For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

What should be card #25?

Founder Informant, Foreign Agent
No votes
0%
Elim Garak, True Cardassian
13%
Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist
63%
Kell Perim, Versatile Ensign
13%
Deanna Troi, Creative Counselor
No votes
0%
Daniels, Temporal Cold Warrior
13%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.

Last week's winner...

Congratulations to MattgomeryScott and his Regional Dispute for becoming the fourth card to enter the set.

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #25...
[Dom] (4) •Founder Informant, Foreign Agent
Changeling
[SD]Anthropology [SD] Intelligence [SD] Treachery
Founder. Infiltrator. Shape-shifter. When you play this card, you may remove from the game a non-unique personnel from hand. This personnel gains the skills, attributes, icons, and gametext on that personnel; and while at your mission with a matching affiliation icon that you cannot attempt, your cards there are attributes +1 and you may attempt it.
"What if the changeling's not out there? What if he's one of us?"
I:1 C:1 S:1
[Car] 4 •Elim Garak, True Cardassian
[Stf] [DS9] [TN] Cardassian
•Anthropology •Diplomacy •2 Intelligence •Programming •Security •2 Treachery
Assassin. Dissident. Infiltrator. While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may name a keyword or an affiliation. This personnel gains that keyword or becomes the named affiliation until the end of that dilemma. You may do this only once each dilemma.
"Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder."
Integrity 3 Cunning 6 Strength 6
Assumes whatever loyalty or guise is necessary to advance either DS9's or Terok Nor's (but ultimately always Cardassia's) interests.
[Fed] (2) •Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist
Human
[Cmd] [Maq]
•Diplomacy •Law •Leadership •Security
While this personnel is attempting a mission, you may discard a card from hand to make him and each [Fed] [Maq] personnel present become [NA] [Maq] and gain Dissident until the end of that mission attempt.
"The Federation abandoned us. Told us to take care of ourselves. Well, that's what we intend to do..."
INT 4 CUN 6 STR 6
[Fed] 2 *Kell Perim, Versatile Ensign

[Stf] [TNG] Trill

Astrometrics, Officer, 2 Navigation, Science

While this personnel is attempting a mission, she is attributes + 1 for each different keyword on that mission.

“What's inside that nebula cluster?”
“Cometary debris, pockets of unstable metreon gas... we don't want to go in there, sir...”

Integrity: 6, Cunning: 6, Strength: 5
[Fed](2) •Deanna Troi, Creative Counselor
Betazoid/Human, [Cmd]
Anthropology, Biology, Honor, Officer, Telepathy
You may play this personnel where you command 3 [Voy] personnel (or Reginald Barclay). At the start of your turn you may choose a personnel present to lose a keyword or staffing icon. This effect lasts until the start of your next turn.
"Do you have any idea how inappropriate it is to follow your therapist on vacation."
Integrity 7 Cunning 5 Strength 4
[Fed] (1) •Daniels, Temporal Cold Warrior
Alien/Human
[Stf] [Fut]
[SD] 2 Anthropology [SD] Archaeology [SD] Intelligence [SD] Security
To play this personnel, you must discard a Temporal card from your hand.
"I work for a different kind of organization. We make sure that people like Silik don't interfere with historical events."
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 6
This week’s contest is...

Card #17!

As card #9 has been set as the Equipment card Encryption Codes and card #21 is a Borg affiliated personnel (Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone) this card's got to fall between the two. That gives you...
  • an [Equ] (after Encryption Codes)
  • an [Evt]
  • an [Int]
  • a [H] , [P] , [S] mission
  • a [Baj] personnel
  • a [Bor] personnel (before Eleven of Twenty-Three)
You are spoilt for choice.

Closing date: 30th April(ish - I'll see how the entries come in, and if an extension's required/requested, we'll take it from there).

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won
6. Regional Dispute (Dilemma) - - MattgomeryScott - 4
9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2
17. IN CREATION THIS WEEK
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott - 1
25. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE
33. •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship (Ship - Federation) - GooeyChewie - 3
Last edited by Danny on Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Danny wrote:This week’s contest is...

Card #17!

As card #9 has been set as the Equipment card Encryption Codes and card #21 is a Borg affiliated personnel (Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone) this card's got to fall between the two. That gives you...
  • an [Equ] (after Encryption Codes)
  • an [Evt]
  • an [Int]
  • a [H] , [P] , [S] mission
  • a [Baj] personnel
  • a [Bor] personnel (before Eleven of Twenty-Three)
You are spoilt for choice.
Well, with such a variety of options this is certainly going to help shape the set.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Baj] 4 •Winn Adami, Ruthlessly Ambitious
Bajoran
•2 Anthropology •Diplomacy •Intelligence •Law •Leadership •2 Treachery
Vedek. Your other Treachery Bajorans gain Assassin, Dissident, Infiltrator, and Smuggler.
"It was all to get him here, wasn't it? The school, the protest, the bombing. You knew that would get him out of the monastery. You did it all to kill him – to stop him from becoming kai."
Integrity 1 Cunning 6 Strength 4
Not a nice lady, but given her involvement with both Bareil's assassination attempt and the Circle there's no doubting her Intelligence.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[P] •Praxis, Klingon Moon
[AQ] 50
Geology, Honor, Officer, Physics, Treachery, and Strength>42
If you command Qo'noS, at the start of your turn, discard a card from hand and reveal the top card of your deck. If either is a [Kli] ship you do not command, place it at your Qo'noS (you now command it) and flip this mission. Otherwise, draw the revealed card.
"Praxis is their key energy production facility."
[Kli]
<2>
(front side)

[P] •Remnants of Praxis, Toxic Wasteland
[AQ] 0
(no requirements)
At the start of your turn, discard a card from hand. When this side is revealed, choose one: each of your missions requires an additional Diplomacy and replace their attribute requirements with Integrity; or Treachery and Cunning.
"The moon's decimation means a deadly pollution of their ozone. They will have depleted their supply of oxygen in approximately fifty Earth years."
You cannot attempt this mission.
<2>
(back side)

A lot of options with this card, but trying to be thematic and fit within the different options for the Empire:

-The obvious option is to discard a ship to get a first early ship for free, representing the over-mining of the moon. However doing this too early may ultimately be to your detriment as you have to discard every turn on the back side, representing the poisoning of the Qo'noS ozone.

-You could also not discard a ship, and instead use the cycle for potentially the entire game, representing it's source of energy for the Empire. You could protect the moon (and solve it since the requirements aren't too bad) via clever use of ships and ship downloading. But disaster could happen at any point.

-Once the moon is destroyed, you need to decide if the Empire seeks diplomacy or doubles down on the treachery; both have benefits: Gorkon, Visionary Chancellor or No Peace In Our Time and, represents the internal struggle in the Empire in The Undiscovered Country. Either way, The Old Ways (Strength missions) are over.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
[Evt] (2) •Scholarly Recruit
Plays in your core. When you play this event, name a personnel. Unique personnel you own with that card title gain Think Tank, and while attempting a mission worth 50 or more points, they are cunning +1 and gain 2 levels of a skill they don't have until the end of the mission attempt.

"Without problems that test the limits of your abilities, you cannot expand them."

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] (0) Field Promotion
Event
Replicate - Stop your Admiral or General. (You may stop an Admiral or General you command when you play this event. If you do, put this event in your hand instead of destroying it.) When you play this event, name a unique personnel and choose a unique ship you command. That named personnel becomes that ship's commander until the end of the turn. Destroy this event.

By menace64
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I'm not versed-enough in Star Trek rules to write DCs (at least that's the way I feel), but I really like this contest format so I've rather-unabashedly C&Ped it over on the LotR TCG forums.

If there's an overlap in your interest in LotR, maybe give it a shot? It'd be kinda neat to get some back-and-forth going between the communities!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
menace64 wrote:I'm not versed-enough in Star Trek rules to write DCs (at least that's the way I feel)...
There's only one way to find out: have a go! :wink:

(Actually, there's more than one way. My preferred method is to come up with an idea of what I want the card to do, then to trawl the 2E database looking for cards that have similar affects so I can lift and alter their gametext so that it at least sounds 2E.)
menace64 wrote:...but I really like this contest format so I've rather-unabashedly C&Ped it over on the LotR TCG forums.
It's a great format, and perfect for any and all CCG DC forums. Credit to Nathan for getting it to these boards, whether from his own mind, or from somewhere else :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:

[S] Nebula Cluster, Evade Son'a Vessels

[AQ] 35

Astrometrics, Leadership, 2 Navigation and Cunning >34

Nebula. Region: Briar Patch. You may attempt and complete this mission using your Treachery personnel with these requirements: Navigation, Officer, 2 Treachery and Cunning >32

"Time to use the Briar Patch the way Br'er Rabbit did."

[Fed]
Span: 4

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[S] •Unefra System, Disrupt Enemy Communication
[AQ] [30 pts]
Engineer, Intelligence, Programming, and Cunning>30
When your opponent downloads a card, if you have completed this mission, he or she downloads two additional eligible cards, then randomly selects two downloaded cards to be placed on the bottom of his or her deck.
"Well, that's an interesting way of scrambling a signal."
[Car] [Rom]
Span 3

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
[S] •Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel
[DQ] - 30 Points
Engineer, Intelligence, Security and Strength >32
While you command Athos IV and no other headquarters missions, you may play [Maq] personnel aboard your [Maq] ship at a [DQ] mission.
"There's a first time for everything, I guess. Don't worry, Captain. I'll keep your ship safe and sound."
[Baj] [Car] [Kli] [Fed] [NA]
Span 3

By menace64
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Ahhh what the heck.

(0) •Cerebral Infiltration
Event
Remove an Intelligence personnel in your discard pile from the game to have your personnel with 2 Medical and Integrity < 6 gain a skill from that removed personnel until the end of this turn. Remove this event from the game.
”I’m going to find a cure for Odo’s disease and you’re going to help me.”

Since Discovery is really just The Michael Burnham[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]