For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

What should be card #19?

Borg Queen, Unique
29%
William T. Riker, Riker Wil
No votes
0%
Vulcan, United Federation Planet
14%
Seska, 'Bajoran' Agent
14%
Kira Nerys, "Luma Rahl"
14%
Federation Institute, Evade Stupid Questions
14%
Tora Ziyal, Disowned Daughter
No votes
0%
Earth, Some Kind of Star Trek
14%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.

Last week's winner...

Congratulations to MattgomeryScott and his Kanon Fodar for becoming the seventh card to enter the set.

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #19...
[Bor] 4 •Borg Queen, Unique
[Cmd] Borg
•Diplomacy •3 Leadership •Treachery
Commander: Queen's Borg Cube. Interlink: Acquisition, Intelligence, Law, or Telepathy. (While this personnel is attempting a mission, you may discard the top card of your deck to make each of your Borg gain Acquisition, Intelligence, Law, or Telepathy until the end of that mission attempt.)
"She was... unique."
Integrity 4 Cunning 8 Strength 6
[Baj] (2) William T. Riker
Riker Wil
[Cmd]
[Maq]
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Intelligence [SD] Leadership [SD] Officer
Cancels non-requirement gametext on your Demilitarized Zone Missions where present.

Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 6
[P] Vulcan, United Federation Planet
[AQ] 40
Science and (Anthropology, Diplomacy, Law, and Integrity > 40) or (Archaeology, Astrometrics, Biology, and Cunning > 40).
You may play Vulcans and Human/Vulcans aboard your [Fed] or [SF] ship.
"Live long and prosper."
[Fed] [NA] [SF]
<2>
[Baj] 2 *Seska, 'Bajoran' Agent

[Stf] [Maq] Cardassian

Intelligence, Programming, Science, Treachery

Bajoran Resistance. Infiltrator.
While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may discard the top card of your deck to make her gain a skill on a [Maq] personnel in your discard pile until the end of that dilemma.

"Oh, thank the Prophets!"

Integrity: 3, Cunning: 6, Strength: 5

Notes:

I was surprised to discover we don't have a [Maq] Seska, so I made one. :-) As this is Seska pre-Caretaker she doesn't have quite the skill set of the Cardassian Agent, nor deviousness of her Pragmatic persona. But she is slightly less treacherous, or at least pretending to be, which ups her Integrity by a point. She has Bajoran Resistance as the expanded universe establishes she was originally assigned to infiltrate them. Finally her talent for adapting is reflected in her ability, which starts out Cardassian, before becoming Bajoran with a Maquis twist.
[Baj] (2) •Kira Nerys, "Luma Rahl"
Bajoran
[Stf] [Pa]
•Physics •Programming •Security
Assassin. Bajoran Resistance.
Order -
Return this personnel to her owner's hand and kill your personnel present to kill an opponent's personnel present.
"...she's a collaborator. She deserves whatever she gets."
INT 5 CUN 6 STR 6
[P] •Federation Institute, Evade Stupid Questions
[AQ] - 35 Points
Anthropology, Medical, Science, Cunning >34 and 3 Genetically Enhanced personnel
While your personnel are attempting this mission or this mission is complete, your Genetically Enhanced personnel gain Admiral.
"That's a stupid question!"
[Fed]
Span: 2
[Baj] (0) •Tora Ziyal, Disowned Daughter
Bajoran/Cardassian
[TN]
Biology, Geology, Honor
Dissident. When you play this personnel, discard a card from hand. When your non- [Baj] Intelligence personnel present is about to be stopped, you may stop this personnel instead.
"I don't need your company. But if you'd like to stay and share the heat with me, maybe tell me something about home that I don't know, then I would welcome your company."
Integrity 6 Cunning 4 Strength 4
[D] •Earth, Some Kind of Star Trek
[AQ] 40
2 Anthropology, 2 Engineer, 2 Leadership, and (Cunning>40 or Zefram Cochrane)
Region: Sector 001. You may play [NA] [Pa] ships (and corresponding Commanders) at this mission. When your personnel complete this mission, you may download a [Pa] Vulcan personnel, then place him or her at this mission.
"Alien? You mean extra-terrestrials. More bad guys?”
[Fed]
Span: 2

This week’s contest is...

Card #36!

The last card (numerically) in the set! The nearest established card we have is card #33 (GooeyChewie's U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship). That means we've got to have one of the following:
  • a [Fed] ship (after U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship)
  • a [Fer] ship
  • a [Kli] ship
  • a [NA] ship
  • a [Rom] ship
  • a [SF] ship
Closing date: Friday 22nd May(ish - I'll see how the entries come in, and if an extension's required/requested, we'll take it from there).

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won
6. Regional Dispute (Dilemma) - MattgomeryScott - 4
9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2
17. •Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel (Mission) - GooeyChewie - 6
19. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott - 1
22. Kanon Fodar (Personnel - Cardassian) - MattgomeryScott - 7
25. •Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist (Personnel - Federation) - Danny - 5
33. •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship (Ship - Federation) - GooeyChewie - 3
36. IN CREATION THIS WEEK

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[NA] 3 •U.S.S. Jenolan, Relic
[Cmd] [Stf]
Sydney Class
Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) You may play this ship at your Dyson Sphere as though you commanded a completed mission requiring Archaeology. While your unique Engineer is aboard this ship, it is staffed. When you complete this mission, you may destroy this ship to score 10 points.
"Just because something's old doesn't mean you throw it away."
Range 6 Weapons 5 Shields 6
Last edited by rferries on Fri May 15, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[SF] (4) •I.S.S. Enterprise, Earth Warship
[Cmd] [Pa] [AU] NX Class
Cloaking device. To play this ship you must command 3 [AU] personnel.
Order- Lose 5 points. Place your hand beneath your Earth (face down). At the start of your turn, return each card placed this way back to your hand.
"Maybe you haven't heard, but we have a rebellion to put down."
R:6 W:5 S:5

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
[NA] (3) •Spacematic, Trade Vessel
Scout Class
[Stf]
When you begin a mission attempt involving this ship, you may place a Commodity you command on this ship to subtract one from the total cost your opponent may spend on dilemmas for that mission attempt. When you complete a mission involving this ship, you may place a Commodity on this ship in your opponent's core.
"Ah, friend. Can I offer you a charming little tribble?"
RNG: 6 WPN: 5 SHD: 5

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:

[Rom] 6 *Deranas, Provocative Presence

[Cmd] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]

D'deridex Class

Cloaking Device.
Order: Name a keyword. While an opponent's personnel with that keyword is at this mission, if this ship is staffed, that opponent must discard a card from to use that keyword.

“Perhaps you'd like to tell us why we're here, Admiral.”

Range: 7, Weapons: 9, Shields: 9

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Rom] (6) •Belak
[Cmd] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
D'deridex Class
Cloaking Device. While at a [GQ] or [Car] mission, subtract 1 of each attribute requirement at that mission for each of your staffed ships with Intelligence aboard at this mission.
"I'm afraid the fault, dear Tain, is not in our stars but in ourselves.
Range 7 Weapons 9 Shields 9
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Wed May 20, 2020 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
6 votes cast, 5 entries in, and 2 days to go!

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
[Rom] (6) •Hroukhina, Chasing Tin Man
[Cmd] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
D'Deridex Class
Cloaking Device. When you win an engagement involving this ship, place each ship involved at another mission commanded by the same player in the same quadrant.
Order - Discard a Pursuit card from hand to begin an engagement involving this ship.
"According to my sensor readings, the warbird has exceeded maximum engine output by thirty percent.
Range 7 Shields 9 Weapons 9

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Is there any interest from the greater area to com[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]