For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

What should be card #8?

Dataport
33%
Desk Crystal
No votes
0%
Temporal Causality Loop
33%
Captain's Chair
33%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.

Last week's winner...
Winner - MOTW.png
Winner - MOTW.png (97.57 KiB) Viewed 767 times
Congratulations to Naetor and his Mouth of the Wormhole, Quark's Bar for becoming the fifteenth card to enter the set.

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #15...
[Equ] (3) •Dataport
Crime. When a dilemma is about to be revealed at your [NA] mission, you may stop your thief present to name a dilemma. When your personnel are about to face that dilemma, it is overcome instead. This effect last until the end of the mission attempt.
"Too bad. That's an expensive piece of hardware."
[Equ] •0 Desk Crystal
Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) You may play this equipment aboard your ship with its corresponding Archaeology Commander aboard as though you commanded a completed mission requiring Archaeology. When you play this equipment, draw a card.
Order - Stop your Commander present to return this equipment to its owner's hand.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard kept a small transparent crystal on the desk in his ready room aboard the USS Enterprise-D. He often played with the small stone when he had to make an important decision. His first officer, William T. Riker, also did so on occasion.
Bonus (because I brewed these up before realising I had mixed up Arik Soong with Noonien Soong):
[Equ] •0 Noonien Soong's Hologram
Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) When your Android present begins a mission attempt, you may reveal three Androids from hand to subtract one from the number of dilemmas your opponent may draw and one from the total cost he or she may spend on dilemmas.
Whoever you are, if you're watching this, you must have found out about Juliana. I programmed this hologram to answer any questions you might have. I'm Noonian Soong... I created her.
[NA] 5 •Noonien Soong, Long-Lost Father
Human
•2 Engineer •Physics •3 Programming •2 Science
You may play Androids at this mission. When you are about to lose command of your Android present, you may reveal three Androids from hand to stop that Android instead.
"You know what Michelangelo used to say? The sculptures he made were already there before he started, hidden in the marble. All he had to do was remove the unneeded bits. It wasn't quite that easy with you Data. But the need to do it, my need to do it, was no different than Michelangelo's need."
Integrity 6 Cunning 7 Strength 2
[S] (2) Temporal Causality Loop
This dilemma is cost +1 for each Temporal event in your opponent's discard pile. Unless you have Engineer, Physics, Science and Cunning>32, all your personnel are stopped. When this dilemma is about to be overcome, its owner may destroy their Temporal event to return it to their dilemma pile.
"Let's see if we can find out how long we've been in this..."
[Equ] 2 *Captain's Chair.

Plays on your unique ship. When your corresponding Commander aboard this ship is about to be killed by a [S] dilemma, you may destroy this equipment to prevent that.
Order: Name a unique personnel. While that personnel is aboard this ship, he or she is the corresponding Commanders of this ship. This effect lasts until this order is executed again.

"People don't enter Starfleet to become commanders, or admirals for that matter. It's the captain's chair that everyone has their eye on."

This week’s contest is...

Card #5!

The cards we have on either side are #2, the dilemma Cascade Failure, and #6, the dilemma Regional Dispute. That means it's gotta be either:
  • a [D] , [P] , or [S] dilemma (after Cascade Failure), or
  • a [D] , [P] , or [S] dilemma (before Regional Dispute)
Closing date: Monday 27th July(ish - I'll see how the entries come in, and if an extension's required/requested, we'll take it from there).

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won
2. Cascade Failure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 10
5. IN CREATION THIS WEEK
6. Regional Dispute (Dilemma) - MattgomeryScott - 4
8. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE
9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2
15. •Mouth of the Wormhole, Quark's Bar (Mission) - Naetor - 15
17. •Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel (Mission) - GooeyChewie - 6
19. •Borg Queen, Unique (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 8
20. •Data, Resisting Temptation (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 14
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott - 1
22. Kanon Fodar (Personnel - Cardassian) - MattgomeryScott - 7
23. •Vornar, Loyal Glinn (Personnel - Cardassian) - Naetor - 14
24. •Alynna Nechayev, Persistent Projection (Personnel - Dominion) - WeyounsLastClone - 11
25. •Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist (Personnel - Federation) - Danny - 5
30. •Shinzon, New Power Rising (Personnel - Romulan) - Danny - 12
33. •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship (Ship - Federation) - GooeyChewie - 3
36. •I.S.S. Defiant, Earth Warship (Ship - Starfleet) - Naetor - 9

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[P] 3 Nanoprobe Virus
Unless you have Medical, Programming, and Cunning > 40 or 3 Intelligence, randomly select a personnel to be stopped and place this dilemma in your core. Whenever a Persistent dilemma would cause you to lose command of one of your personnel, if the owner of this dilemma does not command that personnel they may place that personnel on their Unicomplex and take command of them.
"It would infect all lifeforms with nanoprobe viruses. Assimilation would be gradual. By the time they realised what was happening, half their population would be drones."

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[D] 2 'Legitimate' Suspicions

Randomly select a personnel. For each different keyword that personnel has, randomly select a personnel to be stopped.

"Sir, the Federation does have enemies! We must seek them out!"
"Oh, yes. That's how it starts. But the road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.”

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[D] (2) Off Button
Remove an Android or Hologram from the game.
"The Commander is a physical representation of a dream, an idea conceived of by the mind of a man. It's purpose is to serve human needs and interests. It's a collection of neural nets and heuristic algorithms. Its responses dictated by an elaborate software program written by a man. Its hardware built by a man. And now a man will shut it off... Pinocchio is broken. Its strings have been cut."
Last edited by Naetor on Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote:[D] 2 'Legitimate' Suspicions

Randomly select a personnel. For each different keyword that personnel has, randomly select a personnel to be stopped.

"Sir, the Federation does have enemies! We must seek them out!"
"Oh, yes. That's how it starts. But the road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.”

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Seven of Nine, Immersed In Chaos has had it too good for too long.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[D](3) Political Pressure
Your opponent reveals his or her hand. For each Admiral, Chancellor, Kai, Legate, Praetor, and personnel with 2 Leadership revealed, add a Diplomacy to this dilemma's requirement. Unless you have Diplomacy and Integrity >30, you may choose all your personnel to be stopped or you lose 5 points and discard your hand.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation