For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
We have all seen that every once in a while we got a new 2E card that had a 1E version. Well, all I’m going to do is take all of the remaining cards and remake them as 2E cards. I plan on making most cards from a gameplay standpoint like the designers would, so no overpowering mechanics if I can help it. I will also not be creating any new icons or keywords. I will try and stick with the spirit of the card though. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
Zefram Cochrane as Zefram Cochrane, Ready to Make History (Personnel in To Boldly Go)

Original:
[NA] Zon
[Cmd] [AU] SECURITY
Nausicaan officer who stabbed young Jean-Luc Picard through the heart in a brawl at Starbase Earhart in 2327. Dom-jot player.
[SD]OFFICER [SD]Treachery [SD]Guramba [SD]May nullify Nausicaans dilemma where present.
[INTEGRITY 2] [CUNNING 4] [STRENGTH 11]

2E Equivalent:
[NA] 2 •Zon
Dom-jot Brawler
Nausicaan
[Cmd] [Pa]
[SD]Biology [SD]Officer [SD]Security [SD]Treachery
An opponent must have 2 Leadership present for that opponent to begin combat involving this personnel.
“Coward. Like all Starfleet. You talk and you talk, but you have no guramba.”
[INTEGRITY 2] [CUNNING 4] [STRENGTH 8]

Notes:
The last Non-Aligned personnel is one of the most fun 1E throwbacks I have done. The 1E Guramba skill had the hidden ability of exactly what is written above. I don't know if it is still true in the 1E rules, but I went with the idea that others were intimidated by him.

Next: I forgot the first Non-Aligned Ship…
Last edited by The Guardian on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Guardian wrote:To begin combat involving this personnel, your opponent must have 2 Leadership present.
"Your opponent must have 2 leadership to begin combat where this personnel is present."

Your text makes it so that I cannot start combat with my Zon unless my opponent has 2 leadership present. The other text attempts to fix that.
Last edited by whitestar29 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

By warpaw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I was wondering about that when I first read the card. Maybe my brain self corrected cuz it made sense. I love these conversions and I hope the CC uses them as models for any new 2e cards. :D
Last edited by warpaw on Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
whitestar29 wrote:
The Guardian wrote:To begin combat involving this personnel, your opponent must have 2 Leadership present.
"Your opponent must have 2 leadership to begin combat where this personnel is present."

Your text makes it so that I cannot start combat with my Zon unless my opponent has 2 leadership present. The other text attempts to fix that.
Thanks.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]