For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

Vote for the Winner of June's Challenge "Artificial Intelligence"

Lewis Zimmerman, Father of Modern Holography
18%
Ruk, Mysterious and Spooky
36%
Time's Arrow
9%
Fully Functional
No votes
0%
Tom Servo's Used Robots
9%
Warhead
9%
Alpha Onias III, Barash's Illusion
No votes
0%
Mudd's Women
No votes
0%
Vic Fontaine, Brighter Than He Appears
9%
Shore Leave
9%

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome to the seventh season of the monthly Thematic Challenges! For those who are new to this, this challenge was started in 2011 by MattgomeryScott and was rebooted by me in 2019. Every month I will announce a topic or theme and everyone may create a dream card during that month and post it in the month's thread. Voting will be done during the next month. Everyone is invited to join and we appreciate every single submission. At the end of the year, there will be a little bit more demanding challenge and we will announce the overall winner of the season.

This season I would like to give polls a try to vote for the entries. I hope we will get some more votes and overall participation as everyone is welcome to vote for one of previous month's entries.

And as always, feel free to contact me as I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve this.

These are the entries from last month's challenge.
  1. [Fed] (3) •Lewis Zimmerman, Father of Modern Holography
    [Stf] [E] Human
    [SD] Engineer [SD] Physics [SD] 2 Programming [SD] Science
    You may play this personnel at cost +1 where you have three Holograms present together.
    Order - Stop this personnel to add a Hologram, a Holoprogram, or a copy of Holodeck Arch from your discard pile to your hand.
    "Why is everyone so worried about holograms taking over the universe?"
    Integrity 4 Cunning 7 Strength 4
  2. [NA] (4) •Ruk, Mysterious and Spooky
    [Cmd] [Pa] Android
    [SD] Engineer [SD] Exobiology [SD] Programming [SD] Security
    Assassin. Infiltrator. While you do not command Unicomplex, you may play this personnel at cost +2 to a planet mission requiring Programming.
    Order: Return this personnel to his owners hand to kill up to two opponent's non-unique personnel present.
    “Ruk was programmed to protect my experiments.”
    Integrity 4 Cunning 9 Strength 10
  3. [Obj] Time's Arrow
    [1E-AU]
    Seeds or plays on Earth. Your [1E-AU] [NA] (non- [MQ]) personnel may attempt Earth using these requirements:
    Data's Body OR The Foragers OR Samuel Clemens
    When solved, mission worth 25 points. You may download Data's Head, Ophidian Cane, and Samuel Clemens' Pocketwatch.
  4. [Evt] Fully Functional
    "I am programmed in multiple techniques. A broad variety of pleasuring."
    Plays on your Soong-type Android (for free on any Data) present with another personnel. Draw two cards. For the rest of the game, these two count as romantic partners, get attributes all +1 when present together, and each gain one regular skill the other personnel has. (Limit one per Soong-type Android.)
  5. Tom Servo's Used Robots
    Compatible Cybernetics, androids, and artificial intelligences may report here. Once per turn, your Cybernetics x2 or Miracle Worker may reprogram one android here, both are stopped. Your Exocomps here may use thier skills to repair this station.
    DS9/Terok Nor: Promenade
  6. [Evt] (4) •Warhead
    Damage. Decay: 4. Plays in your core. At the start of your turn, place the top card of your deck on this event. Your opponent may return an Engineer to hand to prevent this. When this event is destroyed, choose an opponent's ship and kill a personnel aboard that for each card on this event and if there are four cards on the event, place this event on that ship.
    "I am a weapon of mass destruction."
  7. [P] Alpha Onias III, Barash's Illusion
    [AQ] 35
    Leadership and (Geology, Physics, and Transporters Or Anthropology, Officer, and Security), and (Integrity>38 or Cunning>38).
    Region: Neutral Zone. At the start of your first turn, name a card. When an opponent plays that card, place the top card of his or her dilemma pile beneath this mission.
    "I'm running a level one diagnostic."
    "For thirty hours!? It would never take you more than four. You're incapable of that level of incompetence, Mister La Forge. Worf, where did you get that scar?"
    "In combat."
    "What battle? When? Which sector? Which unit? Mister Data, if we left immediately, when would we arrive at Outpost twenty three?"

[Fed] [NA] [Rom]
    <2>
  8. [Evt] Mudd's Women
    Harry Mudd somehow found himself the(in)capable leader of a vast array of androids. Their efficiency was limited only by his imagination.
    Plays on Harcourt Fenton Mudd. He gains Cybernetics. Once per turn your androids here may pass a gender related dilemma. May discard event to download an android to this location.
  9. [NA] (3) •Vic Fontaine, Brighter Than He Appears
    [DS9] Hologram
    [SD] 2 Anthropology [SD] 2 Programming
    Infiltrator. While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may place him on your Holoprogram. At the start of your turn, if this personnel is on your Holoprogram, you may return him to his owner's hand.
    "I'm between sets, so I transferred my matrix from that holosuite to this one."
    Integrity 5 Cunning 7 Strength 4
  10. [P] (3) Shore Leave
    Place on mission. Whenever a personnel uses a skill to overcome a dilemma at this mission, place that personnel on this dilemma. When your personnel complete this mission, place each personnel here on mission and remove this dilemma from the game.
    "None of this is permanent. Here you have to only imagine your fondest wishes, either old ones you wish to relive or new ones, anything at all. Battle, fear, love, triumph. Anything that pleases you can be made to happen."

These are the winners from last month's challenge.
  1. A Piece of the Action (3)
  2. A Good Death (2)
    Sokrates (2)

This is the overall scoreboard of this season.
Armus 11 (+3)
Danny 10 (+1)
HoodieDM 6
Naetor 6
Pazuzu 5 (+2)
Cartagia 3
WeyounsLastClone 3 (+1)
MattgomeryScott 3 (+2)
rferries 1
winterflames 1 (+1)

All kinds of sealed Boosters, buttons and promo foil cards from my collection. The specific distribution will be announced later this year.

January 2020: The Greatest Minds
February 2020: Armada
March 2020: Lady Crush
April 2020: DIY
May 2020: Talk Like Yoda
June 2020: Artificial Intelligence

Thematic Challenge VII 07: Roll for initiative!

Create a Star Trek CCG card about Dungeons & Dragons.

As you may already figured I like to use prominent birthdays as a source of inspiration for themes and this month is no different. Besides my crazy old and dead customizable card games another huge hobby is Dungeons & Dragons, which I play for more than 20 years with my group now. And it so happens that one of the creators of Dungeons & Dragon - Gary Gygax - has his birthday on 27 July 1938. I know that at least some of you guys also play his beloved game and so let us create some cards!
You can either create dream cards of one of the characters or create items as equipments. Of course you can also have it as a meta topic of your entry like we see the bridge crew playing poker.

DEADLINE 31th July 2020

Sneak peak for August's challenge: You put so much ginger in this, it’s a Weasley!
Last edited by Pazuzu on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[P] Dilemma
Mechanized Sentinel
Some missions come rife with scientific conundrums. Some require sneaking past a dragon to steal a priceless artifact from a secret castle. The days are varied.
Unless 2 Security and Strength >42 OR Garumba, a Thief, and an [Art] in away team, discard an [Equ] and randomly select a personnel to be killed.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] 2 •Dungeons and Dragons
Holoprogram. Plays in your core. Anthropology personnel gain Medical. Leadership personnel gain Security. Science personnel gain Telepathy. Acquisition personnel gain Thief.
Clerics, fighters, wizards, and rogues.
Bonus:
[NA] 8 •Raistlin Majere, Black-Robed Wizard
[Cmd] [AU] Human
•Archaeology •Astrometrics •Biology •Exobiology •3 Telepathy •2 Treachery
Wizard. This personnel is cost -1 if you command an Artifact. This personnel may meet Integrity and Strength requirements of dilemmas using Cunning.
Order - Choose one: destroy an event, or prevent the next interrupt that your opponent plays this turn. You may execute this order only once each turn.
"I am the master of the past and the present! My coming was foretold."
Integrity 2 Cunning 8 Strength 4
[Evt] 4 Gather The Party
Download a Medical personnel, a Security personnel, a Telepathy personnel, and a Thief. Destroy this event.
"Cleric, fighter, magic-user, and thief."
Last edited by rferries on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[NA] (1) •Sheila, The Thief
Human
[E] [Pa]
•Anthropology •Honor •Medical
Thief.
You may play this personnel at cost +1 to download Bobby. While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may exclude her from random selections.
After being transported to "The Realm" with her friends and Bobby, her younger brother, Sheila was given a cloak of invisibility, and later became skilled with curative potions.
INT 6 CUN 6 STR 4

