For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

Vote for the Winner of March's Challenge "Lady Crush"

James T. Kirk, Starship Captain
9%
The Least I Could Do...
No votes
0%
James T. Kirk, "Fletcher Christian"
No votes
0%
I Got Your Gun
27%
James T. Kirk
9%
Kobayashi Maru
No votes
0%
Edith Keeler
9%
Android Replicator
45%

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
INTRODUCTION
Welcome to the seventh season of the monthly Thematic Challenges! For those who are new to this, this challenge was started in 2011 by MattgomeryScott and was rebooted by me in 2019. Every month I will announce a topic or theme and everyone may create a dream card during that month and post it in the month's thread. Voting will be done during the next month. Everyone is invited to join and we appreciate every single submission. At the end of the year, there will be a little bit more demanding challenge and we will announce the overall winner of the season.

This season I would like to give polls a try to vote for the entries. I hope we will get some more votes and overall participation as everyone is welcome to vote for one of previous month's entries.

And as always, feel free to contact me as I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve this.

ENTRIES FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE: LADY CRUSH
  1. [Fed] (3) •James T. Kirk, Starship Captain
    [Cmd] [TOS] [Pa] Human
    [SD] Honor [SD] 2 Leadership [SD] Officer
    Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise.
    Order - Choose Anthropology, Astrometrics, Engineering, Medical, Navigation, or Science and reveal your hand. If you do not command or reveal a unique [TOS] personnel with the chosen skill, download a unique [TOS] personnel with that skill. You may do this only once each turn.
    "Captain Kirk, you and your crew have saved this planet from its own short-sightedness, and we are forever in your debt."
    Integrity 7 Cunning 6 Strength 6
  2. [Int] The Least I Could Do...
    It was... fun. Oh, my.
    Plays on your Away team or Crew, present with any Kirk, that was just "stopped". "Unstop" that team and then discard Kirk.
  3. [Fed] (3) •James T. Kirk, "Fletcher Christian"
    Human
    [Cmd] [TOS] [Pa] [E]
    [SD] Diplomacy [SD] 2 Honor [SD] Leadership [SD] Officer
    Admiral. Commander: I.K.S. Qel'Poh. When you complete this mission, you may place a [TOS] personnel from your discard pile aboard your ship at this mission. If you do, place this personnel in your opponent's brig.
    "And like those mutineers of five hundred years ago, we too have a hard choice to make."
    Integrity 7 Cunning 6 Strength 6
  4. [Int] I Got Your Gun
    Hand-to-hand combat is just as much about ingenuity and adaptation as it is martial skill. Those with enough training can often turn the tables on an armed opponent.
    If your personnel with Cunning > 7 just engaged an adversary who is using a hand-weapon you may "steal" it (random selection) and use regardless of restrictions.
  5. [Fed] James T. Kirk {Star Trek: Generations}
    [1E-AU] Civilian
    Within the Nexus the former Captain Kirk could make
    right his past mistakes. Reunited with his lost love Antonia
    and pet dog Butler. Skilled rider. Amateur cook.

[SD] Honour x2 [SD] May report beneath The Nexus (for free)
    [SD] May cancel and re-select one random selection here. (Once per turn.)
    Integrity 8 Cunning 9 Strength 8
  6. [D] (5) Kobayashi Maru
    When you draw this, remove it from the game. All your personnel are stopped.
    "This is the Kobayashi Maru, ...nineteen periods out of Altair Six. We have struck a gravitic mine and have lost all power. ...Our hull is penetrated and we have sustained many casualties."
  7. [NA] Edith Keeler
    Social worker in New York City, Earth in 1930. Saved by Dr. McCoy and created an alternate timeline. Romantically involved with James T. Kirk. Pacifist. Dreamer. Cook.
    [1E-AU] CIVILIAN
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Honor [SD] Must volunteer for random selections (if applicable).
    [SD] If with any Kirk, may be put on bottom of your draw deck to nullify an just encountered [1E-AU] dilemma.
    Integrity 9 Cunning 7 Strength 5
  8. [Evt] (2) •Android Replicator
    Plays in your core. When you play this event, name a unique personnel you command. You may play a second copy of that personnel, and their species becomes Android. If you lose command of this event, discard the Android copy.
    Two Kirks are better than one...

WINNERS FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE
  1. Temporal Research Facility, Develop Temporal Weapons (4)
  2. Sela (2)
  3. Neutral Space, Prelude to War (2)

SCOREBOARD
Danny 7 (+4)
Naetor 5 (+2)
HoodieDM 4 (+2)
MattgomeryScott 0 (+1)
Pazuzu 1 (+1)
WeyounsLastClone 1 (+1)
Armus 0
rferries 0

PRIZE POOL
Boosters, buttons and promo foil cards from my collection. The specific distribution will be announced later this year.

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES
January 2020: The Greatest Minds
February 2020: Armada
March 2020: Lady Crush

THEMATIC CHALLENGE VII 04: DIY
Create a Star Trek CCG card that fixes OR creates a broken link. A list of First Edition's broken links can be found in jrch5618's thread.

DEADLINE 30th April 2020

Sneak peak for April's challenge: Yoda, You Seek Yoda
Last edited by Pazuzu on Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Pazuzu wrote: THEMATIC CHALLENGE VII 04: DIY
Create a Star Trek CCG card that fixes OR creates a broken link.
Porque no los dos? :wink:
[SF] [NA] Shran
[Cmd] [OFFICER]
[1E-AU] Andorian Captain of the Kumari. Friend of Jonathan Archer. [22]
[SD] Leadership [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Honor
[SD] Navigation [SD] SECURITY [DL] Ushaan Blade
[SD] Once per game, may re-seed one of your discarded dilemmas.

Integrity 7 Cunning 8 Strength 8

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Int] Gagh
Klingon delicacy made from serpent worms. Although most Klingons preferred it live, it could also be served stewed or cold.
Once per turn, target your personnel: +2 all attributes until the end of turn. Doubled if personnel is a Klingon. If Worf or a chef, cannot be "stopped" by dilemmas this turn.
~D

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Fed] (7) •Charlie Reynolds, In A Tight Spot
[Cmd] [DS9] Human
[SD] Diplomacy [SD] Honor [SD] Intelligence [SD] 2 Leadership [SD] Officer [SD] Navigation [SD] Security
Commander: U.S.S. Centaur. When you play this personnel, you may place a Maneuver event from hand in your core. Then, name a card and reveal the top 3 cards of an opponent's dilemma pile. If any of those dilemmas matched the named card, you may spend additional counters equal to that event's cost this turn.
"Charlie likes to swing for the fences..."
I:6 C:6 S:7

Broken links: Commander of the U.S.S. Centaur, only unique U.S.S. ship (non-shuttlecraft) without a corresponding commander.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Naetor wrote:Broken links: Commander of the U.S.S. Centaur, only unique U.S.S. ship (non-shuttlecraft) without a corresponding commander.
U.S.S. Sao Paulo? :shifty:

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
EDIT: Replacing my original entry with this one as I found a 2e broken link (Hikaru Sulu, Cunning Tactician).
[Fed] 5 •Starship Excelsior
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
[TOS] [Pa] [E] Excelsior Class
Whenever an opponent fails a mission attempt, if this ship is at an opponent's mission and its corresponding commander is aboard, you may score 10 points.
"Do we report this, sir?"
"Are you kidding?"

Range 8 Weapons 7 Shields 7
Original entry for posterity:
[Equ] 1 •IDIC Medallion
Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) Each of your personnel with Cunning >5 present is Integrity +1. Each of your Science personnel present gains Anthropology. Each of your Vulcans present gains Honour.
"Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations. Symbolizing the elements that create truth and beauty."
Last edited by rferries on Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Fer] (6) •Trullux
[Cmd] [Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]
D'Kora Class
When you complete a space mission requiring Acquisition, if this ship is at that mission, has its Commander aboard, and has Borg Nanoprobes aboard that you command but do not own, you win the game.
"Three point six million nanoprobes at six bars of latinum per unit that comes to."
"More profit than we ever dreamed of."

Range 8 Weapons 9 Shields 7
Broken link: Gegis is its Commander

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Inc] Group of Individuials
Plays one atop your Separated Collective side deck (up to 13 different ❖ [Bor] personnel cards face down) if you do not play [Bor] . Your Separated Collective is now open and in play. Your [Bor] do not count towards playing [Bor] and Your ❖ [Bor] personnel become [NA] . Once each turn, in place of your normal card play, you may play a card from here.

Notes: This is my try to give [Bor] personnel a new way to be played. I hope I covered most rules aspect with this card, but I would like to get your feedback.
Last edited by Pazuzu on Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Pazuzu wrote:[Inc] Group of Individuials
Dang! This is what I was thinking about doing. My idea was radically different, but I want to chose something else just for variety's sake.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Cartagia wrote:
Pazuzu wrote:[Inc] Group of Individuials
Dang! This is what I was thinking about doing. My idea was radically different, but I want to chose something else just for variety's sake.
Me too, but I was banging my head against the wall trying to get it to work (and make sense with Third of Five's [DL] ) so this has actually saved me from further head trauma. :D

Once I stopped trying to get it work, I came up with an idea for one of the other broken links which I like and am just finalising.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:

[E] Starbase 11

[1E-AU] [OS]

Federation starbase established in the 23rd Century. Site of the first court martial against a starship captain in 2267.

Seeds at your [Fed] mission with “23rd Century” in lore. Once per turn one [OS] Law OR [OS] V.I.P. may report here for free. [DL] Court Martial OR General Order 7

[Fed] Outpost Shields: 28

Notes:

Fixes Commodore Stone's broken link of Starbase 11, but creates a new one with Court Martial. :shifty: There are 13 "23rd Century" [Fed] missions at present, with Secure Strategic Base being an especially good choice. Oh and I've borrowed 2E's Earth icon to represent the icon next to the title, as we don't appear to have those as smilies.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[NA] (2) •Neelix, Cooking it up
Talaxian, [Stf] [Voy]
Anthropology, Biology, Diplomacy, Honor, Navigation
Order- Discard a Dish you command to make your [Voy] personnel attributes +1 until the end of the turn. Limit once per turn.
"Always interesting."
Integrity 6 Cunning 5 Strength 5

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Pazuzu wrote:Still feel free to post your version and submit another entry :) I would really like to see your approach.
It was basically going to be the Emblem or Children of Light for XBs.

My broken link is from Lore's Fingernail, and is creating another of it's own.

[Fed] [NA] Lt. Cmdr. Data
CIVILIAN
[COUNTDOWN 3]
After his death in 2379 Data's consciousness caused a cascade failure within B-4. Despite the best efforts of Bruce Maddox and Agnes Jurati the primitive Soong-type android was not equipped to handle the more advanced programming.
[SD] Computer Skill [SD] Cybernetics [SD] X = 5 OR 10
[SD] Twice per game, your other Cybernetics here may prevent this card's countdown.
[SD] When Lt. Cmdr. Data dies your other Cybernetics here may download a Soong-type android.
Integrity X Cunning X Strength 10
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]