For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
We have all seen that every once in a while we got a new 2E card that had a 1E version. Well, all I’m going to do is take all of the remaining cards and remake them as 2E cards. I plan on making most cards from a gameplay standpoint like the designers would, so no overpowering mechanics if I can help it. I will also not be creating any new icons or keywords. I will try and stick with the spirit of the card though. Afterwards, I would love feedback and will even alter the card further and save the collaborated results for comparison if the case arises.

Skip:
none

Original:
[NA] ❖ Cravic Warship
[Nem,Grey,L] WARSHIP CLASS [DQ]
Powerful ship built decades ago by the Cravic. Still used by their androids to continue war on the Pralor Units.
[Attributes all -3 unless Cravic Unit in crew.]
[ [Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]] [Tractor Beam, Your Cravic Units may report aboard.]
[RANGE 7] [WEAPONS 10] [SHIELDS 9]

[NA] ❖ Pralor Warship
[Nem,Grey,R] WARSHIP CLASS [DQ]
Part of the large armada left behind by the now-extinct Pralor. Commanded by Pralor Unit 6263.
[Attributes all -3 unless Pralor Unit in crew.]
[ [Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]] [Tractor Beam, Your Pralor Units may report aboard.]
[RANGE 7] [WEAPONS 10] [SHIELDS 9]

2E Equivalent:
[NA] 6 Standard Warship
[Cmd] [Cmd] [Stf] [Stf]
Standard Warship
At the beginning of your turn, you may reveal your hand. This ship is attributes +1 (limit +3) for each Android revealed until the end of this turn.
Powerful ships like this were built decades ago by the Cravic and the Pralor. They are part of the large armada left behind by their now-extinct makers. They are still used by their robots to continue the war.
[RANGE 5] [WEAPONS 7] [SHIELDS 6]

Notes:
There was too much Cravic and Pralor robot stuff in the Holodeck Adventures set. While it was pretty cool to get an Android deck up and running, in 2E the rivalry between the two would not be carried over into gameplay story like in 1E. I condensed the command robots down into one card and now both ships become one.

Next: Are you there God? It’s the Edosians.
Last edited by The Guardian on Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

By Mogh
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hm. While I can understand why the Cravics and Pralors could be condensed, there could be some way to carry over the concept from First Edition while using the new "reveal from hand" abilities of Second Edition android decks.
Last edited by Mogh on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Mogh wrote:Hm. While I can understand why the Cravics and Pralors could be condensed, there could be some way to carry over the concept from First Edition while using the new "reveal from hand" abilities of Second Edition android decks.
Well, I don't want to do two ships that are exactly the same. It seems like a waste. However, your "reveal from hand" comment got me thinking. I'll update the text. What do you think?
Last edited by The Guardian on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
I'm all for condensing it into a single card. I like Mogh's suggestion, the "reveal from hand" theme would definitely be great. What about "At the start of your turn, you may reveal your hand to make this ship attributes +1 for each Android revealed until the end of this turn." ?
Last edited by Kaiser on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Kaiser wrote:I'm all for condensing it into a single card. I like Mogh's suggestion, the "reveal from hand" theme would definitely be great. What about "At the start of your turn, you may reveal your hand to make this ship attributes +1 for each Android revealed until the end of this turn." ?
We are of one mind, it seems.

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]