For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

<t>Vote for the Winner of April's Challenge "DIY"</t>

Shran
30%
Gagh
20%
Charlie Reynolds, In A Tight Spot
10%
Starship Excelsior
No votes
0%
Trullux
20%
Group of Individuials
10%
Starbase 11
No votes
0%
Neelix, Cooking it up
10%
Lt. Cmdr. Data
No votes
0%

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
INTRODUCTION
Welcome to the seventh season of the monthly Thematic Challenges! For those who are new to this, this challenge was started in 2011 by MattgomeryScott and was rebooted by me in 2019. Every month I will announce a topic or theme and everyone may create a dream card during that month and post it in the month's thread. Voting will be done during the next month. Everyone is invited to join and we appreciate every single submission. At the end of the year, there will be a little bit more demanding challenge and we will announce the overall winner of the season.

This season I would like to give polls a try to vote for the entries. I hope we will get some more votes and overall participation as everyone is welcome to vote for one of previous month's entries.

And as always, feel free to contact me as I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve this.

ENTRIES FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE: DIY
  1. [SF] [NA] Shran
    [Cmd] OFFICER [1E-AU] [22]
    Andorian Captain of the Kumari. Friend of Jonathan Archer.
    [SD] Leadership [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Honor
    [SD] Navigation [SD] SECURITY [DL] Ushaan Blade
    [SD] Once per game, may re-seed one of your discarded dilemmas.
    Integrity 7 Cunning 8 Strength 8
  2. [Int] Gagh
    Klingon delicacy made from serpent worms. Although most Klingons preferred it live, it could also be served stewed or cold.
    Once per turn, target your personnel: +2 all attributes until the end of turn. Doubled if personnel is a Klingon. If Worf or a chef, cannot be "stopped" by dilemmas this turn.
  3. [Fed] (7) •Charlie Reynolds, In A Tight Spot
    [Cmd] [DS9] Human
    [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Honor [SD] Intelligence [SD] 2 Leadership [SD] Officer [SD] Navigation [SD] Security
    Commander: U.S.S. Centaur. When you play this personnel, you may place a Maneuver event from hand in your core. Then, name a card and reveal the top 3 cards of an opponent's dilemma pile. If any of those dilemmas matched the named card, you may spend additional counters equal to that event's cost this turn.
    "Charlie likes to swing for the fences..."
    Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 7
  4. [Fed] (5) •Starship Excelsior
    [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
    [TOS] [Pa] [E] Excelsior Class
    Whenever an opponent fails a mission attempt, if this ship is at an opponent's mission and its corresponding commander is aboard, you may score 10 points.
    "Do we report this, sir?"
    "Are you kidding?"

Range 8 Weapons 7 Shields 7
  5. [Fer] (6) •Trullux
    [Cmd] [Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]
    D'Kora Class
    When you complete a space mission requiring Acquisition, if this ship is at that mission, has its Commander aboard, and has Borg Nanoprobes aboard that you command but do not own, you win the game.
    "Three point six million nanoprobes at six bars of latinum per unit that comes to."
    "More profit than we ever dreamed of."

