For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

What should be card #6?

Neurogenic Treasure Trove
14%
Conspiracy
14%
Lano ka'la Kosst Amojan
No votes
0%
Regional Dispute
29%
Your Galaxy Is Impure
14%
Secret Investigation
14%
Triskelion Bid
14%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.

Last week's winner...

Congratulations to GooeyChewie and his •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship for becoming the third card to enter the set.

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #6...
[D] (3) Neurogenic Treasure Trove

Randomly select two personnel. Those personnel each gain Intelligence and any other skill (your choice) until the end of your turn. Unless you choose to stop both personnel, they are discarded at the end of your turn.
"All my secrets are yours for the taking, Doctor. If you want them badly enough."
[P] 9 Conspiracy
This dilemma is cost -1 for each Bluegill personnel this dilemma's owner commands. Unless you have 3 Security and Strength>40 or 2 Intelligence and Cunning>40, randomly select two personnel. If this dilemma's owner commands Peaceful Coexistence, he or she may place those personnel on Earth to take command of them (they become [Fed] ).
"The last time I saw Admiral Quinn he tried to warn me about a subversion within the Federation. Then Walker tried, and he's dead."

Revamped Space Seed.
[D] (2) Lano ka'la Kosst Amojan
The opponent on your left removes all cards in his or her discard pile from the game, and then an equal number from yours. If two or more are Pah-Wraith cards, ignore the gametext on Metron Arena and remove this from the game.
"Do you give yourself willingly to the Pah wraiths?"
"With all my heart."
"Then call to them"
[D] 2 Regional Dispute

Randomly select a personnel with Diplomacy to be stopped. If this is a Region mission, randomly select another personnel to be stopped for each non-headquarters mission you command in the same region."

"The problem is that one of the cooks has just been asked to broil reptile for the Anticans, and it looks like the Selay delegate."

Notes:

Not sure on the exact wording (any suggestions welcome.) But basically it stops a Diplomacy personnel (to mediate) and then stops another personnel for each non-headquarters mission you have in the same region as the one you're attempting (including the one you're attempting.) e.g. You might get 5 stops with a Patrol Neutral Zone deck, but only 1 at a non-region mission.

EDIT: Reworded with Danny's assistance, thank you.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
[D] (3) Your Galaxy Is Impure
Species 8472. Randomly select a personnel to be killed. Unless you choose to place this dilemma in your core, it returns to its owner's dilemma pile.
"Its proximity is a threat to their genetic integrity."
"Tell them we have a weapon. A devastating weapon that can destroy them at the cellular level..."
"They said your galaxy will be purged."
[D] (0) Secret Investigation
Dilemma
Your opponent chooses a personnel. At the end of your turn, if that personnel used a skill to overcome a dilemma or complete a mission, kill that personnel and your opponent scores 5 points. If your opponent has an Infiltrator or Intelligence personnel at this mission, this dilemma returns to its owner's dilemma pile.
[P] (4) Triskelion Bid
Dilemma
Randomly select a personnel. Your opponent may give you command of one of their Commodity events to take command of that personnel (that personnel is no longer attempting this mission).
"Two thousand quatloos are bid. Is there a challenge? The newcomers have been vended to Provider One."
This week’s contest is...

Card #25!

As card #21 has been established as a Borg affiliated personnel (Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone) and card #33 has now been determined to be a Federation affiliated ship (U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship) we know this card's got to be between those. In similarly proportioned sets, this card's most likely to be...
  • a [Bor] personnel (after Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone);
  • a [Car] personnel;
  • a [Dom] personnel;
  • a [Fed] personnel;
  • possibly a [Fer] personnel
...but as long as it fits, it's fine.

Closing date: 23rd April(ish - I'll see how the entries come in, and if an extension's required/requested, we'll take it from there).

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won
6. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE
9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott - 1
25. IN CREATION THIS WEEK
33. •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship (Ship - Federation) - GooeyChewie - 3

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Dom] (4) •Founder Informant, Foreign Agent
Changeling
[SD]Anthropology [SD] Intelligence [SD] Treachery
Founder. Infiltrator. Shape-shifter. When you play this card, you may remove from the game a non-unique personnel from hand. This personnel gains the skills, attributes, icons, and gametext on that personnel; and while at your mission with a matching affiliation icon that you cannot attempt, your cards there are attributes +1 and you may attempt it.
"What if the changeling's not out there? What if he's one of us?"
I:1 C:1 S:1

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Car] 4 •Elim Garak, True Cardassian
[Stf] [DS9] [TN] Cardassian
•Anthropology •Diplomacy •2 Intelligence •Programming •Security •2 Treachery
Assassin. Dissident. Infiltrator. While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may name a keyword or an affiliation. This personnel gains that keyword or becomes the named affiliation until the end of that dilemma. You may do this only once each dilemma.
"Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder."
Integrity 3 Cunning 6 Strength 6

Assumes whatever loyalty or guise is necessary to advance either DS9's or Terok Nor's (but ultimately always Cardassia's) interests.
Last edited by rferries on Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
[Fed] (2) •Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist
Human
[Cmd] [Maq]
•Diplomacy •Law •Leadership •Security
While this personnel is attempting a mission, you may discard a card from hand to make him and each [Fed] [Maq] personnel present become [NA] [Maq] and gain Dissident until the end of that mission attempt.
"The Federation abandoned us. Told us to take care of ourselves. Well, that's what we intend to do..."
INT 4 CUN 6 STR 6

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:

[Fed] 2 *Kell Perim, Versatile Ensign

[Stf] [TNG] Trill

Astrometrics, Officer, 2 Navigation, Science

While this personnel is attempting a mission, she is attributes + 1 for each different keyword on that mission.

“What's inside that nebula cluster?”
“Cometary debris, pockets of unstable metreon gas... we don't want to go in there, sir...”

Integrity: 6, Cunning: 6, Strength: 5

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
7 votes, 4 entries, and 24 hours to go!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Fed](2) •Deanna Troi, Creative Counselor
Betazoid/Human, [Cmd]
Anthropology, Biology, Honor, Officer, Telepathy
You may play this personnel where you command 3 [Voy] personnel (or Reginald Barclay). At the start of your turn you may choose a personnel present to lose a keyword or staffing icon. This effect lasts until the start of your next turn.
"Do you have any idea how inappropriate it is to follow your therapist on vacation."
Integrity 7 Cunning 5 Strength 4
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
[Fed] (1) •Daniels, Temporal Cold Warrior
Alien/Human
[Stf] [Fut]
[SD] 2 Anthropology [SD] Archaeology [SD] Intelligence [SD] Security
To play this personnel, you must discard a Temporal card from your hand.
"I work for a different kind of organization. We make sure that people like Silik don't interfere with historical events."
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 6

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
WeyounsLastClone wrote:Could my entry add 'until the start of your next turn' to the ability? I know it's past the deadline, but I didn't intend the effect to last forever :D (I should've learned from my past mistakes...)
You might want to add some attributes too. :shifty:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Sure thing. Edit the one above, and I’ll Copy/Paste them into the other post :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote:Could my entry add 'until the start of your next turn' to the ability? I know it's past the deadline, but I didn't intend the effect to last forever :D (I should've learned from my past mistakes...)

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Darn it, maybe I should move away from last minute entries...
Thanks!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
MattgomeryScott wrote:

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Darn it, maybe I should move away from last minute entries...
Thanks!
Well, still better late than never. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation