For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

Vote for the Winner of Januar's Challenge "Ghostbusters"

Ronin, Howard Family Ghost
14%
U.S.S. Essex, Ghost Ship
5%
Kes, Precognitive Ocampa
10%
Kosst Amojan
19%
The Sound of Her Voice
19%
Debunk False God
5%
Proton Pack
5%
Deanna Troi, Unexpectedly Expecting
14%
More of Gravy than of Grave
10%

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome to the eighth season of the monthly Thematic Challenges! For those who are new to this, this challenge was started in 2011 by MattgomeryScott and was rebooted by me in 2019. Every month I will announce a topic or theme and everyone may create a dream card during that month and post it in the month's thread. Voting will be done during the next month. Everyone is invited to join and we appreciate every single submission. At the end of the year, there will be a little bit more demanding challenge and we will announce the overall winner of the season.

This season I would like to give multiple votes a chance. In the past it happened all too often that we had tied monthly winners. In hope to spread the field a bit, everyone will receive three votes. You do not have to use all three votes, but now you can clearly mark your top three of the monthly entries.

Also, I am in dire need of new challenges. If you have a idea, I would be happy to hear! Please drop me a PM via the boards.

And as always, feel free to contact me as I am always looking for feedback and ways to improve this.

These are the entries from last month's challenge.
  1. [NA] (4) •Ronin, Howard Family Ghost
    Anaphasic Lifeform
    [SD] 2 Anthropology [SD] 2 Diplomacy [SD] 2 Telepathy [SD] 2 Treachery
    Infiltrator. Subtract two from each Consume on each of your dilemmas revealed at this mission.
    "You have been using me, Nana, my entire family for centuries!"
    "And I loved all of them! And they loved me."

Integrity 2 Cunning 8 Strength 8]
  2. [Fed] (4) •U.S.S. Essex, Ghost Ship
    [Cmd] [Stf]
    [TNG] [Pa] Daedalus Class
    When you play this ship you may lose 5 points to download up to three [TNG] personnel you do not command and place them aboard this ship. Your opponent now commands those personnel. At the start of your next turn, you take command of those personnel.
    “The U.S.S. Essex under the command of Captain Bryce Shumar disappeared in this sector over two centuries ago.”
    Range 7 Weapons 6 Shields 6
  3. [NA] (3) •Kes, Precognitive Ocampa
    Ocampa
    [Stf] [Voy]
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Exobiology [SD] Medical [SD] Science [SD] 2 Telepathy
    When you play this personnel, you may reveal the top three cards of your opponent's dilemma pile. Your [Voy] personnel present are attributes+1 for each Species 8472 dilemma revealed in this way until the end of the turn.
    "It's not the Borg that we should be worried about..."
    Integrity 7 Cunning 6 Strength 4
  4. [Evt] (0) Kosst Amojan
    Pah-Wraith. To play this, you must command a Kai or Prylar. Discard the top 10 cards of your deck. Destroy this event.
    "The Pah wraiths have judged you and found you worthy. Their secrets are now your secrets to do with as you please. Take their gift and use it. Seize the power they're offering you!"
  5. [Dual] The Sound of Her Voice
    If you can hear me, please respond. My government will reward you for any assistance you can offer… and most of all, you'll be my personal heroes.
    Place on ship if Honor + Greed > Treachery. Ship must do nothing but travel to far end of spaceline, discard dilemma. Then crew is attributes -2 until end of your next turn (unless you have Celebratory Toast or discard Klingon Death Yell).
  6. Debunk False God
    [1E-P] Gamma Trianguli VI. Free humanoid society from false god to enable progress. "Well, there goes paradise." (McCoy)
    x = -15 points for opponent. Double if [Fed]. Science x3 AND
    Anthropology OR Archeology. If solved flip over.
    Any Affiliation may attempt. Point Box: x
    Spread the Word [Back Side]
    [1E-P] Gamma Trianguli VI. „Vaal is Vaal. He is everything“ (Akuta).
    Any Feeder of Vaal OR Vedek OR Priest OR Cleric
    If solved flip over. Download and seed up to three dilemmas with ‚god‘ or ‚worshippers‘ in title or lore (even from outside the game).
    Any non [Fed] Affiliation may attempt. Point Box: 0
  7. [Equ] Proton Pack
    Compact nuclear accelerator based on an ancient Earth design. Utilized to immobilize and trap "spirits". Power cells have a half life of 5000 years.
    Once per turn you may stop your ENGINEER present to nullify a Dilemma, Interrupt, or Event that has spirit, ghost, or spectre in the name or lore.
  8. [Fed] (2) •Deanna Troi, Unexpectedly Expecting
    [Stf] [TNG] Betazoid/Human
    [SD] Anthropology [SD] Biology [SD] Medical [SD] Telepathy
    When you play this personnel, you may download a Decay event. When this personnel is randomly selected by a dilemma, you may return a non-dilemma card on your Decay event to its owner's hand.
    "Last night while I slept... something, which I can only describe as a presence, entered my body."
    Integrity 6 Cunning 5 Strength 3
  9. [Dual] More of Gravy than of Grave
    If Holodeck or Holo-Projector present, crew or away team stopped until the end of your next turn, discard dilemma. Otherwise, to get past requires Cunning>40.
This is the overall scoreboard of this season.
Coming soon...

All kinds of sealed Boosters, buttons and promo foil cards from my collection. The specific distribution will be announced later this year.

January 2021: Millenium Gate
February 2021: Ghostbusters

Thematic Challenge VIII 03: Pi Day
14 March is Pi Day! Create a Star Trek CCG card about mathematics, a card that uses a mathematic formula, or (at least) a card with a variable.

DEADLINE 31st March 2021

Sneak peak for April's challenge: Space, the final frontier.
Last edited by Pazuzu on Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Equ] 2 •Topological Anomaly 4747
Artifact. (To play this card, you must have completed a mission requiring Acquisition, Anthropology, or Archaeology.) When combat begins involving your personnel present, the opponent's personnel involved who has the highest Cunning is killed.
"Then when the Borg download his memory, it'll be incorporated it into their network, then they'll try to analyse it."
"It is designed so that each approach they take will spawn an anomalous solution. The anomalies are designed to interact with each other, linking together to form an endless and unsolvable puzzle."

By Blueshift
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
[1E-Int] FA=-FB

A „Newtonian Truism“ forced on Dixon Hill by Cyrus Redblock: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Plays if any of your personnel was just killed. Opponent must discard one personnel in play (random selection).

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] (0) •Heavy Lifting
Q. To play this event, you must command a ship with 4 or more staffing icons. Plays on an opponent's mission. When a dilemma is about to be revealed here, change it's cost to 9 minus the printed cost and ignore any other cost modifications.
"You know, this might work. We can't change the gravitational constant of the universe, but if we wrap a low level warp field around that moon, we could reduce its gravitational constant. Make it lighter so we can push it.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[Int] Calculated Statement
When your opponent begins a mission attempt, reveal a random personnel involved. If that personnel has Cunning<7, draw a card. Otherwise, examine that opponent's hand. Remove this interrupt from the game.
"And the square of the hypotenuse of a right triangle..."
"Is equal to the sum of the square of the other two... Two something. Which I once heard, but never understood."

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Dual] DILEMMA
Fermat's Last Theorem
xn + yn = zn where n is greater than 2. Remarkable proof!
First, stops most cunning Science or Engineer (random selection if tie). Then, to get passed, stop most cunning Officer (your choice if tie).
Edit, anyone know how to do superscript?
Last edited by winterflames on Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Edit, wrong button...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
[Dual] DILEMMA
Calculus!
Harry Bernard refused to study calculus because he wanted to be an artist. His father said he could be anything he wanted, but he still had to study calculus.
To get past, place on one Youth personnel present. That personnel is cunning +2 but is stopped until the end of your next turn.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
My Entry:

[D] 2 A Little Perspective

Unless you have Cunning > than your current score divided by the number of completed missions you command, all your personnel are stopped. Place this dilemma out of play.

"In our arrogance, we feel we are so advanced, and yet we cannot unravel a simple knot tied by a part-time French mathematician, working alone, without a computer."

Notes:

Based on Picard's lines about Fermat's Last Theorem in “The Royale.” So if your score is 60 and you have completed one mission you need Cunning >60, two missions, you need Cunning >30 etc. If you have completed no missions then you need Cunning > Infinity, so it's a guaranteed stop, unless you don't have any points (as I think 0 divide by 0 would still be 0,) in which case it's a guaranteed pass. And of course, if you can change your score while facing the dilemma, you might be able to sneak past, making those “lose 5 points to do something” abilities quite handy.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Int] Self-destruct Sequence
When your matching commander is facing a Damage dilemma, prevent and overcome that dilemma. If you do not complete this mission this turn, destroy your ship at this mission.
Order- Destroy your staffed shipped to remove a dilemma from your core or on your mission from the game.
"Authorisation Janeway Pi-One-One-Zero."

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ack! Forgot about this. I'll reuse one I did last year that had variables.

[Fed] ❖ Gary Gygax
CIVILIAN
[Holo]
One of the various historical figures recreated by Data on the holodeck. Often suggests other games to play during poker night. "Hello! It is... nice to meet you!"
[SD] Roll 3d6 when reporting for duty. First roll = X. Second roll = Y. Third roll = Z.
Integrity 5+X Cunning 5+Y Strength 5+Z
Last edited by Cartagia on Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Did I miss April's challenge or are we taking a month off?

Everything OK, @Pazuzu ?

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]