For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

WHAT SHOULD BE CARD #31?

Malcolm Reed, Section 31 Operative
25%
Matthew Harris, Agent
No votes
0%
Baraka, Solar Ship
No votes
0%
Porthos, Archer's Pal
50%
Maxwell Forrest, NX Project Co-ordinator
25%

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Welcome to Fill in the Blank Season 3: Decipher!

Each week I'll post the collector’s information for one of the cards in the set’s card-list.

Contestants are free to create whatever card they see fit for that slot in the card-list, keeping in mind the surrounding cards. As the contest progresses, the card-list will become more and more defined, guiding the contestants’ choices.

The theme of our set is Decipher! You're free to interpret this how you want, but in my mind, I found myself going down one of two rabbit holes, those being...
  • the secretive, possibly Intelligence based path, or
  • the keyword path (keyword's being the key to deciphering ciphers)
Not every card has to fit the theme, of course, but it’s something to keep in mind when coming up with entries.

Each week a poll will go up for the previous week's entries. Simply vote for one you like the most. In the event of a tie, I'll let a random result generator make the decision.

Last week's winner...

Congratulations to rferries and his Qo'noS, Klingon Civil War for becoming the twenty fourth card to enter the set.

Last week's entries to pick from for Card #31...
[SF] 1 •Malcolm Reed, Section 31 Operative
[Stf] [Pa] Human
•Intelligence •Officer •Physics •Programming •Security •Treachery
Infiltrator. While this personnel is facing a dilemma requiring Honour or Law he is attributes -4.
"Captain, there are some obligations that go beyond my loyalty to you and this crew."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 6
[SF] (3) •Matthew Harris, Agent
[Cmd] [Pa] Human
[SD] 3 Intelligence [SD] Security
Order- Stop this personnel to exchange the top card of your opponent's dilemma pile with a dilemma he or she owns beneath your mission.
"First, we need an understanding... That by speaking to me, you're back in the game. Simple as that."
I:4 C:6 S:6
[Baj] (2) •Baraka, Solar Ship
[Stf]
Shabren Class
This ship requires only two Damage cards to destroy it. While this ship is damaged, your [Baj] personnel aboard are Integrity +2 and Cunning +1.
"I suggest you reconsider your plans. Solar vessels are very fragile, and it's a long way to the Denorias Belt at sublight speeds."
RNG 3 WPN 0 SHD 3
[SF] 0 *Porthos, Archer's Pal

[Pa] Dog

Animal. (This personnel cannot gain skills or use equipment.)

While this personnel is present with your [SF] Commander, both are attributes +1 (limit +1)
When your [SF] Commander present is about to be killed by a dilemma, you may stop this personnel to stop him or her instead.

“Going where no dog has gone before.”

Integrity: 4, Cunning: 3, Strength: 3

Notes:

Figured I'd add the one major crew member from Enterprise missing from 2E... Porthos! My general idea for animals is that they're cheap personnel with no staffing, low attributes and no/few skills, but who can boost other cards in some way. They also can't use equipment (no hands) or gain skills (because you can't teach an old dog new tricks... ;-) )

Speaking of animals, here are a couple more.

Bonus:

[Fed] 0 *Spot, True and Valued Friend

[TNG] Cat

Order: Stop this personnel to unstop your Android present.
When this personnel is about to be killed, return her to her owner's hand.

"Felis catus is your taxonomic nomenclature,
An endothermic quadruped, carnivorous by nature."

Integrity: 2, Cunning: 4, Strength: 4

[Fed] 0 *Livingston, I Presume

[TNG] Lionfish

To play this personnel you must command a [TNG] ship. Plays on your [TNG] ship.
Order: If this personnel is aboard your [TNG] ship, stop this personnel and that ships corresponding Commander present to download an interrupt.

"'The anomaly… my ship… my crew… I suppose you're worried about your fish, too.

Integrity: 3, Cunning: 2, Strength: 1

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
[SF] (3) •Maxwell Forrest, NX Project Co-ordinator
[Cmd] [Pa] Human
Anthropology, Diplomacy, Honor, Leadership, Officer, Navigation
Admiral. At the start of your turn you may choose a [SF] Leadership personnel present to become the commander of a [SF] ship at this mission. This effect lasts until you choose again.
"It wasn't an easy decision. You'll be backup."
Integrity 6 Cunning 6 Strength 5

This week’s contest is...

Card #3!

Card #2 is the dilemma Cascade Failure, while Card #5 is another dilemma Political Pressure, so these has to be a:

• [D] , [P] or [S] dilemma (alphabetically between the two)
Closing date: The weekend of the 7th/8th November(ish).

Good luck!

Note: This'll be a 36 card set.

Decipher Card List
Number - Name - Type - Contestant - Week it won
1. Assuring Distraction (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 20
2. Cascade Failure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 10
3. IN CREATION THIS WEEK
5. Political Pressure (Dilemma) - WeyounsLastClone - 17
6. Regional Dispute (Dilemma) - MattgomeryScott - 4
7. Unwanted "Upgrade" (Dilemma) - MattgomeryScott - 23
8. Dataport (Equipment) - Naetor - 16
9. Encryption Codes (Equipment) - WeyounsLastClone - 2
11. Business Priorities (Event) - WeyounsLastClone - 21
15. •Mouth of the Wormhole, Quark's Bar (Mission) - Naetor - 15
16. •Qo'noS, Klingon Civil War (Mission) - rferries - 24
17. •Rukani Sector, Commandeer Federation Vessel (Mission) - GooeyChewie - 6
19. •Borg Queen, Unique (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 8
20. •Data, Resisting Temptation (Personnel - Borg) - rferries - 14
21. •Eleven of Twenty-Three, Decryption Drone (Personnel - Borg) - MattgomeryScott - 1
22. Kanon Fodar (Personnel - Cardassian) - MattgomeryScott - 7
23. •Vornar, Loyal Glinn (Personnel - Cardassian) - Naetor - 14
24. •Alynna Nechayev, Persistent Projection (Personnel - Dominion) - WeyounsLastClone - 11
25. •Cal Hudson, Embittered Colonist (Personnel - Federation) - Danny - 5
27. •Zek, Visionary (Personnel - Ferengi) - Naetor - 18
28. •Klaang, First Contact (Personnel - Klingon) - MattgomeryScott - 22
30. •Shinzon, New Power Rising (Personnel - Romulan) - Danny - 12
31. THE SUBJECT OF THIS WEEK'S VOTE
32. Resistance Raider (Ship - Bajoran) - MattgomeryScott - 19
33. •U.S.S. Defiant, Imposing Warship (Ship - Federation) - GooeyChewie - 3
36. •I.S.S. Defiant, Earth Warship (Ship - Starfleet) - Naetor - 9

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[S] 1 D'Arsay Comet
Your opponent searches his or her dilemma pile and chooses a dilemma that has a cost of 2 or less to place on top of his or her dilemma stack. Then your opponent shuffles his or her dilemma pile and this dilemma returns to its owner's dilemma pile.
"Why would they want to hide something like that inside a comet?"
Space equivalent of Vault of Tomorrow.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[D] 5 Demonic Possession

This dilemma is cost -1 for each Pah-wraith card in this dilemma's owner's discard pile.
Your opponent chooses a personnel to be stopped, and if the opponent on your left commands Bajor and does not command that personnel, your opponent now commands that personnel (he or she becomes [Baj], loses Honour, gains Infiltrator and 2 Treachery, and is Integrity 1.)

“Now it's time for me to tell you something... I'm not Keiko.”

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[P] (3) Dangerous Holiday
Choose a personnel to be killed. If your opponent commands an Artifact, and you do not, your opponent may choose a personnel to be killed instead. Unless you have Archaeology, Leadership, and Science or Anthropology, Security, and Treachery, remove this dilemma from the game.
"Was it a relaxing trip, captain?"

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
For those participants still participating, apologies for the lack of updates, but I'm going to have to put this on ice for the time being - when I started running this latest FitB, things were quiet here, but things at work and home have been gathering speed and mass of late, and I'm afraid the FitB ball is the one I've got to drop.

:cross: I'll be able to pick it up again at some point. I'll keep you posted.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:06 am For those participants still participating, apologies for the lack of updates, but I'm going to have to put this on ice for the time being - when I started running this latest FitB, things were quiet here, but things at work and home have been gathering speed and mass of late, and I'm afraid the FitB ball is the one I've got to drop.

Hey man no worries! We're all living in interesting times right now, best wishes to you and yours.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Danny wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:06 am For those participants still participating, apologies for the lack of updates, but I'm going to have to put this on ice for the time being - when I started running this latest FitB, things were quiet here, but things at work and home have been gathering speed and mass of late, and I'm afraid the FitB ball is the one I've got to drop.

No worries Danny. Hope things work out at work and home, and look after yourself.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]