For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

What should be card #33?

Locutus' Borg Cube, Unstoppable
13%
Nor
25%
Aldara, In Pursuit
13%
Harris, Covert Operative
13%
Malcolm Reed, Motivational Speaker
No votes
0%
U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship
38%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.

Last week's winner...

Congratulations to WeyounsLastClone and his •Encryption Codes for becoming the second card to enter the set.

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #33...
[Bor] 7 •Locutus' Borg Cube, Unstoppable
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Cube
While this ship is at an opponent's mission and it is staffed, each non-headquarters mission you command is a [Bor] mission. While this ship's corresponding commander is aboard, each of your Drones gains Intelligence.
"The fight does not go well, Enterprise. We're attempting to withdraw and regroup. Rendezvous with fleet—"
Range 10 Weapons 12 Shields 11

Support for Locutus, Implacable Scourge, and uses Picard's knowledge of Starfleet to gain tactical
[Car] (1) Nor
[Cmd] [Stf]
Nor
While you command Cardassia Prime, you may play this at a [Car] mission if no other Nor there. You may play [Car] or [NA] personnel or ships here. When this mission is solved, if it requires: Archaeology, download an artifact; Geology, take a card from your discard pile into hand; Law, place a personnel in opponent's hand in your brig; or Treachery, each player discards the top 5 cards of his or her deck.
"This isn't a starship, Major."
R:1 W:1 S:1
[Car] 6 *Aldara, In Pursuit

[Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]

When you win an engagement involving this ship, name a keyword. Randomly select an opponent's personnel involved with that keyword to be placed in your brig.
Order: Discard a Pursuit card from hand to begin an engagement involving this ship.

“Our time to intercept is two minutes, fourteen seconds...”

Range: 8, Weapons: 8, Shields: 8

Notes: This is very much a case of I had an idea for gametext, then found a story to fit. The Aldara was pursuing Bajoran terrorist (and Bajoran Resistance member) Tahna Los in DS9 “Past Prologue,” and might have captured him if not for those pesky Feds. So it seemed to fit my flyby keyword capture idea.

By my count this lets you target 31 different types of personnel, from broad categories like Drone or Gatherer, to specific ones like Kai or Praetor. You might even nab the ships Commander.
[SF] (2) •Harris, Covert Operative
[Cmd] [Pa] Human
Anthropology, Intelligence, Law, Leadership, Officer
Order- Discard a card from hand to give a personnel present Intelligence and Treachery until the end of the turn (limit once per turn).
"Then I suggest you adjust your comfort level, Lieutenant."
Integrity 5 Cunning 6 Strength 5
[SF] (3) •Malcolm Reed, Motivational Speaker
Human
[Cmd] [Pa]
•Honor •Officer •2 Security •Transporters
When your MACO present is killed by a dilemma, you may make each MACO present attributes +2 and gain Security until the end of the turn. You may do this only once each turn.
"That's why Major Hayes picked each one of you for this mission. Because he knew you'd get the job done."
INT 6 CUN 5 STR 6
[Fed] (7) •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship
[Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] [Stf]
Defiant Class
[E]
Cloaking Device. This ship is attributes +1 for each Paranoia event you command (limit +3).
Order - Begin an engagement involving this ship. If you win, you may destroy an event on your mission or in your core.
"Someone has equipped her with ablative armor and neglected to inform Starfleet operations."
Range 8 Weapons 10 Shields 10
This week’s contest is...

Card #6!

As card #9 has been established as the Equipment card Encryption Codes, we know this card's got to be either:
  • a dilemma,
  • or an equipment card (before Encryption Codes in the listing)
Closing date: 16th April(ish - I'll see how the entries come in, and if an extension's required/requested, we'll take it from there).

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won
6. IN CREATION THIS WEEK
9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott- 1
33. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
[D] (3) Neurogenic Treasure Trove
Randomly select two personnel. Those personnel each gain Intelligence and any other skill (your choice) until the end of your turn. Unless you choose to stop both personnel, they are discarded at the end of your turn.
"All my secrets are yours for the taking, Doctor. If you want them badly enough."

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[P] 9 Conspiracy
This dilemma is cost -1 for each Bluegill personnel this dilemma's owner commands. Unless you have 3 Security and Strength>40 or 2 Intelligence and Cunning>40, randomly select two personnel. If this dilemma's owner commands Peaceful Coexistence, he or she may place those personnel on Earth to take command of them (they become [Fed] ).
"The last time I saw Admiral Quinn he tried to warn me about a subversion within the Federation. Then Walker tried, and he's dead."
Revamped Space Seed.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[D] (2) Lano ka'la Kosst Amojan
The opponent on your left removes all cards in his or her discard pile from the game, and then an equal number from yours. If two or more are Pah-Wraith cards, ignore the gametext on Metron Arena and remove this from the game.
"Do you give yourself willingly to the Pah wraiths?"
"With all my heart."
"Then call to them"

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[D] 2 Regional Dispute

Randomly select a personnel with Diplomacy to be stopped. If this is a Region mission, randomly select another personnel to be stopped for each non-headquarters mission you command in the same region."

"The problem is that one of the cooks has just been asked to broil reptile for the Anticans, and it looks like the Selay delegate."

Notes:

Not sure on the exact wording (any suggestions welcome.) But basically it stops a Diplomacy personnel (to mediate) and then stops another personnel for each non-headquarters mission you have in the same region as the one you're attempting (including the one you're attempting.) e.g. You might get 5 stops with a Patrol Neutral Zone deck, but only 1 at a non-region mission.

EDIT: Reworded with Danny's assistance, thank you.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
[D] (3) Your Galaxy Is Impure
Species 8472. Randomly select a personnel to be killed. Unless you choose to place this dilemma in your core, it returns to its owner's dilemma pile.
"Its proximity is a threat to their genetic integrity."
"Tell them we have a weapon. A devastating weapon that can destroy them at the cellular level..."
"They said your galaxy will be purged."

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[D] (0) Secret Investigation
Dilemma
Your opponent chooses a personnel. At the end of your turn, if that personnel used a skill to overcome a dilemma or complete a mission, kill that personnel and your opponent scores 5 points. If your opponent has an Infiltrator or Intelligence personnel at this mission, this dilemma returns to its owner's dilemma pile.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Two days to go, and we've six entries, but only four votes. Don't forget to vote!

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
[P] (4) Triskelion Bid
Dilemma
Randomly select a personnel. Your opponent may give you command of one of their Commodity events to take command of that personnel (that personnel is no longer attempting this mission).
"Two thousand quatloos are bid. Is there a challenge? The newcomers have been vended to Provider One."
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]