For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

Vote for the Winner of Januar's Challenge "Millennium Gate"

The Millenium Gate
11%
Shannon O'Donnel, Finding Her Way
22%
Construction Delay
17%
Despondent Descendant
17%
Family Legend
17%
11:59
No votes
0%
Happy Ancestors' Eve
17%

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome to the eighth season of the monthly Thematic Challenges! For those who are new to this, this challenge was started in 2011 by MattgomeryScott and was rebooted by me in 2019. Every month I will announce a topic or theme and everyone may create a dream card during that month and post it in the month's thread. Voting will be done during the next month. Everyone is invited to join and we appreciate every single submission. At the end of the year, there will be a little bit more demanding challenge and we will announce the overall winner of the season.

This season I would like to give multiple votes a chance. In the past it happened all too often that we had tied monthly winners. In hope to spread the field a bit, everyone will receive three votes. You do not have to use all three votes, but now you can clearly mark your top three of the monthly entries.[/b]

And as always, feel free to contact me as I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve this.

These are the entries from last month's challenge.
  1. [Evt] (3) •The Millenium Gate
    Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) Plays on your headquarters mission. Whenever an opponent completes a mission, score 10 points if you have fewer points than that opponent.
    The Millennium Gate was a 21st century structure and Earth's first self-sustaining civic environment.
  2. [NA] (3) •Shannon O'Donnel, Finding Her Way
    [Pa] Human
    [SD] Astrometrics [SD] Engineer [SD] Navigation [SD] Physics [SD] Programming
    When you play this personnel you may choose one: download a [Fut] card; take a [Pa] card from your discard pile into hand; or the next non- [Pa], non- [Fut] card you play this turn is Cost -2.
    “I'm stuck in the future, you're stuck in the past, but maybe we could... get unstuck in the present.”
    Integrity 5 Cunning 6 Strength: 5
  3. [P] (3) Construction Delay
    Unless you have 2 Acquisition and no [Pa] Personnel or 2 Engineer and a [Fut] Personnel, all of your personnel are stopped and this dilemma is placed on this mission. You may not begin a mission attempt here. At the end of your next turn, remove this dilemma from the game.
    "If we can't work out an arrangement in Portage Creek, we'll have no choice but to select another location."
  4. [D] (1) Despondent Descendant
    Your opponent chooses a personnel and a personnel card in your discard pile. Unless they share one or more of the same skills, stop that personnel.
    "Don't be too hard on her. She may not have known she was supposed to live up to your expectations."
  5. [Dual] Family Legend
    [CD:2]
    Kathryn Janeway suffered something of an identity crisis when she discovered the truth about her ancestor's associationwith the Millennium Gate Project.
    Stops one [Cmd] or OFFICER (random selection), place dilemma on mission. Personnel at this location lose all printed skills on selected Personnel. Nullify with a Councilor or Morale Office.
  6. [1E-Int] 11:59
    Cpt. Janeway found inspiration in her ancestors’ ability to embrace the future and leave the past behind as history entered a new millennium.
    If opponent points >60, replace (discard) up to three cards on table by downloading any card to each. (Unique)
  7. [Int] Happy Ancestors' Eve
    In 2375 the crew of the U.S.S. Voyager introduced April 22 as the Happy Ancestors' Eve, an evening of reflection in honor of those who had come before. Uncle Jack would approve.
    Download to your personal one relative: a personal with the same family name, the same house, or another family relationship stated in the lore.

These are the winners from last month's challenge.

This is the overall scoreboard of this season.

All kinds of sealed Boosters, buttons and promo foil cards from my collection. The specific distribution will be announced later this year.

January 2021: Millenium Gate

Thematic Challenge VIII 02: Ghostbusters
Create a Star Trek CCG card about supernatural phenomenos or abilities.

DEADLINE 28th February 2021

Sneak peak for March's challenge:When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[NA] 4 •Ronin, Howard Family Ghost
Anaphasic Lifeform
•2 Anthropology •2 Diplomacy •2 Telepathy •2 Treachery
Infiltrator. Subtract two from each Consume on each of your dilemmas revealed at this mission.
"You have been using me, Nana, my entire family for centuries!"
"And I loved all of them! And they loved me."

Integrity 2 Cunning 8 Strength 8
Last edited by rferries on Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Armus wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:45 pm Dang it! I was totally going with candle sex ghost!

Back to the drawing board....
The worst/best bit about this submission is Infiltrator.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Whether on the sea or amongst the stars, ships and the paranormal have always gone hand in hand. After all, many a sailor can tell a tale of a ghost ship... :shifty:

My Entry:

[Fed] 4 *U.S.S. Essex, Ghost Ship

[Cmd] [Stf]

[TNG] [Pa] Daedalus Class

When you play this ship you may lose 5 points to download up to three [TNG] personnel you do not command and place them aboard this ship. Your opponent now commands those personnel. At the start of your next turn, you take command of those personnel.

“The U.S.S. Essex under the command of Captain Bryce Shumar disappeared in this sector over two centuries ago.”

Range: 7, Weapons: 6, Shields: 6

Notes:

A ship and crew for the mere cost of 4 counters and 5 points may sound too good to be true... but what mischief can your opponent cause before you've solved the little passenger problem that comes with it? Though it doesn't appear on screen, word of Okuda is that it was Daedalus class, and as that was a bridge between the NX and Constitution classes I've given it stats between the two.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[NA] (3) •Kes, Precognitive Ocampa
Ocampa
[Stf] [Voy]
•Anthropology •Exobiology •Medical •Science •2 Telepathy
When you play this personnel, you may reveal the top three cards of your opponent's dilemma pile. Your [Voy] personnel present are attributes+1 for each Species 8472 dilemma revealed in this way until the end of the turn.
"It's not the Borg that we should be worried about..."
INT 7 CUN 6 STR 4

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] (0) Kosst Amojan
Pah-Wraith. To play this, you must command a Kai or Prylar. Discard the top 10 cards of your deck. Destroy this event.
"The Pah wraiths have judged you and found you worthy. Their secrets are now your secrets to do with as you please. Take their gift and use it. Seize the power they're offering you!"

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Dual] Dilemma
The Sound of Her Voice
If you can hear me, please respond. My government will reward you for any assistance you can offer… and most of all, you'll be my personal heroes.
Place on ship if Honor + Greed > Treachery. Ship must do nothing but travel to far end of spaceline, discard dilemma. Then crew is attributes -2 until end of your next turn (unless you have Celebratory Toast or discard Klingon Death Yell).

By Blueshift
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Debunk false god

[1E-P] Gamma Trianguli VI. Free humanoid society from false god to enable progress. "Well, there goes paradise." (McCoy)

x = -15 points for opponent. Double if [Fed]. Science x3 AND
Anthropology OR Archeology. If solved flip over.

Any Affiliation may attempt. Point Box: x

Back side

Spread the Word

[1E-P] Gamma Trianguli VI. „Vaal is Vaal. He is everything“ (Akuta).

Any Feeder of Vaal OR Vedek OR Priest OR Cleric

If solved flip over. Download and seed up to three dilemmas with ‚god‘ or ‚worshippers‘ in title or lore (even from outside the game).

Any non [Fed] Affiliation may attempt. Point Box: 0

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I've been busy lately, and totally forgot to enter for the last couple of months!

[Equ] Proton Pack
Compact nuclear accelerator based on an ancient Earth design. Utilized to immobilize and trap "spirits". Power cells have a half life of 5000 years.
Once per turn you may stop your ENGINEER present to nullify a Dilemma, Interrupt, or Event that has spirit, ghost, or spectre in the name or lore.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Fed](2) •Deanna Troi, Unexpectedly Expecting
[Stf] [TNG] Betazoid/Human
Anthropology, Biology, Medical, Telepathy
When you play this personnel, you may download a Decay event. When this personnel is randomly selected by a dilemma, you may return a non-dilemma card on your Decay event to its owner's hand.
"Last night while I slept... something, which I can only describe as a presence, entered my body."
Integrity 6 Cunning 5 Strength 3

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Since Paz never closed this contest or started the next one I'm sliding in!
[Dual] More of Gravy than of Grave
If Holodeck or Holo-Projector present, crew or away team stopped until the end of your next turn, discard dilemma. Otherwise, to get past requires Cunning>40.
The Ghost of Jacob Marley shows up and messes with you if you have projection technology, so it's a good anti-Fed/ [Holo] meta card which also makes a serviceable anti-redshirt card if no shenanigans are around.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]