For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

What should be card #5?

Nanoprobe Virus
17%
'Legitimate' Suspicions
No votes
0%
Off Button
33%
Political Pressure
50%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.
Dataport.JPG
Dataport.JPG (25.63 KiB) Viewed 681 times
Last week's winner...
Congratulations to Naetor and his Dataport for becoming the sixteenth card to enter the set.

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #17...
[P] 3 Nanoprobe Virus
Unless you have Medical, Programming, and Cunning > 40 or 3 Intelligence, randomly select a personnel to be stopped and place this dilemma in your core. Whenever a Persistent dilemma would cause you to lose command of one of your personnel, if the owner of this dilemma does not command that personnel they may place that personnel on their Unicomplex and take command of them.
"It would infect all lifeforms with nanoprobe viruses. Assimilation would be gradual. By the time they realised what was happening, half their population would be drones."
[D] 2 'Legitimate' Suspicions

Randomly select a personnel. For each different keyword that personnel has, randomly select a personnel to be stopped.

"Sir, the Federation does have enemies! We must seek them out!"
"Oh, yes. That's how it starts. But the road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.”
[D] (2) Off Button
Remove an Android or Hologram from the game.
"The Commander is a physical representation of a dream, an idea conceived of by the mind of a man. It's purpose is to serve human needs and interests. It's a collection of neural nets and heuristic algorithms. Its responses dictated by an elaborate software program written by a man. Its hardware built by a man. And now a man will shut it off... Pinocchio is broken. Its strings have been cut."
[D](3) Political Pressure
Your opponent reveals his or her hand. For each Admiral, Chancellor, Kai, Legate, Praetor, and personnel with 2 Leadership revealed, add a Diplomacy to this dilemma's requirement. Unless you have Diplomacy and Integrity >30, you may choose all your personnel to be stopped or you lose 5 points and discard your hand.

This week’s contest is...

Card #27!

The cards we have on either side are #25, the Federation-affiliated personnel Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist, and #30, the Romulan-affiliated personnel Shinzon, New Power Rising. That means it's gotta be either:
  • a [Fed] personnel (after Cal Hudson)
  • a [Fer] personnel
  • a [Kli] personnel
  • a [NA] personnel
  • a [Rom] personnel (before Shinzon)
Closing date: Thursday 6th August(ish - I'll see how the entries come in, and if an extension's required/requested, we'll take it from there).

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won
2. Cascade Failure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 10
5. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE
6. Regional Dispute (Dilemma) - MattgomeryScott - 4
8. Dataport (Equipment) - Naetor - 16
9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2
15. •Mouth of the Wormhole, Quark's Bar (Mission) - Naetor - 15
17. •Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel (Mission) - GooeyChewie - 6
19. •Borg Queen, Unique (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 8
20. •Data, Resisting Temptation (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 14
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott - 1
22. Kanon Fodar (Personnel - Cardassian) - MattgomeryScott - 7
23. •Vornar, Loyal Glinn (Personnel - Cardassian) - Naetor - 14
24. •Alynna Nechayev, Persistent Projection (Personnel - Dominion) - WeyounsLastClone - 11
25. •Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist (Personnel - Federation) - Danny - 5
27. IN CREATION THIS WEEK
30. •Shinzon, New Power Rising (Personnel - Romulan) - Danny - 12
33. •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship (Ship - Federation) - GooeyChewie - 3
36. •I.S.S. Defiant, Earth Warship (Ship - Starfleet) - Naetor - 9

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Fer] 4 •Barclay Hologram, Inside Man
[Stf] [Voy] Hologram
•Acquisition •Anthropology •Diplomacy •Engineer •Intelligence •Programming •2 Treachery
Infiltrator. Thief. When you play this personnel, you may download up to two cards. Those cards must be Crime cards, Infiltration cards, or Borg Nanoprobes.
"In accordance with the seventy fourth Rule of Acquisition, Knowledge Equals Profit, I've enclosed the specifications you've requested. See you soon."
Integrity 2 Cunning 6 Strength 5

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:

[Kli] 4 *Worf, Commanding The Enterprise

[Cmd] [TNG] Klingon

Anthropology, Diplomacy, Honour, Leadership, Navigation, Officer

Commander: U.S.S. Enterprise-D When your Commander or [Kli] Diplomacy personnel present is about to be killed by a dilemma, you may destroy your Assault or Maneuver event to prevent that.

“You fool. Did it not occur to you that the war would be over by now?”

Integrity: 7, Cunning: 6, Strength: 8

Notes:

Based on the TNG episode “The Emissary.” The other day I noticed Worf is one of only three long term TNG cast not to have a version who can command the Enterprise-D in Second Edition, so figured I'd fix that. (The others are Deanna Troi and Data, as I don't think Wesley or Pulaski really count.) His skill set is a mix of other Worf's skills, while with his attributes he gets a slight bump in Cunning (it was his plan after all,) but at the expense of a point of Integrity (because tricking a Klingon into not dying in glorious battle is not the most honourable thing to do in their eyes.)

Finally his ability saves his fellow Commanders or Klingon diplomats (such as K'Ehleyr,) by finding a peaceful solution instead of battle.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I always thought the Ferengi "mechanic" should have been a crappy deck that gets better over time- like various deck-building card games. So here's my try, given how they are now...

[Fer] (5) •Zek, Visionary
Ferengi
[SD] 2 Acquisition [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Intelligence [SD] 2 Leadership
Grand Nagus.
Order- Stop your Acquisition Ferengi to shuffle a Slip of Gold-pressed Latinum into your deck.
" And the purpose of this conference is?"
"The future. And for Ferengi business interests, the future is already here."

I:5 C:7 S:2

And accompanying...

[Int] Slip of Gold-pressed Latinum
You cannot include this in your draw deck.
Order- Draw 2 cards.
Order- Shuffle a Strip of Gold-pressed Latinum into your deck.
"Respect is good. But latinum's better."

[Int] Strip of Gold-pressed Latinum
Order- Place a [Fer] personnel from hand aboard your ship.
Order- Shuffle a Bar of Gold-pressed Latinum into your deck.
"It's so beautiful. Not to mention smooth to the touch."

[Int] Bar of Gold-pressed Latinum
Order- Place a [Fer] ship from hand at your mission.
Order- Shuffle a Brick of Gold-pressed Latinum into your deck.
"I wonder who came up with the idea of suspending liquid latinum inside worthless bits of gold?"

[Int] Brick of Gold-pressed Latinum
Order- Place the top card(s) of your opponent's dilemma pile beneath each of your Acquisition missions. Remove this from the game.
"My greed has to be a shining light to everyone, a testament to the rewards of avarice."

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Fer](4) •Ishka, Business Woman
Ferengi
•2 Acquisition •Anthropology •Biology •Diplomacy •Honor •Leadership
When you play this personnel, she is cost -1 for each card beneath your Ferenginar.
When an opponent's card is about to destroy or prevent your Rule, you may return this personnel to hand to prevent that.
"Your father might have bought you your first copy of the Rules of Acquisition. But who helped you memorize them?"
Integrity 6 Cunning 7 Strength 3

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Kli] (1) •Worf, Hand of Destiny
Klingon
[Cmd] [DS9]
•2 Honor •Law •Officer •Security
To play this personnel, kill one of your Chancellors. When you play this personnel, you may download a Chancellor. At the start of each of your turns, if you do not command a Chancellor, stop this personnel.
"A new day must dawn for our people. I am not the man to usher in that day. But there is a man here who can."
INT 8 CUN 5 STR 8
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]