For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

What should be card #30?

Luther Sloan, Section 31 Operative
No votes
0%
Alidar Jarok, 'Sublieutenant Setal'
No votes
0%
J-25 Cube, First of Many
25%
Shinzon, New Power Rising
75%
Honey Bare, Brilliant Geologist
No votes
0%
M'Ret, Vice Proconsul
No votes
0%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.

Last week's winner...

Congratulations to WeyounsLastClone and his Alynna Nechayev, Persistent Projection for becoming the eleventh card to enter the set.

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #24...
[Fed] 5 •Luther Sloan, Section 31 Operative
[Cmd] [E] Human
•2 Intelligence •Officer •Programming •2 Security •2 Treachery
Admiral. Assassin. Infiltrator. Smuggler. Thief. When you play this personnel, you may download up to two Paranoia cards.
Order - Shuffle this personnel into your deck to destroy an event or shuffle up to two Paranoia cards from your discard pile into your deck.
"I lived in a world of secrets, of sabotage and deceit."
Integrity 2 Cunning 6 Strength 6
[Rom] 2 *Alidar Jarok, '"Sublieutenant Setal'

[Stf] Romulan

Navigation, Officer, Programming

Commander: Tiaru. Dissident.
While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may discard a card from hand to replace him with a [Rom] personnel from your hand. He or she joins this mission attempt. Place this personnel in your discard pile.

“I've sacrificed everything. It must not be in vain.”

Integrity: 4, Cunning: 6, Strength: 5

Notes:

One of the things that's always bugged me about Alternate Identity is that it is a perfectly Romulan cheater card, that you can't use during a mission attempt. So I figured a new version of Jarok was the next best thing. The Tiaru is Jarok's Romulan Scout Vessel. It was unnamed in the episode, so I've named it for his daughter as established in several novels and Star Trek Online. Speaking of which.

Bonus Card:

[Rom] 5 *Tiaru, Forlorn Hope

[Stf] [Stf] Lanora-Class

This ship is attributes +1 for each [Rom] Dissident aboard (limit +3.)

Romulan Scout Vessel that crossed into Federation space in 2366. Equipped with a self destruct system to avoid falling into the wrong hands. Briefly named for Admiral Jarok's daughter.

Range: 7, Weapons: 6, Shields: 6
[Bor] (7) •J-25 Cube, First of Many
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Cube
When a player downloads a card, place it on the top of his or her deck instead. At the start of your turn, place a number of cards from hand equal to the number of [Bor] [DQ] missions you command on the bottom of your deck, then draw an equal number.
"There is a system of roads on this planet, which indicates a highly industrialized civilization. But where there should be cities there are only great rips in the surface."
R:10 W:12 S:11
[Rom] (7) •Shinzon, New Power Rising
Human
[Cmd]
•Biology •Diplomacy •Engineer •Geology •2 Leadership •Officer •2 Treachery
Commander: Scimitar. Praetor.
When you play this personnel, you may kill up to seven Senator personnel you command; he is cost -1 for each Senator killed this way. You may download one Reman for each Senator killed this way.
INT 1 CUN 6 STR 6
[NA] (3) •Honey Bare, Brilliant Geologist
Hologram
[SD] Engineer [SD] 2 Geology [SD] Physics [SD] Science
When you play this personnel, you may take a Hologram you own from an opponent's brig and place it on your [NA] ship. When this personnel is killed by a dilemma, each player kills each copy of Jadzia Dax and Ezri Dax that he or she commands.
"Like this?"
Integrity 6 Cunning 7 Strength 6
[Rom](2) •M'Ret, Vice Proconsul
[Cmd] Romulan
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Honor, Law, Leadership
Dissident. Senator. When you play his personnel, discard a card from hand. At the start of your turn, if you command six dissidents, you may remove this personnel from the game to score 5 points.
"The men you helped rescue are safe."
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 5

This week’s contest is...

Card #20!

The established cards either side are #19, the Borg-affiliated personnel Borg Queen, Unique, and #21, the Borg-affiliated personnel Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone. No surprises that this means #20's got to be:
  • a [Bor] personnel (after Borg Queen, Unique), AND AT THE SAME TIME
  • a [Bor] personnel (before Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone)
The goodest of luck to you!

Closing date: Monday 22nd June(ish - I'll see how the entries come in, and if an extension's required/requested, we'll take it from there).

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won
2. Cascade Failure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 10
6. Regional Dispute (Dilemma) - MattgomeryScott - 4
9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2
17. •Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel (Mission) - GooeyChewie - 6
19. •Borg Queen, Unique (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 8
20. IN CREATION THIS WEEK
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott - 1
22. Kanon Fodar (Personnel - Cardassian) - MattgomeryScott - 7
24. •Alynna Nechayev, Persistent Projection (Personnel - Dominion) - WeyounsLastClone - 11
25. •Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist (Personnel - Federation) - Danny - 5
30. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE
33. •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship (Ship - Federation) - GooeyChewie - 3
36. •I.S.S. Defiant, Earth Warship (Ship - Starfleet) - Naetor - 9

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Bor] 5 •Data, Resisting Temptation
[Cmd] Android/Borg
•Astrometrics •Engineer •Honour •Intelligence •Physics •2 Programming •Science
While you command a [Bor] Dissident personnel, this personnel gains Dissident and "While you command a [Bor] non-Dissident personnel, this personnel loses all of his skills".
"She brought me closer to humanity than I ever thought possible. And for a time, I was tempted by her offer."
Integrity 8 Cunning 10 Strength 10

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Now that's the sort of tricky card design I remember so well from earlier seasons of Fill in the Blanks. It's good to have it back. :D

My Entry:

[Bor] 4 *Dukat, Voice of the Borg

[Cmd] [AU] Borg

2 Leadership, 2 Navigation, 2 Security, 2 Treachery

Order: Choose a captive in your brig. Discard cards from the top of your deck equal to the cost of that personnel to make this personnel gain all skills and keywords on that personnel. These effects last until this order is executed again. You may do this only once each turn.

Cardassian who spoke for the collective in a parallel universe.

Integrity: 1, Cunning: 6, Strength: 6

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
[Bor] (2) Counterpart Drone
Borg
[Stf]
• 2 Anthropology
Drone.
When you play a unique non-Drone [Bor] personnel, you may return this personnel to his owner's hand to choose one: that personnel is cost -1; or that personnel gains Diplomacy until the end of the turn.
TASK: Collaborate with unique intermediary in cultural assimilation. Facilitate.
INT 5 CUN 5 STR 5

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote:Now that's the sort of tricky card design I remember so well from earlier seasons of Fill in the Blanks. It's good to have it back. :D
This is some of my favourite space to dream card design in too; it's almost freedom from choice, rather than 'of'. Focuses the mind. :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Bor](2) Communication Drone
Borg [Stf]
Anthropology, Programming
Drone. This personnel is Cunning and Strength +1 for each Interlink drone present (limit +3). Once per turn while facing a dilemma, may gain the skill a Drone present can Interlink until the end of the mission attempt.
TASK: Facilitate interlink communications. Streamline.
Integrity 5 Cunning 5 Strength 5

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
5 entries, 3 votes, and 2 days to go!
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]