For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

What should be card #17?

Winn Adami, Ruthlessly Ambitious
No votes
0%
Praxis, Klingon Moon
No votes
0%
Scholarly Recruit
25%
Field Promotion
13%
Nebula Cluster, Evade Son'a Vessels
No votes
0%
Unefra System, Disrupt Enemy Communication
25%
Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel
25%
Cerebral Infiltration
13%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.

Last week's winner...

Congratulations to me (Danny) and my Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist for becoming the fifth card to enter the set.

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #17...
[Baj] 4 •Winn Adami, Ruthlessly Ambitious
Bajoran
•2 Anthropology •Diplomacy •Intelligence •Law •Leadership •2 Treachery
Vedek. Your other Treachery Bajorans gain Assassin, Dissident, Infiltrator, and Smuggler.
"It was all to get him here, wasn't it? The school, the protest, the bombing. You knew that would get him out of the monastery. You did it all to kill him – to stop him from becoming kai."
Integrity 1 Cunning 6 Strength 4

Not a nice lady, but given her involvement with both Bareil's assassination attempt and the Circle there's no doubting her Intelligence.
[P] •Praxis, Klingon Moon
[AQ] 50
Geology, Honor, Officer, Physics, Treachery, and Strength>42
If you command Qo'noS, at the start of your turn, discard a card from hand and reveal the top card of your deck. If either is a [Kli] ship you do not command, place it at your Qo'noS (you now command it) and flip this mission. Otherwise, draw the revealed card.
"Praxis is their key energy production facility."
[Kli]
<2>
(front side)

[P] •Remnants of Praxis, Toxic Wasteland
[AQ] 0
(no requirements)
At the start of your turn, discard a card from hand. When this side is revealed, choose one: each of your missions requires an additional Diplomacy and replace their attribute requirements with Integrity; or Treachery and Cunning.
"The moon's decimation means a deadly pollution of their ozone. They will have depleted their supply of oxygen in approximately fifty Earth years."
You cannot attempt this mission.
<2>
(back side)
A lot of options with this card, but trying to be thematic and fit within the different options for the Empire:

-The obvious option is to discard a ship to get a first early ship for free, representing the over-mining of the moon. However doing this too early may ultimately be to your detriment as you have to discard every turn on the back side, representing the poisoning of the Qo'noS ozone.

-You could also not discard a ship, and instead use the cycle for potentially the entire game, representing it's source of energy for the Empire. You could protect the moon (and solve it since the requirements aren't too bad) via clever use of ships and ship downloading. But disaster could happen at any point.

-Once the moon is destroyed, you need to decide if the Empire seeks diplomacy or doubles down on the treachery; both have benefits: Gorkon, Visionary Chancellor or No Peace In Our Time and, represents the internal struggle in the Empire in The Undiscovered Country. Either way, The Old Ways (Strength missions) are over.
[Evt] (2) •Scholarly Recruit
Plays in your core. When you play this event, name a personnel. Unique personnel you own with that card title gain Think Tank, and while attempting a mission worth 50 or more points, they are cunning +1 and gain 2 levels of a skill they don't have until the end of the mission attempt.

"Without problems that test the limits of your abilities, you cannot expand them."
[Evt] (0) Field Promotion
Event
Replicate - Stop your Admiral or General. (You may stop an Admiral or General you command when you play this event. If you do, put this event in your hand instead of destroying it.) When you play this event, name a unique personnel and choose a unique ship you command. That named personnel becomes that ship's commander until the end of the turn. Destroy this event.
[S] Nebula Cluster, Evade Son'a Vessels

[AQ] 35

Astrometrics, Leadership, 2 Navigation and Cunning >34

Nebula. Region: Briar Patch. You may attempt and complete this mission using your Treachery personnel with these requirements: Navigation, Officer, 2 Treachery and Cunning >32

"Time to use the Briar Patch the way Br'er Rabbit did."

[Fed]
Span: 4
[S] •Unefra System, Disrupt Enemy Communication
[AQ] [30 pts]
Engineer, Intelligence, Programming, and Cunning>30
When your opponent downloads a card, if you have completed this mission, he or she downloads two additional eligible cards, then randomly selects two downloaded cards to be placed on the bottom of his or her deck.
"Well, that's an interesting way of scrambling a signal."
[Car] [Rom]
Span 3
[S] •Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel
[DQ] - 30 Points
Engineer, Intelligence, Security and Strength >32
While you command Athos IV and no other headquarters missions, you may play [Maq] personnel aboard your [Maq] ship at a [DQ] mission.
"There's a first time for everything, I guess. Don't worry, Captain. I'll keep your ship safe and sound."
[Baj] [Car] [Kli] [Fed] [NA]
Span 3
[Evt] (0) •Cerebral Infiltration
Event
Remove an Intelligence personnel in your discard pile from the game to have your personnel with 2 Medical and Integrity < 6 gain a skill from that removed personnel until the end of this turn. Remove this event from the game.
”I’m going to find a cure for Odo’s disease and you’re going to help me.”

This week’s contest is...

Card #22!

As card #21 has been set as the Borg affiliated personnel Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone and card #25 is the newly minted Federation affiliated personnel Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist this card's got to fall between the two. That gives you...
  • a [Bor] personnel (after Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone)
  • a [Car] personnel
  • a [Dom] personnel
  • a [Fed] personnel (before Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist)
We're locked down on type, but still free-ish to choose an affiliation.

Closing date: Thursday 7th May(ish - I'll see how the entries come in, and if an extension's required/requested, we'll take it from there).

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won
6. Regional Dispute (Dilemma) - MattgomeryScott - 4
9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2
17. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott - 1
22. IN CREATION THIS WEEK
25. •Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist (Personnel - Federation) - Danny - 5
33. •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship (Ship - Federation) - GooeyChewie - 3

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Bor] 3 •Orum, Cooperative Romulan
[Cmd] Borg
•Biology •Engineer •Exobiology •Intelligence •Medical
Dissident. While you command a [Bor] non-Dissident personnel, this personnel loses all of his skills and his next ability. While your Reestablish Neural Cooperative is complete, your [Bor] Dissidents gain Telepathy.
"I was Romulan. I was taught to hate humans, the Federation. But Riley and I are friends now. I'm part of the cooperative."
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 6

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Car] (2) •Gaten Russol, Informant
[Cmd] Cardassian
Engineer 2 Intelligence Officer
Gul. If you do not own this card, you may play him at a planet mission.
Order- Place this card in an opponent's hand to take a card from his or her discard pile into hand.
"I trust you'll agree that this information satisfies my debt to you."
"Agreed."
"However, if you do learn something from your tailor and wish to share it with me, I would be indebted to you again."

I:5 C:7 S:6

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
[Car] (1) •Cardassian Impersonator, "Raymond Boone"
Cardassian
[Stf]
•Intelligence •Programming •Treachery
Infiltrator.
When this personnel uses a skill to complete a mission, if he is equipped with a Hand Weapon you command but do not own, you may destroy that Hand Weapon to name a personnel. Your opponent places each copy of that personnel he or she commands in your brig.
"Of course. O'Brien. It's been a long time."
INT 2 CUN 5 STR 5

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:

[Car] 2 Kanon Fodar

[Stf] [TN] Cardassian

Anthropology, Astrometrics, Navigation, Security

When this personnel is killed reveal the top three cards of your deck. Place each non-unique [Car] and non-unique [Dom] personnel revealed on your headquarters mission where they could be played, and discard the rest.

“We have reserves.”

Integrity: 5, Cunning: 5, Strength: 6

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
6 votes, 4 entries, 3 days to get your entries in, and 2 of last week's entries tied!

Will someone break the deadlock?

Will we see a Dominion and/or Federation personnel go up against the Borg and Cardassian entries?

Only YOU can answer these questions!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Car](1) •Rekelen, Loyal Student
Cardassian
Geology, Programming, Science
Dissident. When your Dissident present is about to be stopped, you may discard the top card of your deck to stop this personnel instead.
"There is nothing that we wouldn't do for her, and if she says we're not to talk to you, we don't talk to you."
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 4

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
[Car] (1) •Quark, Romantically Involved
Ferengi
[Stf]
[SD] Acquisition [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Programming
Dissident. Smuggler. When you play this personnel, discard a card from hand. When your [Car] Dissident present is about to be stopped or captured, you may return this personnel to his owner's hand to prevent that.
"So all I have to do to get you back is wait until Cardassia becomes a free and democratic society?"
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 4

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its […]

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the d[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]