For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

Vote for the Winner of August's Challenge "I Smell Bacon"

Kaga, "Iron" Chef
14%
Joseph Sisko, Visiting Father
14%
Cooking With Neelix
14%
Chef's Knife
No votes
0%
Iron Chef
No votes
0%
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
29%
A Dish Best Served Cold
No votes
0%
"Chef", The Best in Starfleet
No votes
0%
William T. Riker, "Chef"
14%
Jambalaya
No votes
0%
Neelix, Cook and Guide
14%

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome to the seventh season of the monthly Thematic Challenges! For those who are new to this, this challenge was started in 2011 by MattgomeryScott and was rebooted by me in 2019. Every month I will announce a topic or theme and everyone may create a dream card during that month and post it in the month's thread. Voting will be done during the next month. Everyone is invited to join and we appreciate every single submission. At the end of the year, there will be a little bit more demanding challenge and we will announce the overall winner of the season.

This season I would like to give polls a try to vote for the entries. I hope we will get some more votes and overall participation as everyone is welcome to vote for one of previous month's entries.

And as always, feel free to contact me as I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve this.

These are the entries from last month's challenge.
  1. [Kli] (1) •Kaga, "Iron" Chef
    [DS9] Klingon
    [SD] Acquisition [SD] Anthropology
    Waiter. When you play this personnel, name a dilemma. While is personnel is at your Mouth of the Wormhole, copies of that gain Consume: 1.
    "Gagh Tek Or."
    Integrity 5 Cunning 5 Strength 5
  2. [Fed] (3) •Joseph Sisko, Visiting Father
    [DS9] Human
    [SD] 2 Anthropology [SD] Biology [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Honor
    While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may stop him to unstop one of your other personnel present. That personnel joins the mission attempt and is attributes +1 for the rest of the turn.
    "I didn't come here to be entertained. I came to see you and Jake."
    Integrity 7 Cunning 6 Strength 3
  3. [Inc] Cooking With Neelix
    Plays on your ship (for free if U.S.S. Voyager.) (Unique) Your compatible cooks may report aboard (for free once each turn.) Once each turn, if your personnel is present with your cook aboard this ship you may stop both to try a new recipe (probe.)
    [Int] [Stf] Interesting: Draw one card.
    [Door] [NA] You've got to try this: Play one matching personnel aboard this ship.
    [Art] [HA] Needs something extra: Download one non-personnel card.
    [Cmd] [KW] Even-better-than-coffee substitute: Discard a card.
  4. [Equ] Chef's Knife
    Traditional kitchen utensil that comes in all sort of forms and shapes depending on the cuisine and the chef's preferences. In the hands of a skilled cook can be used as a blade weapon. Cuts more than bread.
    Cooks use only. Reports for free to any cook. Each of your cooks present is STRENGTH +2 and in each battle one of them may mortally wound one adversary they just engaged.
  5. [Int] Iron Chef
    To culinary battle!
    Two strongest cooks at one location battle. Place on winner to score points. If killed, points transfer to opponent. (Not duplicatable.) [10]
  6. [Int] Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
    „Now perhaps you can tell me what was so important that it required depriving the Captain of his cup of Earl Grey?“
    Countdown: 1
    Place on any card except [Int] . All card effects are suspended until countdown expires (stopped if personal or ship). (Captain‘s order) (Unique)
  7. [Int] A Dish Best Served Cold
    Ferengi tradition states that tubegrubs are best served chilled, with or without millipede sauce.
    Plays on your Ferengi cook or any Moogie. The next time they score points or leave play, you may place this card in your opponent's point area. [-5]
  8. [SF] (3) •"Chef", The Best in Starfleet
    [Pa] Human
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Biology [SD] Science
    Waiter. If you have played an Enterprise or Commander: Enterprise personnel this turn, you may play this personnel at cost -2. If this personnel is aboard your Enterprise, your [SF] personnel present are attributes +1.
    "I heard the Captain had to call in a lot of favours to get him on board."
    Integrity 5 Cunning 6 Strength 5
  9. [SF] (3) •William T. Riker, "Chef"
    [Cmd] Human
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Biology [SD] Honor [SD] Officer
    [TNG] When you play this personnel you may download Not Easily Destroyed. Your [SF] personnel present replace their species with Hologram.
    Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 6
  10. [Equ] Jambalaya
    Specialty cuisine of Sisko's Creole Kitchen. Replicators never get it quite right. Packs quite a kick.
    Reports to your cook (for free if cook is any Sisko). Your personnel present are Strength +1. Once per turn you may return to your hand to unstop a personnel present.
  11. [NA](2) •Neelix, Cook and Guide
    [Stf] [Voy] Talaxian
    [SD] Acquisition [SD] Anthropology [SD] Biology [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Navigation
    At the start of your turn, reveal the top 2 cards if your deck. If they have the same card type, draw one of them. If they have different card types, discard one of them. Place the other card on top or bottom of your deck.
    "Well, it was perfectly seasoned."
    Integrity 6 Cunning 5 Strength 5

