For posting text-only dream cards (no graphical cards or links to sites hosting such cards) and for speculation on future sets.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Ferenginar Regional Participant 2024
Im sure most of you know about the horizontal Executor ship card from SWCCG. But are there any Trek images that would make a good horizontal card image for 2E? I cant think of any offhand.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
doctorjoya wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:41 pm Im sure most of you know about the horizontal Executor ship card from SWCCG. But are there any Trek images that would make a good horizontal card image for 2E? I cant think of any offhand.
Well I mean we have U.S.S. Enterprise, Earth's Savior and Queen's Borg Sphere from Genesis, but in practical terms I never liked the horizontal cards, as playing them requires turning them sideways or managing a cross-stack between ship and crew.

They're pretty though, I'll give them that.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:51 pm
Well I mean we have U.S.S. Enterprise, Earth's Savior and Queen's Borg Sphere from Genesis, but in practical terms I never liked the horizontal cards, as playing them requires turning them sideways or managing a cross-stack between ship and crew.

They're pretty though, I'll give them that.
The Enterprise looks pretty good, but the Borg sphere looks terrible. It's not an image begging for a horizontal card (a round one maybe lol). The Executor on the other hand... which brings me to my point. It might be worth combing through the movies to find good horizontal images because most Trek images are meant for TV, and good widescreen images are probably rare. And they don't have to be ships (although I like the sideways placement). They can be events that sit in your core, or ints.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
So I just watched Wrath of Khan again, looking for nicely framed widescreen shots that would make for good horizontal cards. I'll post one here and the rest as their own posts so people can reply with gameplay ideas.

This image for the Reliant already has a card, but the shape of the ship begs for a wider rectangle. Better than either existing horizontal ship card I think.
Attachments:
reliant.jpg
reliant.jpg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 2896 times

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Horizontal card idea: I really like this bridge shot of Khan's crew. I haven't played a Khan deck yet so I can't suppose a good card. But any event that plays to core, or dilemma, or interrupt, would be easy to orient (people's main grievance with horizontal cards).

Any Khan players out there with good ideas for this? Maybe a headquarters style add-on.
Attachments:
casual fridays.jpg
casual fridays.jpg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 2888 times

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Horizontal card idea: This image of the Kobayashi Maru viewscreen just begs for an event that plays to core, or a dilemma. I'm thinking some event that benefits a doomed player. Maybe a player that is behind by two missions. Or a dilemma that hinders an opponent that is ahead by two missions. Lots of possibilities here.
Attachments:
kobayashi maru.jpg
kobayashi maru.jpg (2.94 MiB) Viewed 2880 times

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Horizontal card idea: Ever notice how close people stand when they talk to each other in television? This widescreen shot captures so many people and their reactions to Captain Terrell's horrifying retelling(Terrelling?) of Khan's torture sessions aboard the Regula 1 space station.

This image would probably work best as either a dilemma or interrupt. I'm thinking an interrupt that adds treachery to either a dilemma or mission. Or maybe a dilemma that stops one or two people that share an icon.
Attachments:
captive audience.jpg
captive audience.jpg (2.56 MiB) Viewed 2877 times

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Horizontal card idea: "Who's been holding up the damn elevator?" -Bones.

This widescreen image would work well as an interrupt that restricts movement or mission attempts. Dilemma-wise maybe something that randomly chooses three people and if two of them share more than two skills or icons both are stopped.
Attachments:
damn elevator.jpg
damn elevator.jpg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 2880 times

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Horizontal card idea: This well-framed image of Kirk and Bones stretching out for a heart to heart has lots of potential for an event that plays to core, or a dilemma that plays to your opponent's core.

I think there is a runabout that punishes people for having too many people aboard. So what are the advantages of having either too many or too few people aboard a full-sized starship? Lots of potential here. Maybe an attribute bonus for over say twenty people aboard. Or, if in opponents core, an attribute handicap for a skeleton crew. Or maybe a damage marker linked to staffing icons. Lots of potential here.
Attachments:
legroom.jpg
legroom.jpg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 2887 times

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Horizontal card idea: have we all forgotten Genesis is equal part technological marvel equal part weapon?

This simple widescreen image of the Genesis Missile conjures up deadly ideas for an event that plays on a mission. Uh, can you say Biogenic Weapon?

This image could also be used as dilemma that plays on a mission or an interrupt that plays at a mission present with your starship. So much potential. All disgustingly destructive.
Attachments:
genesis.jpg
genesis.jpg (811.77 KiB) Viewed 2878 times

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I totally think there’s an opportunity space for horizontal cards in 2E. The ones in SW:CCG are beautiful and really contribute to the atmospherics and immersion of the game. That said, horizontal cards against primarily vertical missions doesn’t work real well. I’d instead start building the game from the ground up horizontally, starting with HQ missions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Viewmaster flashbacks with this image!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:58 pm Viewmaster flashbacks with this image!
Noice! Did they make a Viewmaster for Trek stuff?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The only other place I recall seeing that specific image is through my red Viewmaster in the ~1989-ish era. In fact, my kid brain was so colored with STIII-IV I thought that the Reliant was some other intermediate version of the Enterprise.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
I've merged all the "Horizontal Bop" posts into a single thread as they are substantially similar, in order to avoid pushing other threads that may still be of interest off the first page of the Dream Cards subforum.

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]