For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

WHAT SHOULD BE CARD #16?

Qo'noS, Klingon Civil War
33%
Q-Continuum Civil War, Embrace Freedom
33%
Orellius, Escape "Paradise"
No votes
0%
Risa, Search for Tox Uthat
33%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbit holes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.

Last week's winner...

Congratulations to MattgomeryScott and his Unwanted "Upgrade" for becoming the twenty third card to enter the set.

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #...
[P] •Qo'noS, Klingon Civil War
[AQ] 50
2 Intelligence, 2 Security, 3 Treachery, and (Cunning >48 or Strength >48)
While you command either Founders' Homeworld or Romulus and no other headquarters missions, you may play Treachery Klingons, equipment, and [Kli] ships at this mission. You may attempt and complete this mission using your [Fed] personnel with these requirements: Astrometrics, Diplomacy, 2 Honour, Leadership, Navigation, Security, and Integrity >48.
"Captain, you and I know that they have conspired with Romulans in the past. If they should be the victors in this war, they will surely form a new Klingon/Romulan alliance. That would represent a fundamental shift of power in this quadrant."
[Dom] [Kli] [Rom]
Span 2
[P] *Q-Continuum Civil War, Embrace Freedom

[QQ] 30 points

Astrometrics, Biology, Diplomacy, Exobiology, and Integrity > 32

Q. Temporal. When you complete this mission, flip it over.

"It's terrible, isn't it? But it's also a wonderful opportunity"

Any affiliation may attempt.

Span: 3.
Other side:
[P] *Q-Continuum Civil War, Restore Status Quo

[QQ] 0 points

Archaeology, Law, Security, and Strength > 30

Q. Temporal. At the start of each opponent's turn, if their personnel on this planet have this mission's printed requirements, flip this mission. Otherwise your Q events and interrupts cannot be destroyed or prevented by non-Q cards and your Q personnel cannot be stopped or killed by non-Q dilemmas.

No personnel may attempt this mission.

Span: 3.

Notes:

Thought it would be fun to use the Temporal mission format to create a double sided mission of the Q Civil War from the Voyager Episode “The Q and the Grey.” If you embrace freedom you get to use some of the Q's powers, but your opponent can always come along and restore the status quo. As an extradimensional space the Q-Continuum also gets its own Quadrant.
[P] •Orellius, Escape "Paradise"
[AQ] (35)
Engineer, Honor, Officer, Programming, and (Integrity>28 or Cunning>30)
Equipment on this mission loses its gametext. If this mission is incomplete, unless a player commands a staffed ship here, their personnel may not beam from this planet.
"Welcome to our community."
[Fed]
(2)
[P] •Risa, Search for Tox Uthat
[AQ] [30 pts]
Archaeology, Intelligence, Leadership, and Cunning >32 or Anthropology, Security, a Thief, and Strength >32
Region: Sector 001. When this mission is completed, Artifacts you play are cost -1.
"Well, let's just say I've heard rumours that the Uthat is located somewhere on Risa. "
[Fed] [NA]
Span 2

This week’s contest is...

Card #31!

Card #30 is the [Rom] affiliated personnel, Shinzon, New Power Rising, while Card #32 is [Baj] affiliated ship, Resistance Raider, so to fill the hole, we're looking for a:
  • a [Rom] personnel (after Shinzon, New Power Rising
  • a [SF] personnel
  • a [Baj] ship (before Resistance Raider)
Closing date: The weekend of the 17th/18th September(ish - the admin on this is shocking, especially after I managed to break last week's page somehow and give it a "Fatal Error").

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won
1. Assuring Distraction (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 20
2. Cascade Failure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 10
5. Political Pressure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 17
6. Regional Dispute (Dilemma) - MattgomeryScott - 4
7. Unwanted "Upgrade" (Dilemma) - MattgomeryScott - 23
8. Dataport (Equipment) - Naetor - 16
9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2
11. Business Priorities (Event) - WeyounsLastClone - 21
15. •Mouth of the Wormhole, Quark's Bar (Mission) - Naetor - 15
16. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE
17. •Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel (Mission) - GooeyChewie - 6
19. •Borg Queen, Unique (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 8
20. •Data, Resisting Temptation (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 14
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott - 1
22. Kanon Fodar (Personnel - Cardassian) - MattgomeryScott - 7
23. •Vornar, Loyal Glinn (Personnel - Cardassian) - Naetor - 14
24. •Alynna Nechayev, Persistent Projection (Personnel - Dominion) - WeyounsLastClone - 11
25. •Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist (Personnel - Federation) - Danny - 5
27. •Zek, Visionary (Personnel - Ferengi) - Naetor - 18
28. •Klaang, First Contact (Personnel - Klingon) - MattgomeryScott - 22
30. •Shinzon, New Power Rising (Personnel - Romulan) - Danny - 12
31. IN CREATION THIS WEEK
32. Resistance Raider (Ship - Bajoran) - MattgomeryScott - 19
33. •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship (Ship - Federation) - GooeyChewie - 3
36. •I.S.S. Defiant, Earth Warship (Ship - Starfleet) - Naetor - 9
Last edited by Danny on Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The honour of creating Unwanted "Upgrade" goes to MattgomeryScott but I'll graciously accept it on their behalf. 8)
[SF] 1 •Malcolm Reed, Section 31 Operative
[Stf] [Pa] Human
•Intelligence •Officer •Physics •Programming •Security •Treachery
Infiltrator. While this personnel is facing a dilemma requiring Honour or Law he is attributes -4.
"Captain, there are some obligations that go beyond my loyalty to you and this crew."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 6
Last edited by rferries on Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
rferries wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:05 pm The honour of creating Unwanted "Upgrade" goes to MattgomeryScott but I'll graciously accept it on their behalf. 8)
Apologies to Matt. I'll get that updated. In my defence, I was doing it at speed, from partial memory, and it was an educated guess - you're normally the first to submit an entry ;)

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[SF] (3) •Matthew Harris, Agent
[Cmd] [Pa] Human
[SD] 3 Intelligence [SD] Security
Order- Stop this personnel to exchange the top card of your opponent's dilemma pile with a dilemma he or she owns beneath your mission.
"First, we need an understanding... That by speaking to me, you're back in the game. Simple as that."
I:4 C:6 S:6
Last edited by Naetor on Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
[Baj] (2) •Baraka, Solar Ship
[Stf]
Shabren Class
This ship requires only two Damage cards to destroy it. While this ship is damaged, your [Baj] personnel aboard are Integrity +2 and Cunning +1.
"I suggest you reconsider your plans. Solar vessels are very fragile, and it's a long way to the Denorias Belt at sublight speeds."
RNG 3 WPN 0 SHD 3

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:48 am
rferries wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:05 pm The honour of creating Unwanted "Upgrade" goes to MattgomeryScott but I'll graciously accept it on their behalf. 8)
Apologies to Matt. I'll get that updated. In my defence, I was doing it at speed, from partial memory, and it was an educated guess - you're normally the first to submit an entry ;)
No worries, these things happen. Unfortunately with the change of forum I'm coming here a lot less now, so "he who enters first" may not be such a good measure of whose entry it is.

Speaking of entries, here's mine for this time:

[SF] 0 *Porthos, Archer's Pal

[Pa] Dog

Animal. (This personnel cannot gain skills or use equipment.)

While this personnel is present with your [SF] Commander, both are attributes +1 (limit +1)
When your [SF] Commander present is about to be killed by a dilemma, you may stop this personnel to stop him or her instead.

“Going where no dog has gone before.”

Integrity: 4, Cunning: 3, Strength: 3

Notes:

Figured I'd add the one major crew member from Enterprise missing from 2E... Porthos! My general idea for animals is that they're cheap personnel with no staffing, low attributes and no/few skills, but who can boost other cards in some way. They also can't use equipment (no hands) or gain skills (because you can't teach an old dog new tricks... ;-) )

Speaking of animals, here are a couple more.

Bonus:

[Fed] 0 *Spot, True and Valued Friend

[TNG] Cat

Order: Stop this personnel to unstop your Android present.
When this personnel is about to be killed, return her to her owner's hand.

"Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,
An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature."

Integrity: 2, Cunning: 4, Strength: 4

[Fed] 0 *Livingston, I Presume

[TNG] Lionfish

To play this personnel you must command a [TNG] ship. Plays on your [TNG] ship.
Order: If this personnel is aboard your [TNG] ship, stop this personnel and that ships corresponding Commander present to download an interrupt.

"'The anomaly… my ship… my crew… I suppose you're worried about your fish, too.

Integrity: 3, Cunning: 2, Strength: 1

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[SF](3) •Maxwell Forrest, NX Project Co-ordinator
[Cmd] [Pa] Human
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Honor, Leadership, Officer, Navigation
Admiral. At the start of your turn you may choose a [SF] Leadership personnel present to become the commander of a [SF] ship at this mission. This effect lasts until you choose again.
"It wasn't an easy decision. You'll be backup."
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 5
Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]