects. Glad I could help. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]