Range 8 Weapons 9 Shields 7
  6. [Inc] Group of Individuials
    Plays one atop your Separated Collective side deck (up to 13 different ❖ [Bor] personnel cards face down) if you do not play [Bor] . Your Separated Collective is now open and in play. Your [Bor] do not count towards playing [Bor] and Your ❖ [Bor] personnel become [NA] . Once each turn, in place of your normal card play, you may play a card from here.
  7. [E] Starbase 11
    [1E-AU] [OS]
    Federation starbase established in the 23rd Century. Site of the first court martial against a starship captain in 2267.
    Seeds at your [Fed] mission with “23rd Century” in lore. Once per turn one [OS] Law OR [OS] V.I.P. may report here for free. [DL] Court Martial OR General Order 7
    [Fed] Outpost Shields 28
  8. [NA] (2) •Neelix, Cooking it up
    Talaxian [Stf] [Voy]
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Biology [SD] Diplomacy
    [SD] Honor [SD] Navigation
    Order- Discard a Dish you command to make your [Voy] personnel attributes +1 until the end of the turn. Limit once per turn.
    "Always interesting."
    Integrity 6 Cunning 5 Strength 5
  9. [Fed] [NA] Lt. Cmdr. Data
    CIVILIAN
    After his death in 2379 Data's consciousness caused a cascade failure within B-4. Despite the best efforts of Bruce Maddox and Agnes Jurati the primitive Soong-type android was not equipped to handle the more advanced programming.
    [SD] Computer Skill [SD] Cybernetics [SD] X = 5 OR 10
    [SD] Twice per game, your other Cybernetics here may prevent this card's countdown.
    [SD] When Lt. Cmdr. Data dies your other Cybernetics here may download a Soong-type android.
    Integrity X Cunning X Strength 10

WINNERS FROM LAST THEMATIC CHALLENGE
  1. Android Replicator (5)
  2. I Got Your Gun (3)
  3. James T. Kirk, Starship Captain (1)
    James T. Kirk (1)
    Edith Keeler (1)

SCOREBOARD
Danny 7
Naetor 5
Armus 5 (+5)
HoodieDM 4
Cartagia 3 (+3)
Pazuzu 2 (+1)
WeyounsLastClone 1
MattgomeryScott 1 (+1)
rferries 1 (+1)

PRIZE POOL
Boosters, buttons and promo foil cards from my collection. The specific distribution will be announced later this year.

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES
January 2020: The Greatest Minds
February 2020: Armada
March 2020: Lady Crush
April 2020: DIY

THEMATIC CHALLENGE VII 05: TALK LIKE YODA
Create a Star Trek CCG card in a language other than standard English or that references languages. May 21th is the not very well known Talk Like Yoda Day and since I always loved Decipher's humour and creativity, it is time to do our own. Decipher started with Qapla'! and in some sort also Dixon Hill's Business Card and The Continuing Committee picked this up and created later Sternenflotten Phaserpistole the Defiant Volé as a release promo for The Maquis (and if you know cards from Second Edition, please send me a message and I gladly add it here, too.) I totally see no reason why not to use any translator to help you creating your card or if that is even not possible you can also create a card that is about language like for example Linguistic Legerdemain or in a broader sense also The Whale Probe. In case you post a card in a different language, please also post the English translation as a note to your entry.

DEADLINE 31th May 2020

Sneak peak for June's challenge: Imitation Game
Last edited by Pazuzu on Thu May 07, 2020 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Fed] 4 •Jean-Luc Picard, "Frenchman"
[Cmd] [TNG] Human
•Anthropology •Archaeology •2 Diplomacy •Honor •Leadership •Officer
Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise-E. While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may meet Acquisition and Treachery requirements of that dilemma using Diplomacy instead.
"Oh, er, France. Labarre. My home village."
Integrity 8 Cunning 6 Strength 6

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] Chorus
They call themselves the scholar, the warrior, and that which binds them.
Plays on your V.I.P. (for free on Riva). Personnel gains Anthropology and Empathy. When this personnel is randomly selected to die, you may discard this card instead to prevent that. Personnel is "stopped" instead. (Unique).
~D

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
As challenges go, this is by far one of the most original in Thematic history. Looking forward to seeing everyone's entry. As for mine, this time around I'm going old school (in more ways than one. :shifty: )

My Entry:

[Int] A Good Death (Star Trek: Voyager)

Twas in the Midgard year 2371, that the brave warrior Schweltzer healer of men, didst honour his lost Lady Freya and vanquish the evil Grendel.

Whomsoever falls in battle or upon a quest most valiant, if they be worthy, may enter the halls of fabled Valhalla itself (where many songs shall be sung of their NOBILITY and their name shall be known forever more.) Only the trickster Loki himself could thwart such a deed.

Translation.
Plays when your personnel is killed in battle or during a mission attempt. If they have Honour you may place them in your points area (worth points equal to their printed INTEGRITY; "in play" for uniqueness only). Nullified only by Q-Flash.

Notes:

For my entry I decided to go for old Norse (by way of Marvel Comics.) Based on the Voyager episode "Heroes and Demons," where the Doctor, using the name Schweltzer, travels into a Beowulf holoprogram (based on the epic poem, which was in turn based on Norse mythology,) to rescue members of the crew.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Int] petaQ
To play this interrupt, you must command Qo'noS and no other [H] missions. When an opponent plays a personnel that costs 1 or less, prevent that and remove that personnel from the game. For the remainder of the game, players may not play a card with that title.
Klingon insult derived from the verb taQ (to be weird) and imperative prefix pe- (you).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Int] ••• --- •••
••• •- •••- • --- ••- •-• ••• --- ••- •-•• •••
•-- •••• • -• -•-- --- ••- •••• •- •••- • •-•• • ••• ••• •--• --- •• -• - ••• - •••• •- -• -•-- --- ••- •-• --- •--• •--• --- -• • -• -, -•• --- •-- -• •-•• --- •- -•• •- -•-• •- •-• -••.

Translation

[Int] S.O.S.
Save our Souls
When you have less points than your opponent, download a card.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Int] Quick Study
Interrupt
When your Genetically Enhanced personnel is facing a dilemma, name a skill. That personnel gains that skill until the end of that dilemma. If that personnel was a [Fed] personnel, you may put this interrupt into your deck third from the top instead of in your discard pile.
"Eee ja maa'na hoo'va baa'li jen'ku'rada sen'to."
"Since when could you speak Dominionese?"
I've recently got back into Magic (The Gathering) in the Arena, and came across the "...you may put this card into your deck third from the top" mechanic on some new cards. I'm a firm believer in reusing and recycling.

By menace64
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] [5] Night, The Flow Trade
Away Tunnel. Shout loafing call her locks. Brief into seven earlies justify the quarter turtle pants albeit skull into a henhouse. All purple medicine not for glory until juicy station. Roll linger.
“Way link complete. Way link!”

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Inc] Incident
In the Original Klingon
Seeds on your [Kli] facility. Once each turn you may stop your General, Chancellor or Emperor here to download Gagh Tek Or?, Qapla'!, Duj Saq, or To Be or Not to Be. Your Archaic Ritual, Jol Yichu'!, and Looking for Par'mach first stop one Honor OR Treachery.

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] Chateau Picard
Traditional home of the Picard family. Purveyors of the finest French wines for generations. In this villa French is hardly an archaic language.

Seeds or plays on Earth. Once per turn any Picard may report here (for free). Your Picards are attributes all +1. You may discard this even to download Laris and /or Zhaban.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
[Inc] A Piece of the Action
Plays on da table. One time, when da udda boss's goons complete a job, you can demand "a piece of the action." Da udda boss has gotta pay you off 30% (or twice that if they took your job) (with juice), or you put his goons on ice and your goons can hit their goons until somebody gets all da jobs done. (Dis incident is one of a kind).
Translation: Plays on table. Once per game, when an opponent's crew or away team completes a mission, you can demand "a piece of the action." Opponent transfers 30% of the points scored to you (60% if they solved your mission) (round up), or all of their personnel and ships are stopped, and your personnel and ships may initiate battle against their personnel and ships for the remainder of the game. (Unique.)

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
STCCG-Sokrates.png
STCCG-Sokrates.png (51.44 KiB) Viewed 1503 times

Translation:
[NA] Sokrates
CIVILIAN
Greek genius in the 5th century BC from Athens. Founder of the Western philosophy. Hoplite during the Peloponnesian War. Knows that he knows nothing.
[SD] Anthropology x3 [SD] Honor x2
[SD] Once every turn your opponent may ask a question about your hand cards. If you reveal and answered correctly, score points.
Integrity 10 Cunning 10 Strength 6

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]