For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

What should be card #32?

Jem'Hadar Attack Squadron
No votes
0%
Tactical Cube 138, Formidable
50%
Resistance Raider
50%
"Chef", The Best in Starfleet
No votes
0%
Jem'Hadar Fighter
No votes
0%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbitholes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.

Last week's winner...
Zek.JPG
Zek.JPG (19.2 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Congratulations to Naetor and his Zek, Visionary for becoming the eighteenth card to enter the set.

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #32...
[Dom] (5) Jem'Hadar Attack Squadron
[Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] [TN] Attack Ship
To play this ship, you must command an Attack Ship. When a damage card is about to be placed on an opponent's ship, choose a personnel at that mission to be killed (two if this mission). You may do this only once each turn.
"They're using some kind of phased polaron beam to penetrate our shields."
R:7 W:10 S:7
[Bor] 7 •Tactical Cube 138, Formidable
[Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf] [Stf]
Cube
Your Drones at this mission may meet Intelligence, Law, and Officer requirements using Security.
"This is a class four tactical vessel, heavily armed. The central plexus is protected by multi-regenerative security grids. We'd be detected long before we could reach it."
Range 10 Weapons 12 Shields 11

Bonus, which may contain spoilers for PIC:

[Bor] 7 •The Artifact, Unquiet Graveyard
[Fut] Cube
Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) You may play this ship from your discard pile at your completed [S] mission requiring Archaeology. When you play this ship, if you command Unicomplex take up to seven Drones from your discard pile and place them aboard this ship. Otherwise, flip this card.
"The cube, it seems to be… I would almost say it's regenerating."
Flip side (which can't be played first):
[NA] 7 •The Artifact, Borg Reclamation Project
[Fut] Cube
This ship counts as an Artifact. You may play [Bor] Dissidents and non- [Bor] Borg from your discard pile aboard this ship at cost -1. While your Hugh or Seven of Nine is aboard this ship, it is staffed.
"What you're doing is good, Hugh. There's no need for it to be perfect. After all these years, you're showing what the Borg are underneath. They're victims, not monsters."
Any faction can claim the Cube - the Drones aboard are in stasis and can be converted to ex-Borg, but if you aren't careful they'll simply awake as part of the Collective...
[Baj] 2 Resistance Raider

[Stf] Raider Class

While you command Bajor, you may play this ship to your Region: Bajor mission. While you command more than 5 personnel aboard this ship, it is Range -2. This ship is attributes +1 for each Bajoran Resistance personnel aboard (limit +3.)

"All right, let's see if we can get out of here without bouncing off any walls."

Range: 2, Weapons: 2, Shields: 2.
[SF] (3) •"Chef", The Best in Starfleet
Human
[Pa]
•Anthropology •Biology •Science
Waiter.
If you have played an Enterprise or Commander: Enterprise personnel this turn, you may play this personnel at cost -2. If this personnel is aboard your Enterprise, your [SF] personnel present are attributes +1.
"I heard the Captain had to call in a lot of favours to get him on board."
INT 5 CUN 6 STR 5
[Dom](6) Jem'Hadar Fighter
[Cmd] [Stf]
Attack Ship
When you play this ship, it is cost -2 for each Jem'Hadar Fighter you command.
While your Alpha is aboard this ship, modify its attributes by +1.
"I hope we won't have to repeat this lesson."
Range 7 Weapons 8 Shields 7

This week’s contest is...

Card #1!

The first card of the set. As we already have card #2 in place, the dilemma Cascade Failure, this means it has to be:
  • a [D] , [P] , or [S] dilemma (before Cascade Failure)
(...unless you come up with a new card category, listed alphabetically before Dilemma)

Closing date: Tuesday 25th August(ish - I'll see how the entries come in, and if an extension's required/requested, we'll take it from there).

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won
1. IN CREATION THIS WEEK
2. Cascade Failure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 10
5. Political Pressure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 17
6. Regional Dispute (Dilemma) - MattgomeryScott - 4
8. Dataport (Equipment) - Naetor - 16
9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2
15. •Mouth of the Wormhole, Quark's Bar (Mission) - Naetor - 15
17. •Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel (Mission) - GooeyChewie - 6
19. •Borg Queen, Unique (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 8
20. •Data, Resisting Temptation (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 14
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott - 1
22. Kanon Fodar (Personnel - Cardassian) - MattgomeryScott - 7
23. •Vornar, Loyal Glinn (Personnel - Cardassian) - Naetor - 14
24. •Alynna Nechayev, Persistent Projection (Personnel - Dominion) - WeyounsLastClone - 11
25. •Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist (Personnel - Federation) - Danny - 5
27. •Zek, Visionary (Personnel - Ferengi) - Naetor - 18
30. •Shinzon, New Power Rising (Personnel - Romulan) - Danny - 12
32. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE
33. •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship (Ship - Federation) - GooeyChewie - 3
36. •I.S.S. Defiant, Earth Warship (Ship - Starfleet) - Naetor - 9

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[D] 4 Borg Attack
Persistent. (When your personnel complete this mission, this dilemma's owner may discard a non-personnel card from hand to return this dilemma to his or her dilemma pile.) Your opponent begins combat or an engagement involving their Drone at this mission. If they win, randomly select an involved personnel they do not command and place them aboard your opponent's ship at this mission. Your opponent now commands that personnel.
"RESISTANCE IS FUTILE."
Breaks the "no Persistent Dual dilemmas" rule, I know.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[P] 4 Ancestral Spirits

This dilemma is cost -1 for each different Ritual your opponent commands.
Place this dilemma in your core. Randomly select a personnel and place him or her on this dilemma. When you complete a mission, remove this dilemma from the game and unless you have the skills of the personnel on this dilemma place him or her out of play. Otherwise, place the personnel on this dilemma on your ship.
“You have what you need to save her yourself.”

Notes:

From the Voyager episode Sacred Ground, which surprisingly hasn't been touched since Voyager was first introduced in First Edition. It's guaranteed to remove one of your personnel from this mission attempt, and might make you reconsider what personnel to make future attempts with if you want to save one of your crew from the spirits. I also thought it would be fun to tie a card about Ancestors into the Ritual keyword, so the more versed in rituals your opponent is, the easier it is for them to use it against you.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Last edited by MattgomeryScott on Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[S] (1) Act of War
Unless you have Diplomacy, Intelligence, Law, Cunning>36 and opponent does not command this mission or one in the same region, place this in an opponent's core (he or she commands this card).
Order- Begin combat or an engagement. If you win, randomly select a personnel involved to be killed and draw cards equal to its cost. You may do this only once each turn.
"A test. A test of my loyalty. And you used me to lure the Enterprise into the Neutral Zone."

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
I'm going to bump this to the weekend; I've just had a week's 'staycation', and it was more exhausting and time-consuming than I anticipated.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[D] (2) Alluring Distraction
Place this dilemma on this mission. When your personnel are facing random selection here, your opponent may stop his or her Dabo Girl at this mission to choose from all eligible targets instead. At the end of your turn, you may randomly select your personnel present to be returned to hand to overcome this dilemma.

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]