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Art] Player's Handbook
Disclaimer: For safe utilization of elemental magic, remember the following guidelines. You can drink water but not fire. You can breathe air but not earth. You can walk on earth but not on water (unless you have the right pair of boots or spell). You can do a lot of things with fire, but almost all of them are bad ideas.
Use as Equipment card. Your Youth personnel without special skills present are all attributes +2 and add all one additional regular skill. (Select at the beginning of your turn; may re-select once each turn.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:

[Kli] 6 *I.K.S. Cha'Joh, Opportunistic Predator

[Cmd] [Cmd]

D-12 Class

Cloaking Device. This ship is attributes +2 for each Klingon 2 Treachery personnel aboard (limit +4)
When a random selection is made at this mission, you may lose 5 points to ignore its result and select again. You may do this only once each turn.

Multi-role bird of prey command by the Sisters of Duras in their quest to obtain weapons and funds to seize control of the Klingon Empire.

Range: 6, Weapons: 6, Shields: 5

Notes:

My knowledge of D&D is limited, so I decided to go the meta route with a D-12 class starship. To fit the dice theme, it lets you roll again by redoing a random selection (at a price.) And while it's an old design, with a sufficiently treacherous crew (say Lursa and B'Etor) it can take on even a Galaxy-Class starship.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Int] Way of the Warrior
Assault. Maneuver. When combat or an engagement begins, each of your [Kli] cards are attributes +1 until the end of this turn.
"As time passes, a boy inevitably becomes a man. What is not inevitable, is that a man become a warrior. A warrior must be forged like a sword, tempered by xp."

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Fed] ❖ Gary Gygax
CIVILIAN
[Holo]
One of the various historical figures recreated by Data on the holodeck. Often suggests other games to play during poker night. "Hello! It is... nice to meet you!"
[SD] Roll 3d6 when reporting for duty. First roll = X. Second roll = Y. Third roll = Z.
Integrity 5+X Cunning 5+Y Strength 5+Z
Last edited by Cartagia on Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Cartagia wrote:[Fed] ❖ Gary Gygax
CIVILIAN
[Holo]
One of the various historical figures recreated by Data on the holodeck. Often suggests other games to play during poker night. "Hello! It is... nice to meet you!"
[SD] Roll 3d6 when reporting for duty. First roll = X. Second roll = Y. Third roll = Z.
Integrity 5+X Cunning 5+Y Strength 5+Z
"Put the dice away or I will take them away!"
Last edited by Boffo97 on Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Plays in your core.

[P] Adventure
Roll a d6; 1-2: Integrity, 3-4: Cunning, 5-6 Strength.
Roll a second d6; unless you have 10 times the result of your second d6 of the attribute as a result of your first d6, all your personnel are stopped. Your opponent randomly selects a personnel from his or her discard pile; unless you have the skills on that personnel, this dilemma returns to its owner's dilemma pile.
Vulcan Observation icons

I just realized - shouldn't the icons on Vulcan ob[…]

New Tribbles are coming! Look busy! https://www.t[…]

You will need one more thing for this - compatibil[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]