For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

What should be card #23?

Vornar, Loyal Glinn
40%
Quark, Romantic
20%
Lasaran, Federation Informant
20%
Siana, Pleasant Confidant
20%
Tekeny Ghemor, Blood and Water
No votes
0%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.

Last week's winner...

Congratulations to rferries and his Data, Resisting Temptation for becoming the thirteenth card to enter the set.

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #20...
[Car] (3) •Vornar, Loyal Glinn
[Stf] Cardassian
[SD] Anthropology [SD] Officer [SD] Physics [SD] Security
Dissident. Glinn. When a dilemma is about to be placed on this mission, if each personnel here is a dissident, it is overcome.
"Good luck, Legate Damar."
I:7 C:6 S:6
[Car] 3 •Quark, Romantic
[DS9] Ferengi
•Acquisition •Anthropology •Diplomacy •Honor •Intelligence •Programming
Dissident. When you are about to lose command of your Dissident present, you may place that personnel on the bottom of your deck or beneath your Ferenginar instead.
"So, all I have to do to get you back is wait until Cardassia becomes a free and democratic society?"
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 4
[Car] (0) •Lasaran, Federation Informant
Cardassian
[Stf]
•2 Intelligence •Officer
Dissident. Glinn.
Plays on your incomplete planet mission requiring Intelligence. This personnel cannot beam away from an incomplete planet mission. When you complete the mission this personnel was played on, randomly select an opponent's Infiltrator and return them to his or her owner's hand.
INt 5 CUN 6 STR 6
[Car] 1 *Siana, Pleasant Confidant

Cardassian

Anthropology, Biology, Diplomacy

When your Legate present is facing a dilemma, you may return this personnel to her owner's hand to make that personnel attributes +1 and gain a skill of your choice until the end of that dilemma.

“I really should be going.”
“Until tonight.”

Integrity: 5, Cunning: 5, Strength: 4
[Car] (2) •Tekeny Ghemor, Blood and Water
[Cmd] Cardassian
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Honor, Law, Leadership
Dissident. Legate. When you play this personnel, you may discard a card from hand to play this personnel at Deep Space Nine. When this personnel is killed, opponent's cards cannot destroy your events until the end of your opponent's next turn.
"Do you really expect me to trade my silence for a few short days under the Cardassian sun?"
Integrity 7 Cunning 6 Strength 3

This week’s contest is...

Card #15!

The cards we have on either side are #9, the equipment Encryption Codes, and #17, the mission Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel. That means it can be either:
  • an [Equ] (after Encryption Codes)
  • an [Evt]
  • an [Int]
  • a [H] , [P] or [S] mission (before Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel)
A few more choices with this one.

Closing date: Tuesday 7th July(ish - I'll see how the entries come in, and if an extension's required/requested, we'll take it from there).

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won
2. Cascade Failure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 10
6. Regional Dispute (Dilemma) - MattgomeryScott - 4
9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2
15. IN CREATION THIS WEEK
17. •Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel (Mission) - GooeyChewie - 6
19. •Borg Queen, Unique (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 8
20. •Data, Resisting Temptation (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 14
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott - 1
22. Kanon Fodar (Personnel - Cardassian) - MattgomeryScott - 7
23. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE
24. •Alynna Nechayev, Persistent Projection (Personnel - Dominion) - WeyounsLastClone - 11
25. •Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist (Personnel - Federation) - Danny - 5
30. •Shinzon, New Power Rising (Personnel - Romulan) - Danny - 12
33. •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship (Ship - Federation) - GooeyChewie - 3
36. •I.S.S. Defiant, Earth Warship (Ship - Starfleet) - Naetor - 9

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[P] •Remus, Reman Homeworld
[AQ] 35
Geology, 2 Leadership, Intelligence and Cunning>34
Region: Romulus System. Whenever you play a [Rom] ship or Reman at your Romulus, you may place it at this mission. While this mission is complete, your Remans are attributes +1 and gain Dissident.
"Shinzon and his followers will be met with all deliberate force and sent back to that black rock they came from."
[Rom]
Span 2
Last edited by rferries on Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[H] •Mouth of the Wormhole, Quark's Bar
[AQ]
You may play dabo girls, smugglers, thieves, waiters, [Fer] [DS9] cards, [NA] ships, and equipment at this mission.
Region: Bajor system. At the start of each player's turn, he or she may place cards from the top of their dilemma equal to the number of [H] missions they command beneath an opponent's incomplete [P] or [S] mission to make the first card played this turn cost -7 for each dilemma placed this way.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
<1>

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[P] •Earth, Antwerp Conference
[AQ] [40 pts]
2 Diplomacy, Law, Leadership and Integrity > 34 or 4 different keywords on 4 different personnel and Cunning >36
Region: Sector 001. At the end of his or her turn, your opponent may return his or her Infiltrator or Assassin at this mission to its owner's hand, to randomly select two of your personnel here to be killed.
Earth: "Federation President Jaresh-Inyo has declared a planet-wide day of mourning."
[Fed] [NA] [Rom]
Span 2
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[S] *Near Deep Space 9, Kidnap Other Universe Counterpart

[AQ] 30 points

Engineer, Physics, Transporters, (a Hand Weapon or Multidimensional Transporter Device) and Cunning > 35

Region: Bajor System. When you complete this mission, if each of your personnel here is an [AU] personnel, take up to three overcome dilemmas from beneath this mission and place them beneath you incomplete non-headquarters Mirror mission.

"Where are we?"

[Baj] [Car] [Fer] [Kli] [NA]

Span -2-

Notes:

Based on “Through the Looking Glass.” I thought it would be interesting to do a non-Mirror mission which benefits Mirror decks. So here the player uses their engineering know how, and a little brute force persuasion or tech, to grab someone from the main universe. In return they gain an advantage with a mission in the Mirror Universe. And Smiley has all the skills, because he's just that much of a badass. 8)

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I'm going to extend this to the following weekend, as I had a busy weekend myself, a busy week ahead, and I couldn't even get my own entry in. :thumbsdown:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
[H] •Earth, Starfleet Headquarters
[AQ]
You may play [E] cards and equipment at this mission.
Region: 001.
Order -
Stop your unique Admiral here to place a [Fed] [DS9] or [Fed] [TNG] personnel on this mission. At the end of this turn, place that personnel on the bottom of his or her owner's deck.

Federation Headquarters
(2)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation