For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

Vote for the Winner of Novembers's Challenge "Forgotten Episode, Take 1"

Life Prolongation Project
No votes
0%
Quarantine
11%
John Farrell, Diligent Comms Officer
22%
A Woman's Jealousy
No votes
0%
Race Against Time
11%
Educate Minors
11%
Earth Two, Rebuild Civilization
11%
Youth in Revolt
33%

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome to the seventh season of the monthly Thematic Challenges! For those who are new to this, this challenge was started in 2011 by MattgomeryScott and was rebooted by me in 2019. Every month I will announce a topic or theme and everyone may create a dream card during that month and post it in the month's thread. Voting will be done during the next month. Everyone is invited to join and we appreciate every single submission. At the end of the year, there will be a little bit more demanding challenge and we will announce the overall winner of the season.

This season I would like to give polls a try to vote for the entries. I hope we will get some more votes and overall participation as everyone is welcome to vote for one of previous month's entries.

And as always, feel free to contact me as I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve this.

*** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ***
December's challenge will be a special one and will count double for the determination of the overall winner. I will announce the Theme for December on Novemeber 15th to give you a headstart. Since we want a winner on New Year's Eve the challenge will only run until Christmas and then we will have a week of dedicaded votings.

These are the entries from last month's challenge.
  1. [P] (3) Life Prolongation Project
    Unless you have 3 Medical or Biology, Science, and Cunning > 40, place this dilemma on this mission. Personnel on this planet are attributes -1. Your opponents subtract one from each Consume on dilemmas they own.
    "Life prolongation. Didn't have much luck, did they?"
  2. [1E-P] Quarantine
    „I am a carrier. Whatever happens, I can’t go back to the ship…and I do want to go back to the ship, Captain.“
    Mission attempt continues but away team is quarantined (stopped) for one full turn after mission attempt ends (even if successful)
  3. [Fed] (1) •John Farrell, Diligent Comms Officer
    [Stf] [TOS] [Pa] Human
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Navigation [SD] Officer
    You may play this personnel at cost +1 to name a skill and choose a [TOS] personnel present. That personnel gains that skill until the end of the turn.
    "Here are those figures you asked for."
    Integrity 6 Cunning 5 Strength 5
  4. [Int] A Woman's Jealousy
    When Miri saw Captain Kirk comforting Janice Rand when she broke down due to her infection, she became jelous and capture her with the help of the other Onlies.
    Plays just after one of your female personnel was just randomly selected. Replace that personnel with another female personnel in your hand; this is now the selected personnel.
  5. [1E-P] Race Against Time
    After being infected by the age prolongation virus, the Enterprise away team had only a few days to find a cure.
    Place on planet; quarantined. End of every player's turn, kills lowest strength non-Youth personnel present. Cure with 3 Biology, 3 Medical, and (3 Computer Skill OR Classic Communicator)
  6. [P] Educate Minors
    Miri's Planet: Teach local children on duplicate Earth first encountered in 23rd Century.
    Exobiology + SCIENCE + Diplomacy + (a Teacher OR Miri OR SECURITY x2.)
    Teachers and [OS] Youth may report on planet.
    [Fed] [NA] [Vul] Image (Alpha)
    <Span 3>
  7. [P] •Earth Two, Rebuild Civilization
    [AQ] Image
    Anthropology, Engineer, Leadership, Medical, and Integrity >34
    When you complete this mission, you may draw a card for each [NA] personnel here (limit 3).
    "They'll be all right."
    [Fed] [SF]
    Span 2
  8. [D] (1) Youth in Revolt
    Unless you have more personnel that cost 4 or more than personnel who cost 2 or less, this dilemma's owner chooses a personnel that costs 3 to be killed.
    "Bonk! Bonk! On the head! Bonk! Bonk!"

These are the winners from last month's challenge.
  1. Henry Starling, "Father" of the Computer Revolution (4)
  2. Remarkable Discovery (1)
    Peanut Hamper (1)
    Bajor, Return Orbs (1)
    Scrapar, Kazon Tinkerer (1)

This is the overall scoreboard of this season.
  1. Danny 18 (+4)
  2. Armus 15
  3. MattgomeryScott 10 (+1)
  4. Naetor 10 (+1)
  5. Pazuzu 8
  6. HoodieDM 8
  7. WeyounsLastClone 8 (+1)
  8. rferries 6
  9. Cartagia 6 (+1)
  10. winterflames 2
  11. Blueshift 2

All kinds of sealed Boosters, buttons and promo foil cards from my collection. The specific distribution will be announced later this year.

January 2020: The Greatest Minds
February 2020: Armada
March 2020: Lady Crush
April 2020: DIY
May 2020: Talk Like Yoda
June 2020: Artificial Intelligence
July 2020: Roll for initiative!
August 2020: I Smell Bacon
September 2020: Size Matters Not
October 2020: Inspector Gadget
November 2020: Forgotten Episode, Take 1

Thematic Challenge VII 12: Three's Company

Create a set of three to nine cards for a group that hasn't been a card yet.
A group can be almost everything, some lose connected cards via lore or gameplay, a new faction, or even a new affiliation. The sky's the limit!

DEADLINE 24th December 2020

Sneak peak for January's challenge: Save our downtown!

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Pazuzu wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:25 amCreate a set of three to nine cards for a group that hasn't been a card yet.
A group can be almost everything, some lose connected cards via lore or gameplay, a new faction, or even a new affiliation. The sky's the limit!
Can they have appeared in one edition of the game, but not another? E.g. [Vul] have appeared in 1E, but not in 2E, and there's plenty that can be done there...

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:44 am
Pazuzu wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:25 amCreate a set of three to nine cards for a group that hasn't been a card yet.
Can they have appeared in one edition of the game, but not another? E.g. [Vul] have appeared in 1E, but not in 2E, and there's plenty that can be done there...
Yes, I am totally fine with that!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Facepalm.

I completely missed the "hasn't been a card yet." So my entry is invalid before it's even posted! :?

Back to the drawing boards! :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

P.S. I'll still post up my "other" entry as a separate post at some point. So it's two for one Thursday it seems. :wink:

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
This isn't a complete set unto itself, rather a series of examples of possible mechanics for a possible Xindi faction. The main theme is making use of the various Xindi racial keywords.

Event
[Evt] 0 •Xindi Avian Skull
Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) Avian. Plays in your core. Each Xindi Council Member you command is Integrity+1 and gains Archaeology.
"My grandfather lived there. He told me of places where the sky was sometimes filled with Avians."
n.b. the skull grants the Avian keyword, and is the only way to obtain it.

Missions
[H] •Xindus, Doomed Homeworld
[AQ]
You may play [Xin] cards, [NA] cards, and equipment at this mission.
Region: Delphic Expanse. While you command another headquarters mission your [Xin] personnel are attributes -1. While you command no other headquarters mission, you may play [Xin] ships at cost -1 for each of the following keywords you command: Aquatic, Arboreal, Avian, Insectoid, Primate, and Reptilian.
Xindus: "As well as being unstable politically, our planet was even more unstable geologically."
Xindi Headquarters
Span 2
The Xindi are xenophobic and distrust outsiders, so they work best with just one HQ pumping out ships for an assault on Earth. A more "friendly" HQ could be the Xindi Council Planet where the Xindi meet and are persuaded by Archer.
[P] •Azati Prime, Build Xindi Weapon
[AQ] 50
2 Engineer, 2 Intelligence, Physics, Security, and Cunning>48
Region: Delphic Expanse.
Order - If this mission is complete and you command an Aquatic, Arboreal, Avian, Insectoid, Primate, and Reptilian, flip this mission.
"You'll never get close to the weapon! Our defense perimeter will destroy you!"
[Xin]
Span 3
And the flip side:
[S] •Xindi Weapon, Destroy Earth
[AQ] 50
Astrometrics, Leadership, 2 Navigation, 2 Security, and Strength>48
Region: Sector 001. You may begin engagements involving your [Xin] ships at your opponents' headquarters missions. Whenever you win an engagement at an opponent's headquarters mission, that opponent discards a card and the top card of their deck.
"Open the vortex… Set a course for Earth!"
[Xin]
Span 3
n.b. An alternative Xindi Superweapon could be as a super-high-cost "ultimate" ship that can be played only with the HQ's cost reduction.

Personnel
These are the leaders of the various Xindi races, and would be supplemented by others if the faction became official.

n.b. Insectoids are always cheap and non-unique (even their leaders), and Aquatics are always Strength 1 (except when aboard their racial ships).
[Xin] 3 •Degra, Xindi Weapon Designer
[Cmd] [Pa] Xindi
•Anthropology •Astrometrics •Engineering •Physics
Primate. Xindi Council Member. While this personnel is facing a dilemma, you may discard a non-Primate [Xin] personnel from hand to name a skill. Each Xindi present gains the named skill until the end of that dilemma.
"When it arrived in your star system, I watched the incoming telemetry with the other members of the council. Seven million lives… were extinguished in front of my eyes. I asked myself how many of those were children?"
Integrity 6 Cunning 7 Strength 4
[Xin] 3 •Dolim, Xindi Military Leader
[Cmd] [Pa] Xindi
•Leadership •Navigation •Officer •Security •Treachery
Reptilian. Xindi Council Member. While this personnel is facing a dilemma or in combat, you may discard a non-Reptilian [Xin] personnel from hand to make each Xindi present Strength +1 for the rest of that dilemma or combat.
"Patience is for the dead."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 7
[Xin] 1 Insectoid Councillor
[Cmd] [Pa] Xindi
•Exobiology •Programming •Transporters
Insectoid. Xindi Council Member. While this personnel is attempting a mission, you may discard a non-Insectoid [Xin] personnel from hand to make each Xindi present Cunning +1 for the rest of that mission attempt.
"It was more than good fortune. The Human claims the Guardians control the Spheres."
Integrity 5 Cunning 5 Strength 5
[Xin] 3 •Jannar, Arboreal Scientist
[Cmd] [Pa] Xindi
•Biology •Geology •Honour •Medical •Science
Arboreal. Xindi Council Member. While this personnel is attempting a mission, you may discard a non-Arboreal [Xin] personnel from hand to make each Xindi present Integrity +1 for the rest of that mission attempt.
"What we do is for... our children's future. Remember that."
Integrity 7 Cunning 6 Strength 4
[Xin] 3 •Kiaphet Amman'sor, Ibix Dynasty Leader
[Cmd] [Pa] Xindi
•Diplomacy •2 Law •Honour •Leadership
Aquatic. Xindi Council Member. When you begin a mission attempt involving this personnel, you may discard a non-Aquatic [Xin] personnel from hand to name a skill. Each Xindi present gains the named skill for the rest of the mission attempt.
"We won't submit to intimidation."
Integrity 7 Cunning 7 Strength 1
Ships
Each [Xin] ship has the matching keyword (Aquatic, Insectoid, etc) of the race that uses it, and can only be staffed while a member of that race is aboard.

For example:
[Xin] 4 Xindi-Aquatic Cruiser
[Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]
[PA] Cruiser Class
Aquatic. To staff this ship, you must have an Aquatic [Xin] personnel aboard. Your Aquatic personnel aboard this ship are Strength +9.
The Xindi-Aquatic cruiser was a type of starship used by the Xindi-Aquatics during the 22nd century. The vessel was at least 1,800 meters long, heavily armed, and equipped with the most advanced technology of any of the five Xindi species.
Range 7 Weapons 7 Shields 7
Last edited by rferries on Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Nice, but it's a little more than nine, dude... :wink:

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Let's try some time travel without a Time Location:
[Obj] Tell Sanctuary District Stories
Seeds on Earth; you may download Gabriel Bell. Your [NA] personnel may attempt Earth using these requirements:
Leadership + Honor + Integrity > 35
When solved, each turn you may reveal a non-Treachery [NA] personnel from hand to tell their story. Score points equal to their Integrity. (Once per persona.)
[NA] Gabriel Bell
[1E-AU] CIVILIAN
Protected hostages during the 2024 Bell Riots in the San Francisco Sanctuary District. Gained access to the governant network and allowed hundreds to tell their story. Killed by a SWAT team. Close resemblance to Benjamin Sisko.
[SD] Leadership [SD] Honor [SD] Diplomacy [SD] Computer Skill
Integrity 8 Cunning 8 Strength 8
[NA] Biddle Coleridge
[1E-AU] CIVILIAN
Took hostages in the San Francisco Sanctuary District processing center during the Bell Riots in 2024 2024. Simply called BC. Ghost streetgang leader with violent tendencies. Idolized Errol Flynn. Thief.
[SD] Leadership [SD] Honor OR Treachery
[DL] Remington Model 870 Shotgun
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 8
[NA] Michael Webb
[1E-AU] CIVILIAN
Help Gabriel Bell to protect the hostages during the San Francisco Sanctuary District Bell Riots in 2024. Former plant manager for ChemTech Industries. Civil rights advocate. Father of Danny and Jeannie.
[SD] ENGINEER [SD] Honor [SD] Law [SD] Diplomacy
[SD] Score double points when revealed to tell his story.
Integrity 8 Cunning 7 Strength 4
[Equ] Remington Model 870 Shotgun
Handgun often used by law enforcement in the 20th and 21st century on Earth. Standard issue for the San Francisco Police Department. Equipped with a folding stock.
Each of your personnel present is STRENGTH +2. Twice per game, your 20th or 21st century [1E-AU] personnel present may nullify a dilemma requiring SECURITY where present. Lose all points scored from Tell Sanctuary District Stories when used. (Not Cumulative.)
Last edited by Pazuzu on Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:10 am Just to make sure, the group should be new, right? Or should every character in the group also be new to the game we're making the card for?
The group should be new.

Can you elaborate the second question? It does not necessarily need to be a new character, just a new card.
rferries wrote:Mea culpa, got carried away! I've deleted the excess.
No worries :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pazuzu wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:12 am
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:10 am Just to make sure, the group should be new, right? Or should every character in the group also be new to the game we're making the card for?
The group should be new.

Can you elaborate the second question? It does not necessarily need to be a new character, just a new card.
Okay, second question was to clarify, but did the opposite I guess :D
So (not that that's my current idea) would make the Merry Men from TNG that would be okay.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:38 pm So (not that that's my current idea) would make the Merry Men from TNG that would be okay.

I think the Merry Men already exist in Second Edition. For First Edition it would be fine.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Pazuzu wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:13 am
WeyounsLastClone wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:38 pm So (not that that's my current idea) would make the Merry Men from TNG that would be okay.

I think the Merry Men already exist in Second Edition. For First Edition it would be fine.
Picard and Vash exist in 2e. The rest don't.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation