For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Evt] 4 A Quality We Sometimes Lack
Recall: 2. (While this event is in your discard pile, you may play it from your discard pile at cost +2, then remove it from the game.) To play this event, you must command three Drones. Place a non- [Bor] personnel from hand or from any opponent's discard pile who costs 4 or less on your headquarters mission. (You now command that personnel.) Destroy this event.
"Such a noble creature..."
[Evt] 5 Target Their Warp Core
Manoeuvre. Plays in your core.
Order - Destroy this event to begin an engagement involving your ship with its corresponding Commander aboard. If you win, place this event on an opponent's undamaged ship involved.
Damage - This ship requires one fewer Damage card to destroy it.
"Photon torpedoes, full spread."
Last edited by rferries on Mon May 03, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
rferries wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:10 pmA Quality We Sometimes Lack
This title got my attention. I like these kinds of poetic phrases that tell --or hint at -- part of a story. :thumbsup:

They are legion; but some don't quite get there (source material wasn't meant for card titles, of course) and some, by necessity, are a little over the edge of epic... but this one rides the crest. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (Yes, that's a matter of opinion and taste, and only interesting for poetry/language/writing nerds, I'll admit.)

And then it even turned out to be [Bor] -related. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But even with the lore, I can't recall exactly where it's from. (There's only a vague remeniscence. Or perhaps it's imagined...) What ep, what scene?
I cannot not know this. :borg:

Thx. :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Target Their Warp Core is absolutely broken.

That thing should cost 7 and even then it's stupid powerful.

I like the creative thinking but you make it too easy to blow up ships and you turn lockout-less 2e into 1e.

By rferries
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:15 am But even with the lore, I can't recall exactly where it's from. (There's only a vague remeniscence. Or perhaps it's imagined...) What ep, what scene?
I cannot not know this. :borg:

Thx. :cheersL:
It's from First Contact, when Picard offers himself to the Borg Queen in exchange for letting Data go. Her full quote is "Such a noble creature... a quality we sometimes lack. We will add your distinctiveness to our own. Welcome back, Locutus." :)
Armus wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:22 am Target Their Warp Core is absolutely broken.

That thing should cost 7 and even then it's stupid powerful.

I like the creative thinking but you make it too easy to blow up ships and you turn lockout-less 2e into 1e.
Yeah even when I was posting it I was trying to think of ways to delay it. I've added that it has to attack an undamaged ship, but it probably needs a clause like "you cannot use this event to begin an engagement the same turn that you play it" and/or "your involved ship is Weapons -2 during this engagement".

Even then, it may simply be a fundamentally unworkable mechanic.
Question for noob

To his location (but anywhere at that location - p[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]