These are the winners from last month's challenge.
  1. Player's Handbook (3)
  2. Dungeons and Dragons (2)
  3. Way of the Warrior (1)
    Illusionary Witches (1)
    Gary Gygax (1)
    Adventure (1)

This is the overall scoreboard of this season.
  1. Armus 12
  2. Danny 11
  3. Pazuzu 8 (+3)
  4. HoodieDM 8 (+1)
  5. MattgomeryScott 7
  6. Naetor 7 (+1)
  7. rferries 5 (+2)
  8. WeyounsLastClone 5
  9. Cartagia 4 (+1)
  10. winterflames 2

All kinds of sealed Boosters, buttons and promo foil cards from my collection. The specific distribution will be announced later this year.

January 2020: The Greatest Minds
February 2020: Armada
March 2020: Lady Crush
April 2020: DIY
May 2020: Talk Like Yoda
June 2020: Artificial Intelligence
July 2020: Roll for initiative!
August 2020: I Smell Bacon

Thematic Challenge VII 09: Size Matters Not

Create a Star Trek CCG card where less is more.

No special background for this months challenge. Just come up with a design that gives something less or small a benefit or advantage.

DEADLINE 30th September 2020

Sneak peak for October's challenge: Go, go, Gadget Copter!
Last edited by Pazuzu on Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Wow! There are some great cards included in the last challenge and it will be hard to cast a vote. For some time already I was thinking about changing the voting process and allow everyone three votes, so that you can appriciate more than one submission. Hopefully, we also get a clearer view on the winners. What would you think if we would start that with the next season in January?
Furthermore, I would like to welcome a newcomer: Blueshift. Thanks for joining us!

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm definitely in favour of more votes!
[Evt] 2 •Vinculum
To play this event, you must command three Drones. Plays in your core. Your Interlink personnel gain Telepathy and are Integrity +1.
"The processing device at the core of every Borg vessel. It interconnects the minds of all the drones. It purges individual thoughts and disseminates information relevant to the Collective."
Revamped Mouthpiece.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] Basic Security Training
Plays on table. When your non- [Bor] ❖ SECURITY that have two or less skills attempt a mission alone, you may re-select one of their skills everytime before you encounter a previously unencountered dilemma. Discard event if you scored points this turn. (Unique. Captain's Order.)
Last edited by Pazuzu on Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Evt] (2) •Archer's Philosophy
Event
Plays in your core. For every multiple of 10 your opponent's score is greater than yours, you may spend one additional counter each turn.
"You always thought you could win. No matter how far behind you were."
"As soon as you give up, the game's lost."

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Int] Auxiliary Power to Weapons
When an engagement begins, place this on your ship involved.
Order- Place this on your Defiant-class ship.
Damage- Personnel that cost 4 or more here are attributes +1. This ship is Weapons +2 and Shields -2.
"We're going to fight our way out of this."

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Having multiple votes is an interesting idea and does increase the chances that everyone gets at least one vote which is nice. I'd suggest having the number of votes be tiered and tied to total number of entries, as for example having 3 votes with only 4 entries creates problems of its own (e.g. if 4 people enter, 4 people with 3 votes each vote and nobody votes for themselves, you end up with a 4 way tie.)

Maybe something like?
1-4 entries = 1 vote each.
5-8 entries = 2 votes each.
9+ entries = 3 votes each.

Just a thought.

My Entry:

[D] 2 Romulan Mentality

Randomly select three personnel. Unless one of those personnel has Integrity <5, all three are stopped.

"Paranoia is a way of life for you, isn't it?"

Notes:

As a Romulan fan it always annoyed me there were plenty of cards that penalised Treachery and low integrity, but very few that made it into an advantage. So figured I'd redress the scales a little. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] Tough Little Ship
Proving that size isn't everything, Worf commanded the U.S.S. Defiant against the Borg during the Battle of 001. It ended up adrift, but salvageable.

Plays on your Defiant-class ship, scout ship, shuttle, or ship with no staffing requirements. It is SHIELDS +2. Once per game you may download a matching commander aboard. You may discard this event to prevent damage that would destroy this ship.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
[S] DILEMMA
3 Macrocircuitry
After being shrunk to a fraction of their original size, Julian Bashir and Miles O'Brian had to disable a security circuit on the commandeered Defiant's bridge

Place on ship; has no RANGE. Cure with Biology, Engineer, Computer Skill, and Transporter Skill (personnel stopped when cured). If countdown expires, ship destroyed.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[NA](1) •"Rumpelstiltskin", Alien Explorer
Alien
Anthropology, Astrometrics, Physics, 2 Science
When this personnel is randomly selected by a dilemma, return him to his owner's hand.
"I assume you want gold spun from straw?"
Integrity 5 Cunning 7 Strength 4
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation