For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome to the eighth season of the monthly Thematic Challenges! For those who are new to this, this challenge was started in 2011 by MattgomeryScott and was rebooted by me in 2019. Every month I will announce a topic or theme and everyone may create a dream card during that month and post it in the month's thread. Voting will be done during the next month. Everyone is invited to join and we appreciate every single submission. At the end of the year, there will be a little bit more demanding challenge and we will announce the overall winner of the season.

This season I would like to try multiple votes. Therefore, starting with this season you will have three votes each challenge curating your favourite entries.

And as always, feel free to contact me as I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve this.

These are the entries from last month's challenge.

These are the winners from last month's challenge.

This is the overall scoreboard of this season.

All kinds of sealed Boosters, buttons and promo foil cards from my collection.

Thematic Challenge VIII 01: Millennium Gate

Create a card from the Star Trek: Voyager episode "11:59".

DEADLINE 31st January 2021

Sneak peak for February's challenge: So, you're saying that the supernatural is your exclusive province?
Last edited by Pazuzu on Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] 3 •The Millenium Gate
Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) Plays on your headquarters mission. Whenever an opponent completes a mission, score 10 points if you have fewer points than that opponent.
The Millennium Gate was a 21st century structure and Earth's first self-sustaining civic environment.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:

[NA] 3 *Shannon O'Donnel, Finding Her Way

[Pa] Human

Astrometrics, Engineer, Navigation, Physics, Programming,

When you play this personnel you may choose one: download a [Fut] card; take a [Pa] card from your discard pile into hand; or the next non- [Pa], non- [Fut] card you play this turn is Cost -2.

“I'm stuck in the future, you're stuck in the past, but maybe we could... get unstuck in the present.”

Integrity: 5, Cunning: 6, Strength: 5

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
[P] (3) Construction Delay

Unless you have 2 Acquisition and no [Pa] Personnel or 2 Engineer and a [Fut] Personnel, all of your personnel are stopped and this dilemma is placed on this mission. You may not begin a mission attempt here. At the end of your next turn, remove this dilemma from the game.

" If we can't work out an arrangement in Portage Creek, we'll have no choice but to select another location."
Last edited by Armus on Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[D] (1) Despondent Descendant
Your opponent chooses a personnel and a personnel card in your discard pile. Unless they share one or more of the same skills, stop that personnel.
"Don't be too hard on her. She may not have known she was supposed to live up to your expectations."
Shannon (Janeway's ancestor), as one of the 'first female astronauts' and 'driving force behind the Millennium Gate project', inspired Janeway to go into Starfleet. It's understandable that Janeway would be sad (stopped) if she found out that, in reality, she and her ancestor (personnel in discard pile) actually had little in common (no shared skills).

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Dual] DILEMMA
[CD:2] Family Legend
Kathryn Janeway suffered something of an identity crisis when she discovered the truth about her ancestor's associationwith the Millennium Gate Project.
Stops one [Cmd] or OFFICER (random selection), place dilemma on mission. Personnel at this location lose all printed skills on selected Personnel. Nullify with a Councilor or Morale Office.

By Blueshift
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
[1E-Int] 11:59

Cpt. Janeway found inspiration in her ancestors’ ability to embrace the future and leave the past behind as history entered a new millennium.

If opponent points >60, replace (discard) up to three cards on table by downloading any card to each. (Unique)

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Int] Happy Ancestors' Eve
In 2375 the crew of the U.S.S. Voyager introduced April 22 as the Happy Ancestors' Eve, an evening of reflection in honor of those who had come before. Uncle Jack would approve.
Download to your personal one relative: a personal with the same family name, the same house, or another family relationship stated in the lore.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]