For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

<t>Vote for the Winner of September's Challenge "Size Matters Not"</t>

Vinculum
No votes
0%
Basic Security Training
No votes
0%
Archer's Philosophy
30%
Auxiliary Power to Weapons
10%
Romulan Mentality
10%
Tough Little Ship
10%
Macrocircuitry
20%
"Rumpelstiltskin", Alien Explorer
20%

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome to the seventh season of the monthly Thematic Challenges! For those who are new to this, this challenge was started in 2011 by MattgomeryScott and was rebooted by me in 2019. Every month I will announce a topic or theme and everyone may create a dream card during that month and post it in the month's thread. Voting will be done during the next month. Everyone is invited to join and we appreciate every single submission. At the end of the year, there will be a little bit more demanding challenge and we will announce the overall winner of the season.

This season I would like to give polls a try to vote for the entries. I hope we will get some more votes and overall participation as everyone is welcome to vote for one of previous month's entries.

And as always, feel free to contact me as I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve this.

These are the entries from last month's challenge.
  1. [Evt] (2) •Vinculum
    To play this event, you must command three Drones. Plays in your core. Your Interlink personnel gain Telepathy and are Integrity +1.
    "The processing device at the core of every Borg vessel. It interconnects the minds of all the drones. It purges individual thoughts and disseminates information relevant to the Collective."
  2. [Evt] Basic Security Training
    Most security training involve basic training to improvise, adapt and overcome unforseen challenges after encounter during away team mission on unexplored planets.
    Plays on table. When your non- [Bor] ❖ SECURITY that have two or less skills attempt a mission alone, you may re-select one of their skills everytime before you encounter a previously unencountered dilemma. Discard event if you scored points this turn. (Unique. Captain's Order.)
  3. [Evt] (2) •Archer's Philosophy
    Plays in your core. For every multiple of 10 your opponent's score is greater than yours, you may spend one additional counter each turn.
    "You always thought you could win. No matter how far behind you were."
    "As soon as you give up, the game's lost."
  4. [Int] Auxiliary Power to Weapons
    When an engagement begins, place this on your ship involved.
    Order- Place this on your Defiant-class ship.
    Damage- Personnel that cost 4 or more here are attributes +1. This ship is Weapons +2 and Shields -2.
    "We're going to fight our way out of this."
  5. [D] (2) Romulan Mentality
    Randomly select three personnel. Unless one of those personnel has Integrity <5, all three are stopped.
    "Paranoia is a way of life for you, isn't it?"
  6. [Evt] Tough Little Ship
    Proving that size isn't everything, Worf commanded the U.S.S. Defiant against the Borg during the Battle of 001. It ended up adrift, but salvageable.
    Plays on your Defiant-class ship, scout ship, shuttle, or ship with no staffing requirements. It is SHIELDS +2. Once per game you may download a matching commander aboard. You may discard this event to prevent damage that would destroy this ship.
  7. [S] Macrocircuitry
    After being shrunk to a fraction of their original size, Julian Bashir and Miles O'Brian had to disable a security circuit on the commandeered Defiant's bridge.
    Place on ship; has no RANGE. Cure with Biology, Engineer, Computer Skill, and Transporter Skill (personnel stopped when cured). If countdown expires, ship destroyed.
  8. [NA] (1) •"Rumpelstiltskin", Alien Explorer
    Alien
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Astrometrics [SD] Physics [SD] 2 Science
    When this personnel is randomly selected by a dilemma, return him to his owner's hand.
    "I assume you want gold spun from straw?"
    Integrity 5 Cunning 7 Strength 4

These are the winners from last month's challenge.
  1. Tea, Earl Grey, Hot (2)
  2. Kaga, "Iron" Chef (1)
    Joseph Sisko, Visiting Father (1)
    Cooking With Neelix (1)
    William T. Riker, "Chef" (1)
    Neelix, Cook and Guide (1)

This is the overall scoreboard of this season.
  1. Armus 13 (+1)
  2. Danny 11
  3. Pazuzu 8
  4. HoodieDM 8
  5. MattgomeryScott 8 (+1)
  6. Naetor 8 (+1)
  7. rferries 6 (+1)
  8. WeyounsLastClone 6 (+1)
  9. Cartagia 4
  10. winterflames 2
  11. Blueshift 2 New!

All kinds of sealed Boosters, buttons and promo foil cards from my collection. The specific distribution will be announced later this year.

January 2020: The Greatest Minds
February 2020: Armada
March 2020: Lady Crush
April 2020: DIY
May 2020: Talk Like Yoda
June 2020: Artificial Intelligence
July 2020: Roll for initiative!
August 2020: I Smell Bacon
September 2020: Size Matters Not

Thematic Challenge VII 10: Inspector Gadget

Create a Star Trek CCG equipment card (or an artifact that can be used as an equipment) or a card that cares about equipments or artifacts.

DEADLINE 31th October 2020

Sneak peak for November's challenge: Blah! Blah! Blah!
Last edited by Pazuzu on Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Equ] 0 Orb Ark
When your personnel present begin a mission attempt or are facing a dilemma, you may destroy this equipment to download an Orb. If you can play Artifacts you may place that Orb at this mission.
The Orbs were contained inside ornate, jeweled Orb arks tended by monks, safeguarded inside monasteries and shrines. A force field also protected the Orb inside its vessel.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[NA] (3) •Henry Starling, "Father" of the Computer Revolution
Human
[Stf] [Pa]
•Acquisition •Engineer •Programming •Science •Treachery
Commander: Aeon. Thief.
When you play this personnel, you may discard a ship from hand to download any number of equipment cards with total cost equal to or less than the cost of the discarded ship.
"Without me there would be no laptops, no internet..."
INT 4 CUN 6 STR 5

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:09 am
[NA] (3) •Henry Starling, "Father" of the Computer Revolution
Human
[Stf] [Pa]
•Acquisition •Engineer •Programming •Science •Treachery
Commander: Aeon. Thief.
When you play this personnel, you may discard a ship from hand to download any number of equipment cards with total cost equal to or less than the cost of the discarded ship.
"Without me there would be no laptops, no internet..."
INT 4 CUN 6 STR 5
Damn... talk about throwing down the gauntlet... really solid design, Danny! I definitely have my work cut out for me this month!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Pazuzu wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:24 am
[S] DILEMMA
[3] Macrocircuitry
After being shrunk to a fraction of their original size, Julian Bashir and Miles O'Brian had to disable a security circuit on the commandeered Defiant's bridge.
Place on ship; has no RANGE. Cure with Biology, Engineer, Computer Skill, and Transporter Skill (personnel stopped when cured). If countdown expires, ship destroyed.
Just to clarify... that 3 is a 1e Countdown icon, not a 2e cost.

I've adjusted the text to read as intended.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:25 am Just to clarify... that 3 is a 1e Countdown icon, not a 2e cost.

I've adjusted the text to read as intended.
Sorry, my mistake. I fixed the list accordingly.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Armus wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:22 amDamn... talk about throwing down the gauntlet... really solid design, Danny! I definitely have my work cut out for me this month!
Cheers, man. I take this surprisingly seriously :wink:

By Blueshift
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
[Equ] Star Chart
Star charts compile all information on astronomical phenomena available to a civilization. They mark dangers to space travel and show where no one has gone before. Hic sunt dragones.

Per every of your Stellar Cartography skill once per game download and play for free one card with spaceline in lore (or insert under any mission if dilemma) where present. Not duplicable.
Last edited by Blueshift on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
More equipment for ships? I will give it a try though I think the name "equipment" does not fit 100%.
[Equ] Astrometrics Laboratory
Specialized science laboratory found on almost all starships. Can vary between small compartments on freighters to huge installments aboard space stations to observe and analyse the vast unknown regions of the universe.
Reports for free to your SCIENCE personnel. Cannot be moved. While on your ship or at a facility, it adds Stellar Cartography x2 to its special abilities and you may score 5 points whenever it helps to solve a mission. (Not cumulative.)

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] (1) Remarkable Discovery
Reveal cards from the top of your deck equal to the number of mission you command that require Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology. You my play any non-hand weapon artifacts. Then place the remaining cards on the bottom of your deck. Destroy this event.
"I am currently on an expedition. A journey into an unexplored and historical territory, and I intend to take you with me."

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
It's fresh in my mind, because I just watched Lower Decks, so this is a little bit of a spoiler, but nothing story related.

[Fed] Peanut Hamper
MEDICAL
One of the first Exocomps to enlist in Starfleet. Possess a keen survival instinct. Has a strained relationship with her father.
[SD] Biology [SD] Exobiology
[SD] May avoid any selection.
Integrity 5 Cunning 8 Strength 1

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[P] Bajor, Return Orbs
[AQ] [50pts]
2 Anthropology, 2 Archeology, 3 Honor, and Integrity >38
Region: Bajor. If this mission is completed and you command a completed Space mission and 5 Artifacts (or 3 Orbs) you win the game.
"It is quite simply, Commander, the journey you have always been destined to take."
[Baj] [Fed] [NA]
Span 2
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[Kaz] 3 *Scrapar, Kazon Tinkerer

[Stf] Kazon-Nistrim

Engineer, Programming, Physics, Science

While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may discard an equipment card from hand to choose an equipment card in any player's discard pile. This personnel gains one level of every skill in that card's gametext. This effect lasts until the end of this dilemma. You may do this only once each turn.

Integrity: 5, Cunning: 6, Strength: 5
Notes:

As equipment is one of the themes of my 2E Kazon affiliation ideas I thought I'd share this guy. One of the Kazon who tried to use Federation replicator tech in State of Flux, he's able to scavenge skills from discarded tech (showing off another theme for my Kazon, scavenging from discard piles, yours and the opponents.)

The skills he can pick up are pretty varied, from boosting his engineering credentials with an Engineering Kit (Engineer and Physics,) or Engineering PADD (Engineer and Astrometrics,) to branching out into other fields with a Universal Translator (Officer and Diplomacy) or Medical Tricorder (Medical and Exobiology,) to something a little more exotic (Artifacts will net you Acquisition, Anthropology, and Archaeology.) He's a handy guy to have around.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]