For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:VOY: Unimatrix Zero
Yes, the "dissident" Borg, as we talked about in (what turned into) a "what you desire" topic (but that was ages ago).
I'd love to see that whole 2e mechanic ported to 1e.
OTOH, it's also cool that it's one of those things that 2e has and 1e doesn't.

I think the episode has great potential, both to give borg some powerful tools, but also to create some powerful anti-borg cards.

I magined

Unimatrix Zero Doorway
Seed during Facility.
At the end of every turn the player relocates a Borg personnel here. While there are more [NA] Borg than [BO] and no Queen on this card, [BO] cant complete objectives.

Objective: Close Unimatrix
You may relocate an additional [BO] each turn, then probe.
[SCN] Unimatrix closed: Players relocate their personnel to any mission. Score 25p

Janeway of Borg [BO] Countdown 2
One per game you may suspend play to draw a card.
When the countdown expires, opponent gets control of Janeway as [NA]
Janeways skills

some others could become Borg Infiltrator.
Last edited by Ensign Q on Sun May 10, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:VOY: Unimatrix Zero
Yes, the "dissident" Borg, as we talked about in (what turned into) a "what you desire" topic (but that was ages ago).
I'd love to see that whole 2e mechanic ported to 1e.
OTOH, it's also cool that it's one of those things that 2e has and 1e doesn't.

I think the episode has great potential, both to give borg some powerful tools, but also to create some powerful anti-borg cards.

I magined (...)
The first 2 card ideas might need polishing but feel surprisingly close to home. :thumbsup:
Going this way -- not copying 2e but actually adding more complex/interesting/fun plot-driven mechanics to 1e -- is perhaps exactly what I also felt (but couldn't yet adequately voice) when writing my above "OTOH" comment.
Following this way (Q's kind of ideas), 1e becomes more 1e, and 2e retains its own unique Dissident Borg flavour. Everyone wins!

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]